https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662930 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1170 on: November 29, 2012, 01:46:24 PM »
Oh I agree. Anyone stupid enough to turn their console off during an update deserves to brick their console. There is a warning telling you not to switch it off before you start the update too...but all 3 platform holders need to have some sort of brick protection just in case there's a power cut. I tend to get around two power cuts a year on average where I am, and if I'm in the middle of an update when it happens then I'm buggered. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1171 on: November 29, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »
Oops, looks like marcan has hacked the Wii U already lol. He's only found the clockspeeds so far, 1.2GHz for the CPU and 550MHz for the GPU. Mind you, with the amount of crashes in the launch games so far it's no wonder someone found an exploit pretty quickly.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #1172 on: November 29, 2012, 03:51:28 PM »
Been feeling the urge to play through the Portal games again lately.
Played Portal 1 last weekend (or rather me and one of the kids played it on her profile) - but I sold my Portal 2 a few days after buying it, while it still had a lot of value. After looking around and getting no joy on finding a copy for less than £10 this week I've gone for a 30 day free trial of Blockbuster's rental service.
Have put Portal 2 on my list, of course, and marked it "top ticket" (priority). Can have two at a time so have also put a load of other games I'm half-interested in onto my list, including the latest Halo, Hitman, Assassins Creed, and Max Payne games amongst others.

Must remember to cancel before the 30 days pass. Silly time to sign up, tbh - means the free month runs out over Christmas, so to be safe I'll have to return everything in about 3 weeks and cancel then. Also, it means taking COD out of the machine, while I'm still loving it. But free is free... ;)
There's mention on that link of getting £15 free credit to spend on the Blockbuster Marketplace, too - but you need to pay a month to get that. So not the end of the world if I don't cancel until mid/late January - means I get an extra month of rentals plus £15 credit, but I have to pay £9.99...

Preferred the Lovefilm deal I had a few years back, mind. That was spot on. 3 games at a time, 3 months free trial.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1173 on: November 29, 2012, 04:32:09 PM »
Bah! Looks like I might have to wait until tomorrow after all, have been checking the tracking for DPD and they haven't received the console yet. Oh well, will just have to keep myself busy winning more cash on this Roulette. Have £495.70 in my account so far lol.

Going to have to get myself some photo ID before I can withdraw it though which is a pain in the arse as I don't own a driving licence or passport. Can't get a provisional driving licence without my doctor's approval, and there's no way he'd give that considering my diabetes control during the last few years and that and a passport will take ages to get here. Think I'll go for one of those Citizen Cards instead, they've got an express option and it's only 30 quid. ;D

£55 quid from that so far today, so not too far away from my £100 per day target. This is ridiculously easy money as long as you don't get greedy, stick to the system and do hit and run jobs. Unbelievable :o

Offline jman

« Reply #1174 on: November 30, 2012, 09:10:50 AM »
Bloody hell, microsoft sold 750k of 360's in the US during the black friday week... thats insane... (more than the Wii U and Wii combined!!)  I bet those shareholders are really kicking themselves they didnt release a new console this year  ;D  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #1175 on: November 30, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »
  ;D Surprised Microsoft haven't gone belly up, tbh. It's one bad decision after another from them lately. They should headhunt some top Nintendo brass - learn how it's done.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1176 on: November 30, 2012, 12:03:08 PM »
 ;D ;D

I really want to get Far Cry 3 now.. mainly because someone in my office got their pre-order today and Im jealous.. its sounds excellent now its ironed out the annoying features of the last game which held it back a bit... GOTY contender I've heard from several reviews..

...so it seems weird that Ubi - the biggest nintendo bummers of all decided against creating a Wii U version seeing as it has a release date inside the Wii U launch period.. constraints against the hardware prehaps or maybe Ubi didnt think it would sell much on the Wii U ?

I would bang out Dishonored next week and trade that in while it still had value, but being so close to xmas, Im banned from buying any more games until the new year  :(

Offline harv

« Reply #1177 on: November 30, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »
1 hour and 15 minutes away from getting my Wii U delivered. Looks like one of my neighbours has just got one delivered too.

