https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662661 times)

Offline bealec

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1395 on: January 24, 2013, 09:09:31 AM »
Haven't you ever bought a console because of exclusives..? I got my 360 specifically to play Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising and my Wii U to play ZombiU, Rayman Legends and Lego City Undercover.

This next game from Monolith Soft is going to be excellent. 8)

I would never spend £200-£300 on a console just to play 1 or 2 games that I couldn't get on my 360 that's madness.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1396 on: January 24, 2013, 02:57:36 PM »
Buying a console for the sake of 1 or 2 games? I guess it's easy when you live on handouts.

No idea which console I'll buy next. No brand loyalty here. I took a punt on the PS3 originally for its many awesome exclusives and wasn't disappointed, but then got a 360 for the superior online service (which admittedly isn't that superior anymore... but I do require cross-game chat!) as well as JRPGs like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Star Ocean 4.

Offline Late

« Reply #1397 on: January 24, 2013, 03:46:43 PM »
It'd be lovely to get both next gen machines (or all three if you include the joke Nintendo brought out). Unfortunately we have to pay for them ourselves rather than have them gifted by the government, though, so I'll have to pick one.
I've no idea which it'll be. I'll have to evaluate both when details are known.

I guess Microsoft has a very marginal head start over Sony in claiming my money - gamerscore and achievements are stupid and worth nothing... but I don't want to throw them away! Which makes them (and Sony's trophies, and whatever Ninty use, assuming they've finally caught on) clever additions to the machine, to be honest.

Gawd but I wish we had some solid details on the machines. I'm sick of all the rumours. There's loads that all sound plausible, but if they differ from each other, as they always do in some way, then realistically we know next to nothing.
For instance, rumours abound lately that the xbox processors are running at 1.9GHz, rather than the 1.6GHz previously touted. Either sounds entirely plausible, but until we know the definitive specs all the "leaks" might as well be complete guesswork for all they're worth...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1398 on: January 24, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »
Blimey, you make it sound as if I'm rich. :o

I always have to save up for my consoles and I don't buy consoles 'just' for 1 or 2 games, but as ancelotti has pointed out exclusives play a part in my decision and the decisions of many others to purchase a particular console. Exclusives always sell consoles, but if I was only going to buy exclusives then my game collection would be miniscule!

My bonus bagging has helped me out financially of course but I've let you all know about that so that you can all benefit from that too. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1399 on: January 24, 2013, 09:47:44 PM »
Bloomin 'eck, looks like Nintendo really are following the Steam model for the eShop. There are rumours that they're giving developers a 70/30 split like Steam does and they keep on having titles on special offer. Have just bought Mighty Switch Force for £6.30-odd ;D

That's all of the indie titles bought now...my credit card is seriously feeling the strain now lol :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #1400 on: January 25, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »
Have you tried Resonance of Fate kenny... Im keeping my eyes out for a cheap copy on ebay - the cheapest I've seen it elsewhere is £10.. its a JRPG.. its got mixed reviews... but some sites rate it higher than LO.. the battle system is supposed to be immense.

Offline Late

« Reply #1401 on: January 25, 2013, 03:30:44 PM »
You really need to prioritise XCOM! Potentially my game of 2012. I thought AC3 was so-so... and I'm hesitant to get Far Cry 3 after loathing the second game.
Have ordered Sleeping Dogs from Shopto for £16.85. Cheapest I could find it, but I'm on backorder as they were out of stock. They usually restock fairly quickly though so the wait shouldn't be too long.
I sooo want to get XCOM - used to love it back in the day, and the demo seemed fine - but I'll wait until it's cheaper (and maybe get the GOTY ed.n, if they do one).

Have just ordered AC3. It seems it's not as good as previous games, but I'm sure it's still enjoyable enough - and I couldn't resist at the price (second hand from Blockbuster). Bit of a gamble, that, tbh - with Blockbuster going under, and with all their games being scratched and caked in grime in my experience. But the price is good (£13)...

