https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662814 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2012, 12:24:04 AM »
Looks like that behind closed doors UE4 demo was running on the U, Nintendo have upped the specs of the U especially for it according to someone on Gaf yesterday. Probably means that Epic were one of the first third parties to get hold of V5 dev kits. Great news if true. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
The first time someone's tried to do something on the U they've had to get Nintendo to improve the system's specs to make it work?
You see it as good news, I see it as bloody worrying - sounds like they're trying to push some shit underpowered console on us. Again...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2012, 01:52:40 PM »
It's not that worrying mate, they did exactly the same thing with the 360. They had Microsoft double the RAM from 256Mb to 512Mb. I suspect they've done a similar thing upping the RAM from 1.5GB to 2GB of DDR3. :D ;)

I see Nintendo getting feedback from third parties, acting on feedback from third parties, trying the latest dev kits on all notable middleware and, best of the lot, supplying third parties with free use of Autodesk and Havok middleware as a good sign that they're taking third parties seriously and are encouraging development. How could that possibly be worrying..? :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2012, 01:54:14 PM »
I expect you have a credible source and link for this news then harv.. have you heck lol.. its just some speccy four eyed geek on one of the gaming websites you visit...

Offline harv

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2012, 02:16:32 PM »
Well it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility, the Ninja Gaiden 3 developers have confirmed that Nintendo are paying attention to and acting on feedback so if Nintendo are paying attention to them I can't see why they should give Epic the cold shoulder.

Offline bealec

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2012, 05:24:06 PM »
Got Skyrim yesterday....goodbye life!

Offline harv

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »
I'm still waiting for it to drop in price, I'm trying to limit my spending on games to under 20 quid per game. :-\

I might just wait for the inevitable GOTY Edition too :o

gldntrmite13

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2012, 08:22:37 PM »
Got Skyrim yesterday....goodbye life!

LOL.... it's very addicting...

Offline Late

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2012, 08:52:15 PM »
Got Ninja Blade a few months back (second hand)  and finally gave it a go today.
Might've been a reasonable enough game but for a few problems. Loads of QTEs (which I detest) and no saves mid level (can be a few hours for a level).

Can't recommend it really,  but I think it cost me about £2 so I arguably got value for money in the 2-3 hours I played.

Still got one game left to play from that pre-owned batch (Quake Wars).
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2012, 09:13:56 PM »
Conversation in the Gaf U Speculation thread has now gone on to who Nintendo should buy. One name that keeps cropping up is THQ. Plenty of strong IPs including Saints Row, Metro, Darksiders, Warhammer 40,000, WWE, UFC, Red Faction and de Blob. Around $50m would purchase THQ and all studios, including Western studios that Nintendo needs.

Or perhaps Sony could pick them up, although the timing of that wouldn't make it likely given their financial situation.

Offline jman

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2012, 09:00:55 AM »
At 99% on finishing harry potter 1-4... missed one Student In Peril and one Gold Brick.. and it's taking me ages to track the lil' buggers down... even looking at a guide I dont know which ones I've missed  >:( 

But I will find the buggers and hopefully 100% this game in the next few days.. I've found it less annoying than most lego games.. but also less enjoyable too... better than batman.. but not as good as star wars or indy... will pick up years 5-7 eventually... but in no hurry whatsoever.

Offline Late

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2012, 02:24:10 PM »
Went into Gamestation to burn any credit I have left there, today.

Don't really know anything about them, but picked up the following for £0.90 (came to about £11 but I had about £10 credit).
Bulletwitch (55% Feb'07)
Blacksite (62% Nov'07)
Devil May Cry 4 (84% Feb'08)
Star Ocean (72% Feb'09)

Probably all crap, but I'm sure I'll get some entertainment from them (and might even love one of them), but there was nothing I fancied - and I didn't want my credit going to waste.

Offline jman

« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »
I completed harry potter yesterday.. just 3 more achievements to 100% it.. then back onto NFS:The Run.. I'll complete that by the weekend definitely.. not gonna bother with online or story replay.. dont think its worth it.. disappointing game.

Think DMC4 is a very much an acquired taste late... think Bayonetta acquired taste...

Star Ocean is now on the bottom of my new game pile.. not gonna surface for a while yet.. if it had a more accessible fighting system then I'd probably be playing after NFS:The Run... but cant see that happening now I have Final Fantasy XIII-2... old school JRPGs are still the best.... lost odyssey & blue dragon are the best RPGs on the 360 by a long shot imo.. Lost Odyssey was fantastic I really enjoyed that...

I havent played Bullet Witch.. but pretty sure thats in the Bayonetta style as well... not something I'd be buying in a hurry  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2012, 10:02:11 AM »
Urgh - two games that are something like Bayonetta but without Liz Hurley in a very skimpy (occasionally disappearing) catsuit?

Meh, I'll give 'em a shot over the next few weeks.
My stack of unplayed games had dwindled from about 8 in December to only 1 this week - but with 5 from gs online and 4 from instore the pile's looking substantial again. Even if most of them are crap it should keep me entertained for a while.

Offline harv

« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2012, 02:02:05 PM »
Might have to pop into Game and Gamestation to see if I can pick up a few bargains at some point but I've got way too much stuff to play as it is. It's quite addictive for some reason. Am also going to have to put up some more shelves at some point too. ;D