https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662864 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1455 on: February 02, 2013, 10:16:09 PM »
Spend 40 quid on a second hand Wii from Game and get Xenoblade Chronicles from CEX if they have any in stock. The best JRPG released this gen by a mile. Definitely worth forking out 70 quid for. And in 20 years or so the game will be worth a fortune due to its limited run.

The soundtrack in particular is breathtaking :o 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline bealec

« Reply #1456 on: February 03, 2013, 12:38:37 AM »
Spend 40 quid on a second hand Wii from Game and get Xenoblade Chronicles from CEX if they have any in stock. The best JRPG released this gen by a mile. Definitely worth forking out 70 quid for. And in 20 years or so the game will be worth a fortune due to its limited run.

The soundtrack in particular is breathtaking :o 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #1457 on: February 03, 2013, 12:58:00 AM »
Well you'll be missing out on the best JRPG released last gen if you don't. It's fantastic, and this is from someone who normally doesn't like JRPGs. Definitely worth forking out 70 quid for, particularly when you consider how much the game is going to be worth in 20 years time. You'll get your money back in spades, I've seen them going on eBay for 50 quid these last few weeks. It's very difficult to get hold of. You'll probably get a few hundred quid for it (or the inflation increased equivalent) in 10 or 20 years time.

Same goes for The Metroid Prime Trilogy too. 8)

I've invested in the pair of them. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #1458 on: February 03, 2013, 09:50:40 AM »
Investment advice from Harv?
Smashing - I'll go do that straight away!
Been wondering what to do with all that spare money I have.
Should I buy some Nintendo shares while I'm at it?
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #1459 on: February 03, 2013, 11:00:14 AM »
Well you'll be missing out on the best JRPG released last gen if you don't. It's fantastic, and this is from someone who normally doesn't like JRPGs. Definitely worth forking out 70 quid for, particularly when you consider how much the game is going to be worth in 20 years time. You'll get your money back in spades, I've seen them going on eBay for 50 quid these last few weeks. It's very difficult to get hold of. You'll probably get a few hundred quid for it (or the inflation increased equivalent) in 10 or 20 years time.

Same goes for The Metroid Prime Trilogy too. 8)

I've invested in the pair of them. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #1460 on: February 03, 2013, 03:42:41 PM »
They'll be worth a good few quid in a few years time, Metroid Prime Trilogy is going to be worth more because it had a more limited run and is currently more difficult to get hold of. Shame they're not both new and sealed but despite that they'll still go for a few hundred in 10 or 20 years time. 8)

Offline bealec

« Reply #1461 on: February 03, 2013, 06:20:21 PM »
They'll be worth a good few quid in a few years time, Metroid Prime Trilogy is going to be worth more because it had a more limited run and is currently more difficult to get hold of. Shame they're not both new and sealed but despite that they'll still go for a few hundred in 10 or 20 years time. 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #1462 on: February 04, 2013, 08:12:33 AM »
Theres tons of Wii games that sold nowhere near the amount that MPT did... I dont think they will be worth anything in 20 years time either LOL - harv talking bollocks again.

Offline Late

« Reply #1463 on: February 04, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »
Nice to hear he paid for a game though.

They'll all be worth loads of money in 20 years time, Harv - buy more!
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1464 on: February 04, 2013, 12:11:21 PM »
Theres tons of Wii games that sold nowhere near the amount that MPT did... I dont think they will be worth anything in 20 years time either LOL - harv talking bollocks again.

It isn't how many they sold that's important, it's how many they manufactured. It was a limited run. They didn't make that many. Same with Xenoblade Chronicles. Shame I didn't manage to get hold of a Collector's Edition of The Metroid Prime Trilogy, they're already going for around a hundred quid.

Offline jman

« Reply #1465 on: February 05, 2013, 11:55:56 AM »
Scribblenauts Unlimited delayed 3 days before release on the Wii U - Could it be.. Warner Bros - the bastion of 3rd party developers has fucked something up ??  ;D

Never mind, still got your gimped definitive version of Fifa to play eh harv  ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #1466 on: February 05, 2013, 12:56:13 PM »
I used to love it when that happened at Eidos lol. Someone probably found a 100% Class A at the last minute, or fixing one Class A probably spawned a few more. Means that QA staff are guaranteed a shitload of overtime, possibly running into the early hours of the morning and involving free pizza lol ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #1467 on: February 06, 2013, 02:12:20 PM »
Anyone who's buying Dead Space 3 should consider declining title updates and playing offline for a while...

EA have once again angered a lot of people with their money-grabbing shenanigans - by allowing the purchase of in-game currency via micro-transaction. (There's also a mind-boggling eleven pieces of day one DLC you can purchase!) They failed to realise there's a spot in the game where you can grab a handful of currency over and over again, for free.
They'll almost certainly rectify that in their first patch, so I'm sure a lot of folk will prefer to play Dead Space 3 offline, grab plenty of resources and then update to play co-op with all their shiny new gear...

dealspwn

Offline harv

« Reply #1468 on: February 06, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »
11 pieces of day one DLC..? Bloody hell, they're really starting to take the piss now. I'm boycotting Dead Space 3 myself because it's turning into even more of an action horror game than the first two were. The first two games were great but weren't survival horror games for my money, and being on your own and having that sense of isolation was one of the best features of the game. Shame Dead Space 3 won't have the same thing. >:(

Offline jman

« Reply #1469 on: February 07, 2013, 08:05:18 AM »
The first two games were great but weren't survival horror games for my money

Did you actually play either of them - they are both great old school survival horror games.

But then again, you think ZombiU is a survival horror - thats about as much survival horror as a game like Bioshock is.