Bought my season pass for COD last night. Have downloaded the zombie map*, and am all set for the new map pack when it comes out on Tues next week :D

*Not yet tried the new zombie map, but I've barely tried the other zombie stuff on Black Ops 2 tbh - it seems nowhere near as good as on World at War and Black Ops 1 from the little I've seen...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1402 on: January 25, 2013, 08:06:41 PM »
Christ on a fucking bike, there's a serious amount of fapping going on from plenty of people over the news of the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem title and what looks like a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles. Looks like it's revived sales of Xenoblade Chronicles too. Not so keen on the crossover though, not a big fan of SRPGs myself.

It's possible that the Wii U could become the console for JRPGs though, wouldn't surprise me if Mistwalker is working on another one too...mind you, I guess you couldn't have a sequel to The Last Story otherwise it wouldn't have been the last one lololol.

Square Enix should hang their heads in shame tbh, Monolith Soft and Mistwalker are really showing them up.

Offline Late

« Reply #1403 on: January 25, 2013, 11:35:14 PM »
Double xp on Blops 2 now and for the rest of the weekend. :D
I'll prestige tonight and hopefully quickly work my way through those horrible early stages where you haven't yet unlocked the equipment you want...

Offline styles

« Reply #1404 on: January 26, 2013, 12:29:52 AM »
Yes mate I've been levelling up like crazy. Hard to put it down tonight
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #1405 on: January 27, 2013, 04:29:29 AM »
Have just completed the first level/mission/quest/whatever lol o The Cave and it's excellent. I'm assuming it's on Live and PSN too, if it is then I highly recommend it. It's basically a point and click type of thing similar to the Monkey Island games. The humour is very Pratchett-esque, similar to the humour in the Pratchett point and click games so if you like those then The Cave will be a real treat for you. Plenty of replay value too if you're obsessed like I am with completing games like this with all characters. ;D

Also tried Mighty Switch Force which is also excellent, although getting any game with your own time limits to beat is a bit dodgy for me because I tend to get obsessed with them and get frustrated when I don't beat my time lol. Will do my best not to throw my GamePad across the room lololol. :P

Very impressed with the Wii U eShop so far, it's pretty much perfect, I don't have a single issue with it so far. The UI is nice, it's well organised, easy to navigate and follows the Steam model so far in terms of special offer prices and, allegedly, the cut that Nintendo are giving developers for every sale. Indie devs are going to be all over this, we should get a shitload of Unity 4-driven PC ports from indie developers considering Nintendo's deals with Wii U devkits.

Going to be interesting to see if Sony and Microsoft are going to follow suit with the cut they give to developers this gen. They'd be fools not to. :o ???

Offline Late

« Reply #1406 on: January 27, 2013, 11:38:02 AM »
Nintendo make Harv horny long time...  ::)

Offline harv

« Reply #1407 on: January 27, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »
Only since 2006 ;)

Someone on another forum pointed out the other day that the titles listed when someone managed to accidentally access the debug part of Miiverse has been true so far:

Metroid and Donkey Kong could be the VC trial games which would leave MGS, Final Fantasy 3 and Soul Hackers, the latter of which is for the 3DS but there could be a Wii U SKU in the works that we haven't heard about yet. :o

Not sure where Final Fantasy 3 is in the grand scheme of things, it would make more sense to remake 7 imo. Still, any Final Fantasy game means that the Wii U is going to have a game from each of the 3 biggest franchises in Japan. Talk about Nintendomination lol. :P

Offline Late

« Reply #1408 on: January 27, 2013, 08:52:35 PM »
I see what you did there. Inaccurate though. Soon they'll be dead as a Nintendodo...

They've already said they won't remake FF7 until they've made a Final Fantasy that's better received than FF7.
Can't see that happening any time soon.

Offline jman

« Reply #1409 on: January 28, 2013, 08:03:52 AM »
Sounds like your buying averagey crappy games again for your Wii U harv.. is that because theres no decent games coming out for another 6 months ??

Wii U attach rate is appaling so far... hardware sales are falling rapidly week on week (on par with the Wii at the moment), no 1st party games incoming for another couple of months, impending next-gen console reveals.. the Wii U is a sinking ship Im afraid.. its more Ninten"dont" than Ninten"do" ;D