https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663073 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1230 on: December 10, 2012, 02:24:26 AM »
Am still playing with dual analogs, do you guys turn off aim-assist..? Makes the game laughably easy. I'm going to turn them off next time I play, it's bloomin ridiculous lol.

Have been playing Nano Assault Neo mostly today, it's awesome. Am now top scorer for the first level out of my friends. Nice.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #1231 on: December 10, 2012, 07:40:51 AM »
Am now top scorer for the first level out of my friends. Nice.

Suprised it took you that long to beat your cats score  ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #1232 on: December 10, 2012, 08:16:26 AM »
God, even Patcher is having a dig at harv now... lol

The problem with playing Call of Duty online is it’s a community and if there’s only four people playing it on the Wii U it’s no fun. Nobody in their right mind would buy a Wii U and say ‘I’m going to play Call of Duty.’ That’s like saying ‘I gave up Facebook, and it’s Google+ now’.”

Link

Offline styles

« Reply #1233 on: December 10, 2012, 08:32:10 AM »
Am now top scorer for the first level out of my friends. Nice.

Suprised it took you that long to beat your cats score  ;D

Fucking class! Post of the year lol
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #1234 on: December 10, 2012, 09:08:03 AM »

Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1235 on: December 10, 2012, 11:06:54 AM »
Oi, 5 of my friends have the game as it goes...although I have got the top score by just 40,000 lol.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #1236 on: December 10, 2012, 11:39:03 AM »
Am still playing with dual analogs, do you guys turn off aim-assist..? Makes the game laughably easy. I'm going to turn them off next time I play, it's bloomin ridiculous lol.
If you're finding the game too easy put it on the hardest level. Aim assist ain't gonna help you much when your enemies spam infinite grenades at you. (Not sure if they do in this, tbh, but that seems to be common in the COD games.)
Not sure whether aim assist works when you're using pointer controls, mind.

Either way, stop fannying about with the campaign and get on the multiplayer, assuming there's enough folk online to get a game started.

My favourite weapon on COD, now, is the B23R pistol. Great up close, of course, and very effective at medium range. Crap long range. Combined with silencer.

Hate quickscopers. They're the new n00btubers.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1237 on: December 10, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »
Am going to switch to pointer controls instead mate, no aim-assist there. And you didn't answer my question - do you lot play with aim-assist or do you turn it off..? The game is bad enough with auto-regenerating health but aim-assist on top of that is just ridiculous lol.

I quite like the analog sticks on the GamePad though, there's a nice resistance to them and most importantly you have to put a little effort into clicking the sticks so you're not likely to click them by accident, something I always tend to do with the PS3 and 360 controllers.

Am watching Transformers on Netflix thanks to a free 30 days membership on my Wii U, there's also a 30 days free trial for Lovefilm but the Netflix front-end is miles better imo. Still, a good couple of features for those that don't download stuff like me.

Offline jman

« Reply #1238 on: December 11, 2012, 09:28:10 AM »
Any convex analog sticks are going to be inferior to concave sticks Im afraid.. if your clicking the 360 sticks by accident, then you're just bad at playing with a joypad.

One of the reasons why the 360 pad is hailed as one of the best ever made is because it has a concave stick which is less slippy plus you can nestle your thumb in them, they are perfect for shooters... if sony have any sense, they'll start using concave sticks next-gen.. they really need to update the dualshock - its well out of date.

Got an email from Razer a while back as I've bought some of their pc products in the past.. and saw they are now selling their version of a 360 controller... Razer sell some of the best gaming gear around, so if your interested - take a look here at the Onza - I've been thinking of buying one for a while but they are £45 - and yes.. they even have adjustable resistance analog sticks so fart-arses like harv cant even complain about it.

Offline Late

« Reply #1239 on: December 11, 2012, 09:38:59 AM »
I don't like that modified controllers are out there - I like an even playing field. If you don't have one you're at a disadvantage. If you do have one you're cheating.
Still tempted, mind.

I believe most people leave aim assist on, Harv, but I couldn't say for certain. I leave it on. Feel free to turn it off if you want, though. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it hinders. It's down to personal preference.

Offline jman

« Reply #1240 on: December 11, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »
Not really cheating though is it.. Its akin to someone saying that your cheating because your using a 50" hdtv and should be using the minimum spec tv that the 360 supports and playing in standard definition.  If I didnt already have three 360 controllers I'd definitely buy one.

Offline Late

« Reply #1241 on: December 11, 2012, 12:39:34 PM »
I know what you're saying - just feels wrong to me.
If I had one I reckon I'd map a button to duck and pull the trigger three times, on COD.
And of the complicated moves on fighting games would be a lot easier if they were mapped. Speaking of... cracked open DOA5 a few days ago, for a brief change of pace from COD. Seems okay from the little I've seen of it so far, but with more boob jiggling than ever before.

Offline Late

« Reply #1242 on: December 12, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »
Double xp weekend this weekend on Blops 2 (on ps3/360/PC - possibly on the u), plus play against the treyarch team (on 360)

Offline styles

« Reply #1243 on: December 13, 2012, 10:23:27 AM »
Bah - Christmas party weekend, I'll not get any play at all.  >:(
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline styles

« Reply #1244 on: December 13, 2012, 10:26:23 AM »
What are people finding is the most effective class set up.

I liked the mp5 in waw so something along those lines. I prefer bettys and being off the radar as well.

Cheers

Oh yeah I've almost maxed the gun i am using now to level 17. Can't remember what it is tho. Car or something.

Work hard, be nice.