https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663009 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1185 on: December 01, 2012, 12:59:07 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

I'm not the only one fapping over the Wii U and ZombiU 8)

A couple of hours in and I'm on my 15th survivor lol. Got stuck with a zombie horde attacking my safehouse, and the worst thing is that due to me dying before I got to my zombied survivor that I just got killed I've lost all of the gear she had. This game can be real punishing at times...particularly if you're daft enough to play it with aim-assist and crosshairs turned off lol. ;D :'( ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:52:42 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1186 on: December 01, 2012, 07:50:56 PM »
Blimey, Nintendo really have joined the 21st Century, you can stream HD videos (only MP4 though) from your PC to your U using the browser.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #1187 on: December 01, 2012, 11:52:17 PM »
Shit, that's twice I've jumped out of my skin and twice when I've had a 'shitfuckfuckshitfuck' moment of panic lol :-[ ;D

This game really ups the tension lol, partly due to the atmosphere, lighting, sound and music and partly down to even one being a threat to life.  What a fantastic game.

I've now reincarnated as Patrick Knight, Hooligan and he's wearing a chavvy red and white tracksuit top...not going to be too upset when this fucker ends up being din dins...although being a gooner is going to make him less attractive to zombies because there's considerably less brain matter to eat :P 8)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:26:00 AM by harv »

Offline bealec

« Reply #1188 on: December 02, 2012, 12:30:13 AM »
I feel my joke report failed....bollox....you win this round Harv you crafty bastard.

Offline harv

« Reply #1189 on: December 02, 2012, 03:39:29 AM »
Lol ;D

Patrick didn't last long, but he did manage to croak 5 zombies before he got infected. Am outside Buckingham Palace but having problems with a horde, will try again tomorrow. Think I might have to start using my shooter, have mostly been wielding the cricket bat because it's a great deal of fun, although unlike 99% of games you're not invulnerable when doing finishing moves :o

Offline Late

« Reply #1190 on: December 03, 2012, 12:24:24 AM »
Ambulance crews were called to a flat in London today where it appears a man has wanked himself to death over the new Nintendo WiiU.

Ambulance crew member Hugh G. Rection described the scene as a mess. "It appears the victim was able to write "Fuck you every critic everywhere ZombieU rocks" in his seed before he died. He followed that up with "I heart Nintendo"."

A kitten was removed from the property and was found to be scratching at the victims testicles. The kitten was named Georgie. Police investigating assume the feline is named after George Best and were quoted as saying "Well he is from London he's bound to support Man United"

Police are treating the death as suspicious. Officer Paddy O'Furniture was quoted as saying "The case looks pretty open and shut but for the life of us we can't understand why anyone would buy a WiiU let alone bash the bishop over it"

Wahahahaha!

Congrats on the Blops 2 prestige Kenny.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1191 on: December 03, 2012, 12:52:45 AM »
Cheers, Late. Had to play some Kill Confirmed to get through the last few levels as it just takes so long to rank up in S&D!

Chose to permanently unlock Ghost... seems to be the best bet, what with UAVs being so easy to get.

Offline harv

« Reply #1192 on: December 03, 2012, 03:11:16 AM »
Bloody Zavvi haven't delivered my copy of Black Ops 2 yet, and they posted it on Thursday. And they haven't even processed my Darksiders 2 order >:(

Offline jman

« Reply #1193 on: December 03, 2012, 07:44:50 AM »
Pretty much finished with Dirt 3 last night.. completed all but a couple of the lengthy single player achievements.. cant be arsed playing it online.. think I'll go back to Halo for a few days... want to carry on with the brilliantly thought out spartan ops storyline (I've only finished chapter 1 of 5)

I got my internetz back.. went through Internet Explorer App.. I didnt get 1 month for £1 though.. I got 1 month trial for free !! Just have to make sure my auto-renewal gets turned off by Jan 1st - I've blagged pretty much 2 months of free xbox live gold for nowt now with trials and cards  :P

Offline Late

« Reply #1194 on: December 03, 2012, 10:21:14 AM »

That's not healthy.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #1195 on: December 03, 2012, 12:38:13 PM »

That's not healthy.

You have kids and a wife how the hell do you manage to play that much? I have one kid and a girlfriend and get to play maybe 1-2 hours every couple of days and even then she moans.

Offline Late

« Reply #1196 on: December 03, 2012, 12:51:13 PM »
Insomnia has it's up side. Most of my gaming is between 11pm and 4am.

I don't normally rack up anywhere near as much time as I did last week, mind. It's usually around 15-20 hours.

Offline jman

« Reply #1197 on: December 03, 2012, 03:22:42 PM »
The Wii U obviously didnt sell out in the UK, still available everywhere.. including GAME

Wow.. cant remember the last time a console didnt sell out at launch - its either an excellent sign that nintendo did ship shit-loads of units... or its a really bad sign that nobody is actually buying it.. what do you think harv ?  ;D

Edit : Oh and check out Fifa 13 reviews for the Wii U on metacritic harv - Xbox 360 version gets 90, Wii U gets 70 - did I not tell you it would be a gimped version ?  ;)  Dont tell me, the reviewers haven't got to grips with the control system yet ? lol
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:43:35 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #1198 on: December 03, 2012, 04:05:32 PM »
I downloaded the demo and it's pretty good but there is a steep learning curve which I suspect a fair few reviewers are struggling with, but I haven't checked out the reviews yet. I'm buying it on the strength of the demo myself.

I'm generally ignoring reviews for Wii U games after the reception that ZombiU has got so far. It's the best game I've played in years and it had a Metascore of 75 last time I looked.

The stress and tension in the game is unbelievable, you'd think with the death game mechanic that you wouldn't get attached to your survivors but when you've managed to keep someone alive for over an hour and he/she has plenty of loot you'll fight tooth and nail to keep them alive and be seriously crushed once they peg it - mainly because if your newly spawned survivor dies you lose the previous survivor's loot forever...and your Friends get notified that one of your corpses is roaming around so there's a race on to get the bugger lol.

Offline Late

« Reply #1199 on: December 03, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »
From what I've seen so far the Wii U launch lineup mainly seems to be popular with retro gamers.
Fair enough, if it's effectively just old mario, resi, and already released cross platform games but with slight graphical overhauls and a "quirkly" new control method.

Sounding more and more like the wii1 launch, actually.