https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662962 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1245 on: December 13, 2012, 12:00:45 PM »
As I like to move fast and invisibly and I stick mainly to Core Search & Destroy I'm keen on Ghost and Lightweight for perk one (so that takes up three tokens, as you need to use perk 1 greed, too), and I use Marathon for perk three.
To keep speed high I don't have a primary gun, and instead use the B23R pistol - with silencer attachment. The B23R burst fires three shots, and is arguably overpowered - perfect for running and gunning. Close up one press of the trigger will often kill, ordinarily 2 or 3 will do the job. It's three downsides are it's no good for long range, it has fairly low ammo capacity (but if you're keeping the silencer on and want the extended clip it'll cost two tokens to do so), and it's very hard to see the fantastic emblem I've put on there!
I need Engineer on, because without it I'm constantly being killed/incapacitated by betties, claymores, and shock charges. And because I have Marathon on that means using Perk 3 greed, too.
To round it off I usually go with a betty - and either a Black Hat or a concussion grenade, depending on the map etc.

Means I don't have a Perk 2, but there's nothing that appealing in there, for me. As regards only having one weapon, if you want a second one there's usually some lying around if you want one.

You get to permanently unlock one thing when you prestige.
First prestige I did Ghost. Second I unlocked the B23R. (And it doesn't lose it's attachments when you prestige - so the gun's available but so are the silencer and emblem etc.).
Means I'm actually capable of getting a few kills after prestige.
Need to permanently unlock Engineer, Betty, Perk 3 greed, & Black Hat on my next prestiges - though I'm undecided on which order they should be done in. Hopefully will get my third prestige this weekend. I'm currently Prestige 2, Level 39.
Have seen a few Prestige 10s lately, which is simultaneously impressive and sad. All look genuine (ie have put the time in, not cheated their prestiges somehow) - as they tend to have around 150-200 hours playing time on their combat records. I've got about 74 hours on mine, which is a lot for a game that's only been out a month. Would probably be a higher prestige if I played a different game mode, but I love search and destroy despite it's low "score per minute".

BTW, don't know if you're aware of it, but you can also prestige your gun, once it's maxed out. Means losing all attachments (though you get most back pretty quickly) but allows you to put your tag and your emblem on there.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1246 on: December 14, 2012, 03:10:10 PM »
Thats Toejam & Earl 100% achievement complete - twas easy really - great fun replaying them, the first one holds good memories - the 2nd not so much - but its still a good lengthy play :)

Offline harv

« Reply #1247 on: December 14, 2012, 10:36:35 PM »
After contacting Zavvi's customer service I've now found out why I haven't had Darksiders 2 delivered yet. The dozy fuckwits think it isn't released until February next year. Sent them a message telling them they've cocked up and cancelled my order because I found it cheaper at ShopTo. Christ on a fucking bike THQ are in enough shite as it is without Zavvi throwing a spanner in the works lol :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1248 on: December 16, 2012, 09:47:10 PM »
I've started playing the Uncharted 3 GOTY edition (bought it for all of the DLC mainly), and this is gonna be a tough 100% trophy-wise...Alot of time consuming and tough online/co-op trophies!

Offline jman

« Reply #1249 on: December 17, 2012, 08:10:45 AM »
Been playing Splinter Cell Conviction, have to say apart from the original Splinter Cell back on the xbox, I've struggled to actually get into or like any of the other ones, I literally played 10 minutes of Double Agent before selling it.. but I bought Conviction at the same time and never played it, but its really good.. I started playing the co-op mode first and it took ages to work out the controls and get used to the game as there is no tutorial with the co-op, but once settled,  it was enjoyable - the only frustrating thing is that some checkpoints are few and far between and this does cause problems if your playing with a total numpty who constantly dies and gives away your positions  ::)

So I tried the single player mode out afterwards and its great also - definitely an improvement over previous Splinter Cells and would happily recommend to anyone.  Still got a few levels to go I think, but there have been some really good levels - the story line seems good although Im not totally sure whats going on with it as I have missed previous Splinter Cells.. some set-plays remind me of some good spy films and thrillers which is all good.

Also finally got around to playing the You Monster DLC on Defense Grid, wow how hard are some of those gold medals Late ? lol - I think I beat one of your scores going for gold on the first level - and still came no-where near to getting it.  The last 3 waves cause me so many problems I end up spending everything I have saved - the last wave contains two shielded crawlers that take a while to kill, I think I could dismantle part of my maze at that point and kill them slowly with simple gun towers so my credits keep going up until they die.

Offline harv

« Reply #1250 on: December 17, 2012, 09:46:11 AM »
I decided to buy Little Inferno from the U eShop and it's a bit of a weird one lol.

It isn't really a game as such, you buy stuff from a catalogue, burn it and get more money than you paid for it. Then you do it again lol. And that's it. You've got bonuses for doing certain combinations of stuff so I guess you could call it a puzzle game of sorts.

