https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662642 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1335 on: January 15, 2013, 10:41:53 AM »
Im 90% sure the 720 will release in November/December - theres too many rumours to ignore this year, plus with the lack of many exclusives, it would indicate that studios have already wrapped up their 360 projects. 

I cant say with conviction that I believe the PS4 will release this year though, even though the guy said we'd know the release date by May, I think it will release next year  :o

Anything more than £300 for a new console is too much.  I believe Microsoft will price between £200-£300.

You wont see anything until E3 - theres no way Sony nor Microsoft would unveil a new console outside of it either.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1336 on: January 16, 2013, 11:00:56 PM »
Couldn't decide what to play last week so decided to stick on Lost Odyssey and play through it again. Just started disc 3 and I've noticed it's taking me a lot less time now I'm not reading any of the dreams.  Only about 20 hours in. So much better than some of the woeful JRPG's that have been released this gen i.e. The Last Remnant/Infinite Undiscovery. Would love them to make a sequel.

Offline jman

« Reply #1337 on: January 17, 2013, 11:16:28 AM »
Yeah the dreams part is slightly boring - who wants to read endless reams of text on screen.. not me... I think I read one, and skipped the rest.

You're right about the other JRPGS.. I am yet to find one that matches Lost Odyssey and I've pretty much played all of the ones the 360 has to offer - Blue Dragon would of been my 2nd favourite.. and that was made by the same people.  I doubt there will be a sequel to LO though, Mistwalker have done or hinted at nothing since they helped create The Last Story - just a handful of IOS games really.  I've kept onto my copy of LO though, I do plan on playing through it again and having a stab at that treasure achievement.

However I am totally engrossed in Civilization 5 at the moment, had to start my marathon game again as I wanted to start to play the game properly (instead of rushing everything I do - plus I was in a war with practically everyone).  I am really micro-managing everything this time around - and I love it - the only thing I messed up slightly was the placement of my 2nd city - built it a bit too close to the germans, and they got a bit pissed off as Im stealing all their nearby resources. but I swear the AI cheats.. really badly - the speed in which they produce things is unreal, I cant make things that quick at all.  Just gonna play it my way though, try not to piss anyone off and get some alliances going this time - I always go to war far too quickly lol.

Offline styles

« Reply #1338 on: January 17, 2013, 01:58:46 PM »
Is there any point at all in prestiging weapons in blops 2?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #1339 on: January 17, 2013, 07:02:56 PM »
First prestige you can put your clan tag on the gun, and second (final) time you can put your emblem on. Which is okay if you're using a gun where the emblem is in a prominent position and you have a decent emblem. I have good emblems but my gun is no good for displaying them.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1340 on: January 18, 2013, 12:39:58 AM »
Going through the Doom BFG Edition, starting with Doom 1...Not really that fun tbh, the levels are horribly basic (understandable, obviously, due to the age of the game), but it doesn't half make it a bit of a slog when you're just doing the same shit over and over, with little variation in the environments, enemies, weapons and gameplay mechanics.

Halfway through that so will knock out Doom 2 and finally move onto Doom 3 (which I haven't played yet). Beating all 3 games on Nightmare for the Platinum is solid though, I'm struggling a bit on Doom 1 and that's not even the hardest of the 3 apparently...

Offline harv

« Reply #1341 on: January 18, 2013, 02:14:53 AM »
Oops, some people are in a bit of bother lol. :o ;D :P

Told you they wouldn't be power houses, we'll be looking at 2 or 3 times more powerful than the U. All 3 consoles are going to be similar to the 6th gen in terms of the difference in power between the consoles. And it wouldn't surprise me if Sony and Microsoft have duct-taped a touchscreen onto their controllers too although they won't be able to use the same method of synching the delay between the telly and controller because they have that patented. Going to be interesting to see what they come up with to get rid of input and display delay problems.

