https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662616 times)

Offline bealec

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1275 on: December 26, 2012, 09:56:07 PM »
The Missus got me RDR Undead Nightmare for Chrimbo so gave it a go tonight. Zombies everywhere! Love it.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1276 on: December 26, 2012, 10:04:41 PM »
Brilliant add-on that, Chris.

Completely engrossed with The Walking Dead. Episode 1 was a bit slow and I didn't really get into it much, but the story just blew up in episode 2. Not gonna give any details away but it's awesome stuff. I love how the story adapts to the decisions you make, and how the decisions tend to catch you off-guard. You usually have just a few seconds to decide, for example, whether you save someone or let them die, and it can have a big impact on the story. Definitely going to have to play through again once I'm finished.

Offline styles

« Reply #1277 on: December 27, 2012, 09:33:11 AM »
Up to level 46 on black ops. Still don't know what my fave class is. I have begun using the skorpion on every map lately. Its good for running and gunning. I pair it up with one betty and a smoke grenade. As this version of the game is all about points not kills i find its better to try and take as many flags as possible (i almost exclusively play domination)
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #1278 on: December 27, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »
Awwwww, bless lol ;D ;D ;D

I wasn't too far from that when I got mine delivered, although I didn't hug the DPD driver and tell him I loved him lololol :-[ ;D :P

I really like to see things like that, makes me wish I had kids myself :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1279 on: December 27, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »
I bet the 3 hour mandatory update put a downer on his excitement.  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #1280 on: December 27, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »
Lol, more like an hour and it downloads in the background so he can quite happily play NSMB U while he's waiting :P

Watching that reminds me of my worst Christmas ever, I wanted a tie fighter for my Star Wars figures and there was a pressie under the tree that was about the right size and shape. Turns out it wasn't mine, it was for my Granddad. Most. Disappointing. Christmas. EVAR!!! >:(

Bastard parents, should have reported them to Social Services lol ;D

Was made worse by the fact that my best mate at the time, whose parents were well off, had absolutely everything apart from a tiefighter. And I had just the plain old figures. :'(

Don't know why he never had the tie fighter though...very odd. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #1281 on: December 27, 2012, 08:17:49 PM »
I got Farcry 3  8)  Cant wait to try it out  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #1282 on: December 28, 2012, 01:51:49 AM »
Walking Dead is on sale on xbla for one day only.
Episode 1 is free (and has been for a couple of days, I believe).
Episodes 2 - 5 are 200 msp each (usually 400 msp).

I had been waiting for the boxed full retail version but apparently the UK is no longer getting that. Happy to pay 800 msp (approx. £6) for the full story though.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:18:29 AM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1283 on: December 28, 2012, 03:06:58 PM »
Finished TWD last night. Was welling up in episode 5.  :'( Had some issues in episodes 3 and 4 with the game not running very well at times... not sure if that's a problem specific to the 360 version. Still, gotta give it a solid 9/10 overall for some outstanding storytelling. Can't wait for Series 2.

Oh, and one last thing, no one fucks with Clementine!!!

Offline jman

« Reply #1284 on: December 29, 2012, 02:59:30 PM »
Farcry 3 is awesome!! Great storyline, almost like a movie, and tons to do and kill, definite contender for goty!

Offline jman

« Reply #1285 on: January 02, 2013, 08:16:20 AM »
Wow I've played a shit-load of far-cry 3 over the past week - still only 54% through - think I have about 10 of the 38 main story missions left...I have done loads of side-quest though... the main story started off brilliantly.. but its gone off on too much of a tangent for me... its still good, but it could of been epic.. the game plays great though, I snuck into one camp last night, disabled the alarms.. then backed off to a safe distance and shot open the cage of an tiger they were holding in capitivity - who then escaped and was mauling everyone whilst I was sniping anyone trying to attack the tiger...I captured the camp and when you capture a camp, all your men come and guard it..they came in and buttfucked the tiger with a vehicle mounted machine gun lol.

Im certainly going to 100% the single player.. and it has co-op maps on top of that... plus I haven't even started on the extra lost expedition map packs.. theres a lot still to do!! Although I am going to start continuing on with the main story tonight.. its time to move it on a bit more now I have all of the map uncovered.

Offline Late

« Reply #1286 on: January 02, 2013, 09:44:40 AM »
Finished TWD last night. Was welling up in episode 5.  :'( Had some issues in episodes 3 and 4 with the game not running very well at times... not sure if that's a problem specific to the 360 version. Still, gotta give it a solid 9/10 overall for some outstanding storytelling. Can't wait for Series 2.

Oh, and one last thing, no one fucks with Clementine!!!

Played all five episodes of The Walking Dead last week (each ep being around 3 hours I think, though ep five seemed a lot shorter), and thoroughly enjoyed it. On the down side it was a bit buggy in places, and a lot of the decisions don't appear to change much of anything. On the up side, though, it was a fantastic story, the voice acting was great, and the implementation was the best I've seen in a point/click adventure-type game. Definitely a strong contender for game of the year.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #1287 on: January 02, 2013, 10:58:59 AM »
Rough details of the first DLC for Black Ops 2 have been leaked.
Released at the end of Jan on the 360 (presumably a month later on other platforms), includes 4 multiplayer maps and a zombie map plus a bonus weapon.
It seems unclear whether season pass holders get it before then. Really need a good deal on microsoft points. I think I'm down to less than 100 now, and I need to get me a season pass - which is about 4000 msp.

dealspwn

Offline bealec

« Reply #1288 on: January 02, 2013, 01:17:39 PM »
Playing AC3 at the moment. Still on the Haytham bits but I have to admit I'm not really enjoying it at the moment. It feels slow and clunky. I hope it gets better because I love the AC games.

Offline harv

« Reply #1289 on: January 02, 2013, 08:10:54 PM »
One of the best features of ZombiU is that you can use the camera in the GamePad to zombiefy your face lol:

Awesome lololol ;D ;D ;D