https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662677 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1350 on: January 19, 2013, 11:25:11 AM »
Giving back to the country..? My taxes paid whilst being well enough to work are paying for this, and will do when I'm well enough to work again. I really don't see the problem. Like I've said before I'd much prefer to be working but unfortunately it's not possible at the moment. :(

There's absolutely nothing wrong with people being supported by the government when genuinely out of work or genuinely unfit for work. I only have a problem with people claiming ESA when they plainly don't deserve it, I welcome the new measures that have been taken this last year or so to stop claims by people that don't deserve ESA.

Anyway, back to video games... ;)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #1351 on: January 19, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »
The unemployed are a drain we can all do without. House everyone together, I've no idea what you are doing with a flat to yourself, you should have one room in a house and be forced to look for work daily or look for/receive treatment for your "illness".

There are genuine people out there but you are like the vast majority just milking the system. Bet if you received a letter saying unless you started back to work you would be moved to communal housing you'd soon start feeling perkier.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #1352 on: January 19, 2013, 02:41:32 PM »
I'm not milking the system at all and certainly wouldn't feel 'perkier' but considerably worse, and I'm having suicidal tendancies as it is. I really do hope that you or anyone you care about doesn't suffer from depression because it's crippling. Same goes for diabetes too, I think I'm going to need laser surgury on my eyes because of it during these next few weeks...hopefully it's not too late otherwise I could be looking at blindness in the not too distant future :-\ :(

Anyway...video games...

Bought 2 chargers for my GamePad today and got a 20% discount for buying two of the same thing which was handy ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline styles

« Reply #1353 on: January 19, 2013, 04:13:41 PM »
Most people have thoughts about suicide on a daily basis. I know that whenever i drive i look at the oncoming traffic with fascination.

Mental illness is no joke, are you still on lithium? If it were me instead of seeing what wii u game is due for release,  id be researching ways to make myself better. My mum actually does have diabetes, so does my uncle. I know quite a few people with it in fact. My cousin has had it from she was a kid and amazingly she works full time as a teacher and has had 3 kids without ever once moaning about it. She has had several bad experiences from slipping into comas to passing out whilst having a shower and dislocating her shoulder yet she lives a full life and works full time. Gary mabutt managed to win an fa cup medal despite playing for a shite team (and having diabetes).

What steps have you taken this week to either help yourself or to get help?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #1354 on: January 19, 2013, 06:06:21 PM »
If you think you're less able to work than everyone else on these forums you're deluded. I don't claim to know what your life is like, but you have no comprehension of everyone else's life. There are people on these forums with serious problems who just get on with it and go to work every day. They don't whine on, looking for sympathy.

Oooh, I have diabetes and depression (like millions of others) so I can't work (but those other millions can).
Weak.

Perhaps you genuinely are too ill to work. Doubt it, but it's possible. Even if you are, though, you shouldn't be prospering at others' expense, living it up in one of the most expensive cities in the world.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1355 on: January 19, 2013, 06:15:23 PM »
Living it up..? Blimey. Hardly mate. I saved up for a year to get my Wii U and my bonus bagging has bought me a few nice toys but I'm hardly living the life of luxury.

Anyway...about video games...

Offline styles

« Reply #1356 on: January 19, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »
I promise i haven't hacked let's account lol

Work hard, be nice.

Offline styles

« Reply #1357 on: January 19, 2013, 06:22:33 PM »
Incidentally it would be easier and less stressful to go out and earn a living than to sit all day betting £2 a time on black

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #1358 on: January 19, 2013, 11:30:25 PM »
Not doing that any more cos I lost my discipline and lost it all lol ;D

Only lost my £20 stake though so easy come, easy go lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1359 on: January 20, 2013, 12:07:08 AM »
I'm not gonna jump on this bandwagon of hatred, but I gotta say, if I just sat at home all day and did absolutely nothing other than play games and watch TV, it would drive me absolutely insane. I dunno how anyone does it tbh.

Offline harv

« Reply #1360 on: January 20, 2013, 01:16:22 AM »
Unfortunately due to my depression I can only concentrate on things for a short time so all my gaming and watching films/telly series has to be done in small doses. And even then I can't watch anything without surfing the internet and posting on forums. It gets quite frustrating tbh. I love to read but there's no way I'd be able to concentrate reading a book, I've been trying to reread the Wheel of Time novels for the last few years but my concentration and memory isn't up to it.

Anyway, back to gaming, I've been continuing my playthrough of ZombiU and have gone through 57 survivors so far lololol :-[ ;D :-[ This is of course with aim-assist and crosshairs turned off which makes it ridiculously more difficult. There's no chance I'll be able to play this in Survivor mode with those turned off lol. I'm on a part now where you've been coshed on the bonce and have been put in a gladiator's arena type thing (which the local multiplayer is based on) and only have a pistol and 15 rounds with a few more rounds of ammo scattered about. And no cricket bat :o The zombies you face are the armoured riot police zombies which are impervious to bullets and molotov cocktails and can only be melee killed after knocking their helmets off...but you only have a pistol anyway so that's out. The only other way of killing them is by blowing the fuckers up. There's a few gas cannisters lying around but because I've turned off the crosshairs and aim-assist they're very difficult to hit lol ;D ;D ;D

There are also incinerator zombies with flame throwers that the government were obviously using to burn the infected and they blow up when you shoot them. But if you get too close you're literally toast. Very difficult part of the game this, particularly when you consider that these fuckers move about the same speed as you do unless you're running. I'm getting tempted to turn crosshairs on temporarily but I know that I'll be annoyed with myself for wimping out lololol ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #1361 on: January 20, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »
Your argument doesn't hold water at all. You demonstrate most days that you are capable of concentrating on watching tv/movies/games for significant levels of time. You haven't answered my question posed earlier, what have you done this week to help yourself get better?

Work hard, be nice.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1362 on: January 20, 2013, 11:08:49 AM »
Agent Styles from the DWP lol!

On disc 4 of LO now. Just getting ready to smash Gongora's face in.

Offline bealec

« Reply #1363 on: January 20, 2013, 11:45:31 AM »
Leave Harv alone! Remember he's sad and can't eat sugar.

Offline styles

« Reply #1364 on: January 20, 2013, 01:16:20 PM »
Lol, that's bad bealec

Work hard, be nice.