https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662699 times)

Offline bealec

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1305 on: January 04, 2013, 09:56:25 AM »
I wasn't as lucky as Ross. Got myself 3 new games though. RDR Undead Nightmare, AC3 and Bartman: AC.

I've finished the story on Undead Nightmare and have just started AC3 so should keep me busy for a while.

Offline harv

« Reply #1306 on: January 07, 2013, 03:29:36 AM »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #1307 on: January 07, 2013, 08:18:25 AM »
I also got Goldeneye Reloaded for xmas... which I only tried out the other night...what a pile of shit though!!

For a start, the game is in no way like the original at all, OK it follows the same story, but it doesn't play out like the film or original game did... this is instantly a negative - and not what I was expecting to be honest.
The cast in the game suck - Daniel Craig as bond, and no Sean Bean - that just offends me.
The soundtrack is sung by Nicole Scherzinger.. and really is horrible.
As per most of Activision games - this is laden with QTE's which spoil any kind of momentum.
The stealth part of the game is ridiculous - I killed two enemies stealthily last night.. they were both dropped into water.. and whilst Im hiding in complete cover, pondering how to proceed - I get spotted by someone.. somehow??  Its broken.

I would not recommend this game to anyone - its just a cheap COD clone with James Bond in - get the original on an emulator - its a million times better.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1308 on: January 07, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
Yeah, they're all still wrapped up in their cellophane though! haha, I've been playing FIFA, CoD and Worms Ultimate Mayhem mostly at the minute..Trying to Platinum/100% a few games in the backlog before i really dig into anything new, though I'm dying to crack open Hitman...

Also, Keiron, speaking of Dead Space 3...It's out at the start of February isn't it? I still need to do that dreaded Hardcore run on Dead Space 2, so i might need to get back into that within the next few weeks! Should be fun..........Lol

Offline jman

« Reply #1309 on: January 07, 2013, 03:45:53 PM »
Yup, start of next month - Im unsure whether I'll get it at launch though.

I did a bit of the hardcore run on Dead Space 2 - I saved just before the elevator fight - plenty of ammo too.. although I got killed so many times trying to get past the elevator monster, I just gave up in the end.  Doubt I'll go back to it now.

Offline Late

« Reply #1310 on: January 07, 2013, 04:03:30 PM »
Has been rumoured for quite a while, but Crytek have now confirmed they won't be bringing Crysis 3 to the Wii U.
Getting past the marketing speak, it seems the game just wouldn't sell. To be honest, I would've thought it'd be worth bringing out even if it didn't make a profit, though. I'm not a big fan of Crysis, but bringing a graphical benchmark game to the U and showing off how it performs against the 360 and the ps3 would've been a good move for Nintendo (assuming it would perform favourably in comparison with those ageing machines).

Nice to see something other than Blops2 in my play summary, for a change.
I really need to get some other games played. Or at least play the COD campaign. My gamerscore is stagnating!
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #1311 on: January 07, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »
Nvidia unveiled Project Shield today.
Looks promising (though it's impossible to say without knowing price and support.)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1312 on: January 07, 2013, 05:01:17 PM »
It's EA's decision, not Crytek. Crytek own the IP though I think so there's always the chance that Nintendo will publish it for them. I put it down to EA still throwing their toys out of the pram due to Nintendo not going with Origin for their store front, either that or Nintendo patenting their idea of using the remote as a golf club and the GamePad as the ball position. Going to be interesting to see what happens with Tiger Woods when it comes out for the U. If it doesn't use that method then I'd say the second reason is probably more likely to be causing problems between the two companies. Although I expect that Nintendo have granted them permission to use their patented idea, would make sense. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #1313 on: January 07, 2013, 11:32:59 PM »

Offline jman

« Reply #1314 on: January 08, 2013, 09:08:54 AM »
LOL ^^  ;D

Totally finished Far Cry 3 last night - going to start on co-op mode on Friday - it actually took me 26 hours to finish the SP - but felt a lot longer - the only thing I didnt do was to find all the relics (120 of them - I got 60).

So back onto my backlog now.. I started Fracture before Xmas and was quite enjoying some parts of it.. so I'll probably go back to that, goldeneye can get fucked!

Apparently I've won a PC copy of Assassin's Creed 3 for completing an Nvidia graphics card survey I did about a month back - code will (apparently) be dispatched on 15th January - be chuffed if its true.

Offline Late

« Reply #1315 on: January 08, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »
"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" has been announced by TT. That's fantastic news :D

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #1316 on: January 08, 2013, 11:18:41 PM »
I think you will find Dross in this thread, more than any football thread................ ;D ;D ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #1317 on: January 09, 2013, 07:43:07 AM »
Well I finished Fracture last night - for an average 63 game on metacritic - I'd say its probably worth about 65 overall..

Graphics are pretty bland, storyline is absolutely terrible and the characters in it are just pathetic, AI is pretty awful... but the idea of a gun that can alter the terrain in a shooter is a great idea and pretty much carries the best bits of the whole game.. without that element the game would of probably been about a 40.

At least thats a game off my backlog at last.. added to the selling pile - although it will have to wait until the next cull now as Im already selling 28 games on ebay

Offline bealec

« Reply #1318 on: January 09, 2013, 08:29:38 AM »
Played more AC3 and thank god it's got better. The Haytham character just feels so clunky and slow but Connor is faster and more fluid. The storyline is great and I think they chose a good time period.

Offline Late

« Reply #1319 on: January 09, 2013, 04:55:39 PM »
The more I hear about the upcoming "steambox" the more I'm liking the sound of it. Small form PC for the front room, operating from linux, running Steam's "Big Room", it could be a serious contender to the next generation of consoles.

Latest announcements include there being three tiers of machine - a base one at around $99, which does little more than stream stuff from your pc; a mid-range one for around $300, which is more like a traditional console but with much more flexibility; and then the top tier which can include whatever your budget allows.

The mid-range machine is quoted as having a quad core 64-bit processor, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 1TB SSD, support for 3 displays, 6 USB 2.0 ports and 2 eSATA ports, requiring just 40W of power to run.
Now I'm not tech savvy but a small form factor computer with all that inside it, with a semi-established platform like Steam Big Picture out of the box, all for less than £300 sounds fantastic.

I've said in the past that I have little brand loyalty, and could quite easily switch my loyalties from Microsoft to Sony if Sony's next machine looks a better option to me than Microsoft's - but it now seems we have a serious rival bidding for my money...