https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662561 times)

Online jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1065 on: November 13, 2012, 02:14:47 PM »
Cheers... I think Im gonna finish the level I was playing on Halo 4 and switch over to Dishonored.. I really want to see what all the fuss is about..

Not that it helps, but I popped down my local Tesco earlier today and there were plenty of Blops on the shelf for £25 when bought with a points card as you said...

Offline Late

« Reply #1066 on: November 13, 2012, 02:26:11 PM »
w00t - just phoned the missus and COD arrived in the post at lunchtime :D
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #1067 on: November 13, 2012, 06:48:54 PM »

I can imagine that conversation

Mrs Late: (Thinking) Wow a call from my husband how nice
Mrs Late: Hi honey how ar.....
Late: Has it arrived yet?
Mrs Late: Has what arrived y...
Late: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOMAN HAS MY GAME ARRIVED!
Mrs Late: Oh that arrived this morning
Late: And you didn't call me?
Mrs Late: Well...I...*Late hangs up* I love you.....

Online jman

« Reply #1068 on: November 13, 2012, 07:18:23 PM »
haven't we all made those calls before though ? lol  :P

Only played a little bit of Dishonored, have to admit, I usually baulk at the idea of stealth games.. I much prefer to just kill everyone... even in Assassins Creed - I rarely played the role of a stealthy assassin unless the game made me.. but Dishonored has some very cool moves.. its a stealth game.. but you have supernatural powers at the same time.. which makes the stealth part way more fun than just creeping in shadows and such... theres a move called Blink which you learn first which allows you to run very fast over short distances.. so its basically a teleport move.. cant wait to try that out on an unsuspecting victim.  The "normal" combat is akin to Skyrim though.. basic enough with gun/crossbow in left hand and sword like weapon in the right

The graphics are probably the worst part of the game to be honest... slightly basic compared to modern games.. but the gameplay is excellent so far.. I got a pack of Tarot cards and rules for a game in the special edition and it also came with some DLC add-ons too... Im guessing the tarot card game is actually playable in the game..

Offline harv

« Reply #1069 on: November 13, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »
Lololol, brilliant ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #1070 on: November 13, 2012, 09:09:41 PM »

I can imagine that conversation

Mrs Late: (Thinking) Wow a call from my husband how nice
Mrs Late: Well...I...*Late hangs up* I love you.....

Wahahaha!
Almost verbatim!
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1071 on: November 13, 2012, 10:03:05 PM »
More like:

Mrs Late before picking up the phone says to the postman, lying in bed, having a post-coital ciggy: Keep quiet, it's my hubby
Mrs Late: Well...I...*Late hangs up*
Mrs Late to the postman: Great idea, Black Ops 2 is going to keep him busy all night so we can carry on going like bunny rabbits until the early hours of the morning. Thanks for delivering it early hunnybun.

:P ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #1072 on: November 14, 2012, 12:35:23 AM »
3 reviews for Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. 5/10, 5.5/10 and 7.5/10.

The last score there is from IGN who gave the Beta versions a 3/10, so that's a huge improvement already. Going to be interesting to see what sort of Metascore this ends up with, you may have reviewers making up their minds based on their experiences with the Beta versions before picking up the GamePad. :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #1073 on: November 14, 2012, 09:08:54 AM »
So long as he keeps her outta the way so I can get some COD played he's welcome to her.

Offline harv

« Reply #1074 on: November 14, 2012, 10:22:50 AM »
 :o ;D

A video showing how much fun the ZombiU multiplayer can be here.

Looks like a blast, shame it's not online though. Although given the interaction between the two guys here you can see partly why they decided to make it local only. The interaction would be different, less personal, if they were playing each other online.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 10:53:35 AM by harv »

Offline Late

« Reply #1075 on: November 14, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »
Yeah, keep telling yourself that...

Offline harv

« Reply #1076 on: November 14, 2012, 11:57:50 AM »
Well obviously I'd prefer to have an online option because I live alone but if you watch that video you can see how entertaining that's going to be locally. We'll probably see an online option in the sequel if Ubisoft have any sense. There simply wasn't enough time to include it, it's only been in development as a zombie game for something like 14 months which is a remarkable achievement considering the playthrough time of the single player campaign.

Another Razor's Edge review is now in, 8/10 as opposed to the 5/10 they gave the Beta versions. Should end up with a Metascore in the 70s I reckon which isn't bad.

Online jman

« Reply #1077 on: November 14, 2012, 12:30:32 PM »
Yeah well you wouldnt exactly just make a 1vs1 deathmatch gametype mode to play if you were playing online would you  ::) 

The guys playing are total n00bs too.. I mean the human guy was playing with a pistol for most of the match when he had a shotgun on him.. it seriously looks very boring.. especially for the guy who is literally just sending zombies in.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1078 on: November 14, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »
Local multiplayer only! Hahahahahahaha

Offline harv

« Reply #1079 on: November 14, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »
Mind you, having a decent single player campaign with a length of playthrough time around 4 times longer than average with replayability is more important to me than online multiplayer. I'll probably bung in over a hundred hours into the single player campaign. The Survivor Mode, where you only get one survivor to use to complete the game, is going to be more than a little mental lol :o ;D 8)

And it isn't 1 vs 1 multiplayer, you can have 1 vs up to 4 with splitscreen I think.

There simply wasn't time to get online multiplayer sorted, they had to outsource the local multiplayer to another Ubisoft developer.

The inevitable sequel will have both online and local multiplayer included I reckon. ;D