Offline Late

« Reply #1178 on: November 30, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »
Two mugs living next-door to each other? :o
Do you actually live in an asylum?

Offline harv

« Reply #1179 on: November 30, 2012, 03:22:15 PM »
Next door but one as it goes.

Got it delivered, am now downloading the data for the update. Probably going to take hours to download due to Nintendo servers being so busy with traffic.

Console and GamePad are larger than I thought they'd be, screen is nice and sharp and more sensitive than the 3DS screen. The speakers are better quality than I expected, sound pretty good.

Had the same problem that plenty of other people have had connecting to the internet so had to enter settings manually which is a bit of a pain in the bum, might cause problems for those not technically minded...we'll probably see an article about it in the Scum tomorrow given their strange articles attacking Nintendo since the launch of the 3DS :-\

GamePad is really comfortable to hold too, although a little too light for me, I prefer a bit of weight to my controllers. If the 360 controller didn't have such a shite d-pad it would probably be my favourite controller because it's got plenty of weight behind it.

Offline jman

« Reply #1180 on: November 30, 2012, 03:34:30 PM »
You've obviously got an old 360 controller, they replaced the d-pad with a much better one ages back.. I never found it a problem to be honest, the d-pad is hardly used in many games - but the new iteration fixed it.  The 360 pad is by far the best console controller ever made - anyone that says otherwise is either too "used" to a certain pad or a fanboy... or both!  Its also the best pc joypad too - I use my black wired one for pc gaming  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #1181 on: November 30, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »
Yup, it's an old one. ;D

Update done, took an hour and 10 minutes to download and install which isn't too bad. Just setting up my NNID now. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #1182 on: November 30, 2012, 06:07:54 PM »
Some of the pictures in the Miiverse communities are pretty good, there's one that someone's done in the ZombiU community of the Queen eating with the words 'One does like brains' lololol ;D ;D ;D

Edit: Shit, I've just had a quick go on ZombiU with the crosshairs switched off and it's more than a little insane lol :o ;D :o 8)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:03:29 PM by harv »

Offline harv

« Reply #1183 on: December 01, 2012, 12:59:40 AM »
Bloody hell, this game is bloomin tense already and I'm right at the beginning lmfao ;D

Had my first moment of real panic, got overrun by a horde of 4 zombies and didn't shut my bloody door in time lol. Would have slowed them down a bit but I can't barricade doors yet, no hammer. Aw shite, there's going to be 5 of the buggers now and there was quite a bit of stuff in that bitch's backpack. Now I've got to face 5 zombies with 6 bullets and a cricket bat :o :'( ;D

This game is fantastic!!!

Tried the FIFA 13 demo and it's not bad, the new control scheme is going to take a bit of getting used to but the option is there to play with normal controls for those that want to. Free kicks and penalties are greatly improved with the new controls, not totally sold on the new shooting though. It's more accurate but it takes a while for the brain to kick in when using it.

Graphically you can certainly notice the picth and crowd being twice the resolution compared to the PS3 and 360 SKUs, am definitely going to buy it.

Offline bealec

« Reply #1184 on: December 01, 2012, 10:10:45 AM »
Ambulance crews were called to a flat in London today where it appears a man has wanked himself to death over the new Nintendo WiiU.

Ambulance crew member Hugh G. Rection described the scene as a mess. "It appears the victim was able to write "Fuck you every critic everywhere ZombieU rocks" in his seed before he died. He followed that up with "I heart Nintendo"."

A kitten was removed from the property and was found to be scratching at the victims testicles. The kitten was named Georgie. Police investigating assume the feline is named after George Best and were quoted as saying "Well he is from London he's bound to support Man United"

Police are treating the death as suspicious. Officer Paddy O'Furniture was quoted as saying "The case looks pretty open and shut but for the life of us we can't understand why anyone would buy a WiiU let alone bash the bishop over it"
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:24:43 AM by bealec »