Plenty of quality games on the way for the U - Ninja Gaiden 3 has just been released, Aliens Colonial Marines next month, Rayman Legends, Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter and Scribblenauts Unlimited during these next couple of months with The Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 on their way soon after. Good times ahead! ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #1342 on: January 18, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
The U is shit, and Nintendo have virtually put themselves out of the console game.
Handhelds and software only in future, I reckon.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1343 on: January 18, 2013, 09:41:38 PM »
Lol, it's still selling well in Japan and the States mate and it's still getting new games announced. Not out of the console race at all, in fact they're likely to lead the generation again in terms of sales and you may find the U being the lead platform supplying up-ports to the PS4 and 720 the same way the PS2 was during the 6th gen thanks to Nintendo's forward thinking with regards to the GPU and architecture. You'll probably find 10-15m Wii Us in homes before the PS4 and 720 are released and publishers aren't going to find themselves in the same situation as they had with the Wii when porting between platforms due to the GPU, architecture and smaller difference in power between the 3 platforms.

The only problem Nintebndo have is in Europe which has always been a Playstation territory.

It all comes down to the retail price of all 3 consoles at the end of the day, if Sony and Microsoft retail their machines at the same price or even cheaper than the Wii U then they've a chance at getting the biggest marketshare, otherwise they're looking at scrapping for second and third place again.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #1344 on: January 18, 2013, 11:12:57 PM »
Aw bollocks, Georgie Porgie decided to chew through my GamePad charging cable so not got any juice in the bloomin thing >:(

Going to get a bloomin great big jiffy bag and post her off to the bloomin cat's home lol :o :'(

Good job I'm feeling flush at the moment, a trip to Game tomorrow I think!

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1345 on: January 19, 2013, 12:40:50 AM »
Sorry Harv, if those titles are your idea of "good quality", You'd probably self destruct if you actually played anything that was credible, and not just shovelware/cash-ins on franchises.

Offline Late

« Reply #1346 on: January 19, 2013, 01:09:00 AM »
Sweet - you can stop claiming benefits.
They're there so people don't starve to death, not so they can have more gadgets than the average working person - especially when said toys include massively overpriced gimmicky shite from the land of the riding sun.

Offline harv

« Reply #1347 on: January 19, 2013, 01:11:46 AM »
Sorry Harv, if those titles are your idea of "good quality", You'd probably self destruct if you actually played anything that was credible, and not just shovelware/cash-ins on franchises.

None of those titles can in any way be deemed shovelware. Ninja Gaiden 3 for the U is practically a new game after the developers have fixed the vast majority of problems with the PS3 and 360 clusterfucks. Any Lego game, and any sequel to any game, should be considered a 'cash-in'...it's a new addition of a popular franchise and having a Lego GTA is going to be instantly full of win with toppings of Awesome Sauce.

Rayman Legends shovelware? Or a cash-in..? Then so was Rayman Origins. Like Lego City Undercover it's a new installment of a popular franchise. There are talks of it being a timed exclusive, so if that happens and it's released on the other platforms then does it stop being a shovelware/cash-in title just because it's released on your platform of choice..?

Monster Hunter..? Again, it's a new installment of a successful franchise and despite it's roots from the original title on the Wii should be considered a GOTY equivalent. No more of a cash-in than any other GOTY Edition of any other franchise and definitely not shovelware by any stretch of the imagination.

Scribblenauts Unlimited, again, can't be considered shovelware or a cash-in. It's the first time that it's appeared on a home console and going by the user feedback and reviews it's a top quality title.

Aliens Colonial Marines is a multiplatform title with the U SKU having enhanced eye candy and gameplay thanks to the U's power and controller and in no way should it be considered shovelware or a cash-in unless you want to tar the other SKUs with the same brush.

Offline harv

« Reply #1348 on: January 19, 2013, 01:15:50 AM »
Sweet - you can stop claiming benefits.
They're there so people don't starve to death, not so they can have more gadgets than the average working person - especially when said toys include massively overpriced gimmicky shite from the land of the riding sun.

Feeling flush meaning I have a £20 Game voucher that I got for Christmas and some cash I got as a pressie from my Uncle John. Not enough to enable me to stop receiving benefits. Take a chill pill, you're starting to sound like styles and that certainly isn't healthy lololol ;D ;D ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #1349 on: January 19, 2013, 09:30:27 AM »
He's spot on, spongers and layouts should be given vouchers not cash. I wonder how many would earnestly look for work if that happened.

You have to ask yourself what you're giving back to the country harv.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.