https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662583 times)

Offline styles

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1290 on: January 02, 2013, 10:09:50 PM »
Only sad fucks like you bother with that sort of shite
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #1291 on: January 02, 2013, 10:33:38 PM »
Why not..? It's a good bit of fun. Blimey, you are a miserable git sometimes lol :o ;D

Am going to get my Mum and Step-Father to get zombiefied next time they're around lol. Shame there isn't a camera on the other side otherwise I'd try zombiefying Georgie and Rufus lololol ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #1292 on: January 03, 2013, 12:42:20 AM »
Got any "after" pics? The "before" ones look exactly like I pictured you.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1293 on: January 03, 2013, 02:34:46 AM »
 :'( >:( :'(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Online jman

« Reply #1294 on: January 03, 2013, 08:53:03 AM »
Cant believe none of you are playing Far Cry 3 yet.. it seriously is that good... apart from Skyrim - I'd rank it as the best game I played last year - better than Borderlands 2, Halo 4 and Dishonored - definitely.

I finished it last night.. well finished the main storyline.. probably took me over 30 hours in all.. although I believe Im only actually about 70% through the whole game.

Offline Late

« Reply #1295 on: January 03, 2013, 09:15:44 AM »
I'm hearing nothing but good things about Far Cry 3 - but that's countered by the fact that Far Cry 2 was well received, too, and I hated it.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Online jman

« Reply #1296 on: January 03, 2013, 10:18:34 AM »
Yeah, Far Cry 2 was frustrating, repetitive and boring.. and even I gave FC3 the cold shoulder based on my experience from FC2...

However, Far Cry 3 is none of that - its actually enjoyable to play - there are pangs of assassins creed and skyrim in the gameplay - its the best single player FPS of the year - bar none.

Offline Late

« Reply #1297 on: January 03, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
Will pick it up, then - but not any time soon. Already got about 20 games in the pile (including Darksiders 2, FF-XII-2, and Witcher 2), and I've got quite a handful that I need to buy soon (including Xcom, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, Max Payne 3, Halo 4, and Assassin's Creed) - and the stack's not getting any smaller with me playing so much COD.

A little over 109 hours played on Blops 2 now. Will probably get my 4th prestige tonight.

Offline harv

« Reply #1298 on: January 03, 2013, 01:52:51 PM »
Have never been a fan of the franchise right from the beginning tbh. The first two looked great but played like shite. :-\

Online jman

« Reply #1299 on: January 03, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
Nah the first Far Cry was great, they cut a lot from the console versions and they were too linear, the PC version was much better.

FC3 is a "far cry" from the gameplay of the 1st or 2nd game though - it basically knocks seven shades of shit out of them..

Anyway... looks like the Xbox 720 is definitely going to be announced at E3 this year... Major Nelson blog already counting down to the event with the words "And it’s on…" Link

Offline harv

« Reply #1300 on: January 03, 2013, 07:52:03 PM »
I was talking about the PC SKUs, I'm the same with the Crysis franchise too. I don't know why but Crytek FPS games don't float my boat for some reason. They look stunning but for some reason they just don't play that well to me. :-\

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1301 on: January 04, 2013, 01:35:50 AM »
Downloaded the Streets of Rage games on XBLA. Played through 1 & 2 on the hardest difficulty, loads of fun. Got to Streets of Rage 3 (which I never played back on the old Mega Drive) and wow... It's so fucking hard! I got absolutely mauled on Hard difficulty so I turned it down to Normal, and I'm still getting slapped about! Looked it up online and apparently they ramped up the difficulty in the European version and toned down the efficacy of your special moves for no reason, threads upon threads across forums complaining about the difficulty.

Gonna go again tomorrow and finish it. Will just have to spam cheap methods which I hate doing. Reminds me of Street Fighter 4 where they made the final boss, Seth, ridiculously hard by mistake. He could block every attack without fail, knew every attack himself and teleported like crazy. Frustrating wasn't the word... Luckily he had a pattern which I figured out after getting my arse handed to me about 10 times.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1302 on: January 04, 2013, 04:08:12 AM »

Went a bit mental, so got enough to keep me going for a while there, along with my current backlog...Also got my birthday next week and then payday shortly after, so the GAME website will be taking a slight hammering off me again I think, given the fact theres still a bunch of games I need to get.

Downloaded Worms : Ultimate Mayhem too...Pretty decent, but the 3D style does take some getting used to...The control scheme is completely out of whack too, which is a little annoying, but it's still great fun for just over £2.

Online jman

« Reply #1303 on: January 04, 2013, 07:52:21 AM »
Reminds me of Street Fighter 4 where they made the final boss, Seth, ridiculously hard by mistake. He could block every attack without fail, knew every attack himself and teleported like crazy. Frustrating wasn't the word... Luckily he had a pattern which I figured out after getting my arse handed to me about 10 times.

Seth had a pattern?? - I never beat him - he was ridiculously hard.. just made the game very short lived for me really - if I'd of known before - I wouldn't of bought the game.

You got Dead Space 3 coming out next month too Ross...

My mate got me Borderlands 2 for xmas (on PC) - I played a bit round his house and enjoyed it and he wants someone to do coop with.. but I havent even touched my copy yet because of Far Cry 3* - thats what you need to buy next if you haven't got it already ;)

*and mainly because my pc is still up the knackers yard  :P - although I have just bought a new beast of a CPU and an awesome mobo so hopefully I can finally get it back up and running when they get delivered next week.

Offline Late

« Reply #1304 on: January 04, 2013, 09:13:32 AM »
Blimey, nice Christmas you had there, Ross! :D