But the weird thing is that it's so compelling, you just want to keep burning stuff lol. I've never experienced anything like this in my life...it's weird, brilliant and compelling :o ;D :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #1251 on: December 17, 2012, 09:59:54 AM »
Wow, I'll dash out and get a U - that's convinced me.
If only I could find it in stock somewhere...
(lol @ all the places now cutting prices and throwing extra games in because they can't shift them!)

Bit old now, but I loved the youtube vid for Splinter Cell: Lightbulb Assassin. Conviction's the only Splinter Cell game I've ever played, but I enjoyed it.

I remember the You Monster levels on Defence Grid being a total pain in the arse - mainly because the level layout was weaker than in the original set. Still fun, but just not as cleverly laid out. Totally worth it for the interactions between your computer guide and GlaDOS, though.

Got my third prestige on Blops yesterday. Definitely the fastest progression I've ever made in a COD game - but there's more and more people at tenth/master prestige now. (It's not like everyone's there - but you'll see one or two every gaming session now, whereas last week it was very rare to see one...)
K/D ratio has settled at about 0.95. Would be around 1.00 and I'd be happy with that, but from time to time I'll try one of the sillier challenges (such as playing with only a certain gun, with no attachments or perks or equipment) and get something like ten kills for 40 deaths.
It seems there's a cap on the number of emblems you can store on your account, and I've reached it. Need to decide which one(s) to delete if I want to make another. Must screencap them at some point.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1252 on: December 17, 2012, 12:04:42 PM »
Yep a right royal pain in the arse.. I think I only got one gold in the hours I played yesterday... but Im gonna keep at it to try and get the achievements because the game is quite playable on and off like that... I might then get the extra maps I havent downloaded yet.. depends, I have a feeling there is going to be new DLC for it soon.. called Containment... their kickstarter project for DG2 hit $250k back in August and they said they'd be creating an extra 8 mission DLC - which will be going out to the backers in December.

Offline styles

« Reply #1253 on: December 17, 2012, 08:38:32 PM »
Best headphones for ps3?

Was going to but the turtle beach ones on Saturday but just resisted. Need to be  able to completely enclose ears as the missus always gives off about the sound and Im not playing in silence
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #1254 on: December 17, 2012, 11:35:25 PM »
I know that Little Inferno doesn't sound great but it's one of these games that you really need to play to understand how good it is.Weird but compelling describe it the best. It's done by the same guys that did World of Goo so I knew that it would be good quality, and it's had some pretty good reviews so far too. Metascore of 80 last I saw. ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #1255 on: December 18, 2012, 07:49:44 AM »
Best headphones for ps3?

Was going to but the turtle beach ones on Saturday but just resisted. Need to be  able to completely enclose ears as the missus always gives off about the sound and Im not playing in silence

Turtle Beach are the biz.. although Sharkoon make a pretty good alternative

Offline bealec

« Reply #1256 on: December 18, 2012, 01:15:11 PM »
Didn't take the media long to link the Sandy Hook Shooter to Call Of Duty. It fucks me off when they do that. I'm currently replaying RDR but I don't have the urge to get on a horse and start lassoing people.

He had mental health issues and access to guns. Computer games had nothing to do with it.

Offline Late

« Reply #1257 on: December 18, 2012, 03:52:01 PM »
My thoughts exactly.
The fucking nut job probably also liked FIFA, but I didn't see him at the World Cup.

Speaking of mentally unbalanced - more price cuts on the Wii U.
Not my cup of tea, but if any of you are toying with getting the kids one this xmas and haven't done so already this looks to be the best offer at the moment. (Premium with Nintendoland, ZombiU, and some accessory kit for £310 @ Game.)

Offline harv

« Reply #1258 on: December 18, 2012, 11:14:39 PM »
Same thing happened with Manhunt ages ago when that kid got hit and killed with a hammer. And it was the victim that played the game, not the guy that killed him. That really pissed me off because Manhunt 2 got cut to pieces as a result and ruined a fantastic game. Uncut the game is easily a 9/10 but cut the way it was easily knocks a couple of points off.

I wouldn't mind but you see films and telly programmes much worse than any video game, and as has already been mentioned none of this is the cause of incidents like these, these nutjobs will do these things regardless because they're mentally unhinged.

Offline jman

« Reply #1259 on: December 19, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »
Well according to http://howlongtobeat.com my backlog consists of 19 games and will take me 16 days and 8 minutes to complete them all LOL - its cos I've got so many RPGs in the list!  To be fair - I was listing the games from memory so I might of missed some out on the old backlog and I might of added some that I actually sold... but its already at an unhealthy level!  Will try and update the list tonight if I remember.

Star Ocean:TLH - which I have barely started will take on average 56 hours apparently...
Enchanted Arms - Im about 5 hours into this will take 44 hours in total

To be honest, thats put me off playing them now lol...

Some of the estimates seem a bit off though - 24 hours to beat Command & Conquer 3 - Red Alert - nahhh... and some of the games I have are also getting sold in the new year because I wont play them again - Operation Flashpoint for example.. because its bloody shit

Its good that its ranked the games I have with scores too.. The Witcher 2 and R.U.S.E score the best - I actually enjoyed the bits of R.U.S.E I played - but the gameplay gets a bit samey after a while.