https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662606 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1215 on: December 07, 2012, 01:31:20 PM »
I didn't rave over dual analog controls in that post you quoted :-\ ???

And you've added my 'raving' about the U's eShop layout and functionality to that quote, thought it was pretty obvious when I was talking about them hopefully updating the 3DS shop in the same way.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Online jman

« Reply #1216 on: December 07, 2012, 01:58:28 PM »
It's the definitive version because if you want to use dual analog sticks you can use a Gamecube or Pro controller and the entire game that's available on Live is just one level of the Wii SKU, so you get a shitload more content. More control options, more content. Sounds definitive to me.
You do know the 360 version can be played in a native 1080p resolution..
..and the Wii version can only be played in standard definition... lol you lose buster!

But I'll give you a chance.. mainly so I can laugh a bit more at you, cmon then sherlock.. tell us why the reviews favour the 360 version over the Wii version... I mean.. theres a BIG difference between a 90 rated game and a 80 rated game on metacritic.

Offline harv

« Reply #1217 on: December 07, 2012, 02:32:03 PM »
It isn't in SD, it's ED. And no idea why it ended up with a lower Metascore because I haven't read the reviews. But despite the lower resolution the oodles of extra content makes it the definitive version. Much more bang for buck.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Online jman

« Reply #1218 on: December 07, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »
lol @ ED.. just lol.. I cant believe you even tried to pull that one  ;D ;D

So you've never played the 360 version.. and you havent read any reviews on it.. but you can categorically say the Wii version is the 'definitive' version... LOL.. soz my bad.. I forgot how logic works in your world.  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #1219 on: December 07, 2012, 03:23:44 PM »
480p is officially Enhanced Definition. And if you play it on the Wii U it'll be upscaled to 1080p anyway.

And content is king.

Online jman

« Reply #1220 on: December 07, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »
And content is king.

Its a shame you dont apply the same logic when you purchase console hardware hey.

Offline Late

« Reply #1221 on: December 07, 2012, 03:58:19 PM »
ED/SD are effectively the same. 480 lines whether progressive or interlaced is terrible.
And having the WiiU upscale it is unlikely to make the picture look any better unless you've got a really crappy tv. All high def TVs automatically upscale SD (or ED) signals.

Play your "definitive" Geometry Wars on your wii then try it on the wiiU, then come back and tell me how much better it looks. (Gawd but I'd piss meself if it does look better on your telly. But I'm guessing you've got something with a half-decent upscaler in it, so it won't.)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1222 on: December 07, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »
ED/SD are effectively the same. 480 lines whether progressive or interlaced is terrible.
And having the WiiU upscale it is unlikely to make the picture look any better unless you've got a really crappy tv. All high def TVs automatically upscale SD (or ED) signals.

Play your "definitive" Geometry Wars on your wii then try it on the wiiU, then come back and tell me how much better it looks. (Gawd but I'd piss meself if it does look better on your telly. But I'm guessing you've got something with a half-decent upscaler in it, so it won't.)

Actually you're usually better off letting your console doing the upscaling. A console GPU, even one as old and outdated Radeon HD 2000 that you've got in the 360, will do a better job upscaling than the vast majority of tellies. Unless you buy a big name top of the range telly you're going to get a comparatively shite upscaler inside the box. Even mid range big name brands have shite upscalers compared to the 360.

And all my Wii games are copies so it won't be going anywhere near my U lol. I'm thinking of buying the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles so that I can play them in 1080p. The environments in the latter look impressive in 480p so I can't wait to see what it looks like upscaled.

Have been playing Nano Assault Neo again, it really does look stunning. Weird that third party developers have beaten the Nintendo studios so far with regards to showcasing next gen quality graphics (Trine 2 and Nano Assault Neo), lighting (ZombiU) and GamePad usage (ZombiU and Trine 2). We'll probably see something more impressive looking from Nintendo at E3 next year I guess.

Offline Late

« Reply #1223 on: December 07, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »
Good luck with your upscaled Wii games. I'm sure they'll look awesome...  ;D

We'll probably see something more impressive looking from Nintendo at E3 next year I guess.
Finally you say something that makes sense!

I, too, am looking forward to seeing the nextbox and/or ps4.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1224 on: December 08, 2012, 07:50:44 AM »
Lol, next E3 from Sony and Microsoft will be full of lies, bullshots and FMVs...need I remind you of Sony's 2005 showing..? Lol ;D :P ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #1225 on: December 08, 2012, 08:42:12 AM »
Enjoying black ops more than i did mw2

We'll get a game soon Ross, not sure what happened last night
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #1226 on: December 09, 2012, 01:21:29 AM »
Have had a go on Black Ops 2 single player and am quite impressed. Treyarch made the right decision going into the not too distant future. I've been playing it with the GamePad so far but will switch to pointer controls tomorrow. Those wing-suit thingies are quite nifty ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #1227 on: December 09, 2012, 08:05:23 AM »
Single player mode?

You are such a loser
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #1228 on: December 09, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »
I always complete single player campaigns before going anywhere near multiplayer when playing games. Pointless buying a game if you're only going to play half of it ::)

Offline Late

« Reply #1229 on: December 10, 2012, 01:14:44 AM »
Half? Multiplayer is about 90% of cod.

Had a quick look at the campaign a few days back, but then I got my bandwidth back and got back to the real game. (One of the kids had been on Skype.)

Can't berate Harv for not playing multiplayer though. You need a minimum of six players to get a game going, so you'd be sat in a lobby until after Christmas on Nintendo...