https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662599 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2012, 11:32:06 PM »
More intuitive to use the left stick to steer and be able to move the camera independently. There's a reason why 99% of games are controlled that way.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Online jman

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2012, 11:41:54 PM »
Personally I don't remember many fps games before halo that had vehicles in for a start, not ones as good as halo anyway

Offline harv

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2012, 01:35:35 AM »
It was the first one as far as I remember but that's no excuse for the bad design. It's a vehicle. It should control the same way as vehicles in driving games before it. A ridiculous decision imo. It was game breaking for me when I first tried the game years ago.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Online jman

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »
I started playing Bionic Commando today.. its not that bad actually... the save system is a bit whack... you die on a level, you have to go back to the beginning/checkpoint BUT you lose all the challenge rewards that you've earnt from that point and any collectibles you've picked up along the way too which is the bugger..... game is as linear as anything.. if you exit one area you can never go back to search for collectibles for instance... but considering it cost me in the region of £2.50.. its not a bad 3rd person shooter...  I'm using a guide on my first playthrough for the collectibles and I am playing on the hardest difficulty.. hopefully I can get all achievements in one go.. but it will be tough.

Also finally finished Gears of War 3 today.. finished off the end boss which was giving me the headache on hardcode mode... also had a little go on Horde mode and I love that... Gears 3 is definitely the best of the series.. its a superb game considering everything.. I just prefer halo matchmaking to gears multiplayer though...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:10:48 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2012, 07:52:14 PM »
Sod it, decided to drown my sorrows by ordering Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for £14.99 for the PS3. Thought I'd better play the first one before getting the U version of Arkham City later this year which, according to Rein at Epic, has good use of the U controller. Hopefully it'll have a bump in native res and AA too ;D

Online jman

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2012, 08:46:13 PM »
Lol at FIFA 12 ultimate team appearing on watchdog, can't believe someone would spend £80 on dlc for it!!

And they used the Carroll/fabianski kiss footage too lmao

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2012, 11:00:08 PM »
Sad to see that GAME are having a massive firesale in order to try and "raise funds"....You know you're in trouble when you start selling stuff for less than a quid. Will be a shame to see their demise, they've been my first stop for games for as long as I can remember.

Then you've been paying well over the odds for your games mate. With their ridiculous prices compared to online shopping it's no wonder they're going down the toilet. I've very little sympathy tbh :-\

I haven't payed over the odds for my games at all. The GAME reward points scheme has been an excellent incentive down the years, and I've gotten many games free with the points I've accumulated.

I'll take that statement with a pinch of salt though, given the fact you're a complete knock-off when it comes down to games, anything that equates to the price of above "£0.00" is considered over the odds to you..........The prices aren't ridiculous, they're fair, not to mention they support developers who work hard to give us hours of entertainment.

If you truly appreciated games, you'd buy every single one of them, which you don't, so yeah....

Offline harv

« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2012, 12:03:29 AM »
I buy my PS3, 360 and 3DS games and before they started these panic sales you could always find games cheaper elsewhere. And it should be noted that I've also bought a few Wii games over the years despite having my Wii chipped in 2007. Their games and consoles are overpriced compared to their competitors, and always have been.

Offline AVFCRoss

Online jman

« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2012, 07:35:01 AM »
Not 100% convinced in that at all, I still firmly believe the nextbox will be released next year, whenever they reveal it

Offline Late

« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »
Just like most retailers, Game and Gamestation are often more expensive than the competition, and regularly have a number of games considerably cheaper than elsewhere. That's not just with the recent "firesales" - it's always been the way. I've bought loads from there, and you know what  bargain hunter I am...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »
Not 100% convinced in that at all, I still firmly believe the nextbox will be released next year, whenever they reveal it

Yup, I'm expecting both Sony and Microsoft to release their next gen consoles next year, either at the end of Q3 or the beginning of Q4. You'll see them both being announced at E3 next year imo. They can't afford to let Nintendo have more than a years head start next gen, particularly now that Nintendo are targeting the hardcore demographic and are going back to releasing a high tech console again after a 1 gen hiatus with the Wii. I've already seen a fair few people on other forums that have said they're thinking of just owning the U next gen due to the U being pretty much guaranteed a SKU of all next gen multiplatform titles.

The U should have an installed userbase of 10-15m by the time the PS4 and 720 are released and should have a few notable exclusives by then as well as being ripe for a price cut if necessary. :o

Edit: Looks like GTA V is coming next year, and it's coming to the U as well. Was hoping to see it in November myself though.

The touchscreen will be great for GTA V, no need to faff about with the pause menu to set waypoints if the pause menu is on the touchscreen at all times. Very handy.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:58:16 PM by harv »

theegr8mightyp00

« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2012, 04:20:36 AM »
Anyone here with at least a 2 kd on cod that wants to play on the box or station?

Online jman

« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2012, 01:49:06 PM »
I started Crackdown 2 and enjoying it.. probably not as much as the 1st one.. but I do like the addition of the freaks/zombie type things... shame they use the same map, same gameplay, same objectives... feels like I've played this game already!!  But I enjoyed the 1st one anyway and only paid £4 for the 2nd one.. so good value.  Also received Band Hero in the post today.. thats #100 in my collection now  :D

gldntrmite13

« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »
Anyone here with at least a 2 kd on cod that wants to play on the box or station?

Got Battlefield 3 for Xbox..... prefer it over COD