https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662927 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1095 on: November 16, 2012, 07:58:11 AM »
Like I've said before, if I was a Microsoft shareholder I'd be seriously pissed off that they didn't release a next gen console last year. That advantage they had this gen has now gone to Nintendo next gen.

Yeah, I bet they are totally pissed off when they realise the 360 has been the highest selling console in the US every month for the past 15 months now ::)

Offline Late

« Reply #1096 on: November 16, 2012, 09:05:56 AM »
I agree with Harv - the U will definitely be cheaper than the next gen consoles.

Well its more expensive than the 360 was at launch... and the nextbox wont have an £100 gamepad to have to deal with  ;D  I cant see nintendo sitting on their launch price for too long though.. sales will definitely dry up and it will be slashed within 6 months

I'm expecting £400 - which is fair enough if it has decent processors/ram/hdd. You'd pay that for a half decent gaming pc.
Nintendo will definitely have to cut their prices next year. I've always maintained nobody's going to pay £300 for a U if they know they could get the nextbox/ps4 in a few months' time for £400.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1097 on: November 16, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »
£400.. I doubt it.. maybe for the PS4.. I'd be suprised if the 720 topped £350 though.. very suprised... microsoft always sell their consoles at a loss - even in those leaked documents $299 was talked about.. the amount of money they make from xbox live has supported development of the 720 and I fully expect it to subsidise part of the retail cost too..

New GTA 5 trailer - this just keeps on looking better and better everytime something new comes out.. I dont think I've been this excited about a GTA game ever!

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1098 on: November 16, 2012, 04:14:41 PM »
Got my first couple of hours online on Blops 2 last night. Have to say it's a big improvement on MW3, which I hated. Played a couple of missions on the campaign the day I got it and didn't think much. Felt like it was trying too hard to push the futuristic setting... flying bat suits, invisibility suits and gloves that allow you to cling to the side of cliffs all in mission one. It's only 2025!

The maps online seem good, save for some frustrating spawn points on a couple of maps which allow the sweaty kids that have prestiged two or three times already to know where exactly you'll spawn. I'm liking the new scorestreaks and the loadout setup though. Will hopefully get stuck into Hardcore S&D soon as that's always been my favourite mode. Just gotta learn the maps first, otherwise you end up looking a total wally when everyone else on the team is dead, watching you, and you don't know how to get to the bomb!  ;D

Hopefully find some time over the weekend to play as it's double XP!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 04:16:19 PM by ancelotti »

Offline Late

« Reply #1099 on: November 16, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
...Just gotta learn the maps first, otherwise you end up looking a total wally when everyone else on the team is dead, watching you, and you don't know how to get to the bomb!  ;D
Sprint and Marathon perks ftw.
Hopefully get in behind the enemy while they're cautiously approaching the target sites. If it works you're scoring and don't get laughed at as much. If it doesn't you're the first person dead and there ain't nobody watching you trying to jump up objects that can't be scaled, running round in circles unable to find the door/path you need, and falling off cliffs...
 ;D
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1100 on: November 16, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »
£400.. I doubt it.. maybe for the PS4.. I'd be suprised if the 720 topped £350 though.. very suprised... microsoft always sell their consoles at a loss - even in those leaked documents $299 was talked about.. the amount of money they make from xbox live has supported development of the 720 and I fully expect it to subsidise part of the retail cost too..

New GTA 5 trailer - this just keeps on looking better and better everytime something new comes out.. I dont think I've been this excited about a GTA game ever!

It's more likely that the PS4 is going to be cheaper than the 720 given the target specs for each. The 720 is going to be more powerful. If either one of them is over £399.99 then they could end up with another Vita on their hands.

And as I've already mentioned, Nintendo have the huge advantage of having a much bigger stable of system selling IPs compared to Sony and Microsoft. The U is going to continue selling after the other two consoles have been released, without the need of a price cut.

Edit: First review from ONM is in for ZombiU - 92. Can see it getting a load more 9s and maybe a few 10s. Embargo is over on Sunday. Can't wait to see how this does, should end up with a Metascore of 90+ I reckon. 8)

Another Edit: Gamespot have given it 4.5/10, but all of his negative points are plus points for a survival horror game, think he was expecting an action horror game rather than a survival horror game. Edge have given it a 7 which is good.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:33:38 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #1101 on: November 18, 2012, 01:33:23 AM »
Love double xp weekend on cod - despite Kenny repeatedly kicking my arse.
Have gone from level 20 to level 40 so far :D
Even took time out to make a very nice spongebob logo.

Offline harv

« Reply #1102 on: November 18, 2012, 02:21:41 AM »
Spongebob logo - CoD iz 4 kidz :P

Another ZombiU review is in, 4 in total:

Gamespot: 45
ONM: 92
Edge: 7
Gamesmaster: 97 :o

Looks like the Gamespot review is going against the grain so far, will be interesting to see how this goes once more reviews are in. Could be a case of love it or hate it, perhaps..? :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #1103 on: November 18, 2012, 02:35:15 AM »
Be sure to keep us updated with the zombieu reviews please Harv.

And don't dis Spongebob. He's got more grown up fans than Nintendo have... :p

Edit - bloody autocorrect.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1104 on: November 18, 2012, 03:24:16 AM »
Haha! Everytime I got killed I think it was you! :'( Loving your Playercard emblem.. wish I was that creative. I just look at all the layers and shapes and think "cba".

Hate core though. I usually unload half a clip into someone to kill them, then another half when their buddy comes round the corner, then get killed whilst reloading. :'( Or someone takes a whole clip in the back, turns around and kills you! Eventually had to go play some HC S&D and managed to get my K/D up a bit. Think it's around 1.2 now. Usually it's around 1.5 on the IW titles but around 1 on the Treyarch titles, which I'm terrible on.

Liking this one a lot more though. Just wish there was a snow map or two, and another few night maps. Derail and Sub Base were cracking maps on MW2; it added another dimension to the gameplay.

Offline Late

« Reply #1105 on: November 18, 2012, 04:43:04 AM »
Yeah I usually play hardcore version but went into core by mistake and am getting into it (and can't be chewed to redesign my loadout to hc at the mo).

Offline harv

« Reply #1106 on: November 18, 2012, 06:10:09 PM »
Blimey, these ZombiU reviews are a bit mixed. Haven't read any of them yet because I don't want to see any spoilers but it's getting everything from 3s and 4s to 8s and 9s. Looks like it could be a Marmite title as I suggested before. Should end up with a Metascore in the 70s though I think when all is said and done.

The Giant Bomb Quick Look has been enough to inspire a few people to order one.

Can't wait until the 30th so I can try it out for myself!!! ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #1107 on: November 18, 2012, 10:54:40 PM »
Not going to be quite the system seller you thought it would be then... who knew  :o ;D

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1108 on: November 18, 2012, 11:39:22 PM »
I tend to disregard reviews from sites such as IGN, Gamespot and Game Informer. I've read Edge's review and they give ZombiU a 7, which is pretty decent considering they're generally harsh reviewers, and they speak of it quite fondly in some areas

Offline harv

« Reply #1109 on: November 19, 2012, 01:25:26 AM »
Not going to be quite the system seller you thought it would be then... who knew  :o ;D

It'll still sell systems regardless mate.

As ancelotti has said, Edge has given it a 7 (which is the equivalent of 85+ compared to other sites) and Eurogamer have given it a 9.

I think the reviewers that have given it 4 or 5 were expecting a traditional FPS with zombies and have been running and gunning rather than playing it the way it should be played - as a slow-paced survival horror game where you need to take your time and think what you're doing, conserving ammo and being stealthy.

If you run around like it's CoD Zombies or Left 4 Dead blasting everything in sight then you're going to be left with bugger all ammo and will be left with nothing but a cricket bat swipe or 5 between life and death. This is a game you need to take your time with, making sure you explore areas properly to find hidden ammo and weapons...and even then, you're still going to die. A lot. :o

If you rush through the game you're also not going to appreciate the feeling of loss that you'll get from using a survivor for a couple of hours. Some of the reviews have said you'll both love it and hate it lol. ;D

A true survival horror game with Souls'/roguelike features is full of instant win for me, but it appears (despite Ubisoft billing it as an old school survival horror game that's going to be unforgiving) that some reviewers haven't grasped the concept and haven't reviewed it accordingly.