https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662789 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1470 on: February 07, 2013, 09:21:44 AM »
Mmmmmmm, Bioshock.
Got me drooling at the prospect of Bioshock Infinite again, now...
Not long to go.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1471 on: February 07, 2013, 09:30:07 AM »
Sim City, Gears of War Judgement, Army of Two:TDC and Bioshock Inifinte - all March releases... me has no monies  :'(

Offline Late

« Reply #1472 on: February 07, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
Not too fussed about Gears 4 (will probably get it at some point) and not interested in Army of Two - so not too bad for me.
March was looking pretty expensive until GTA:V was pushed back to September. (I believe it was originally "Spring 2013", with no month specified, but rumours were rife it'd be March.)

A few months back Sony lowered year 1 projected sales for the Vita from 16m units down to 10m. They've now lowered it again, to just 7m.
Dayum!
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1473 on: February 07, 2013, 11:39:04 AM »
Im mainly buying AoT for the coop splitscreen - I would put it in my top 3 shooters in terms of coop splitscreen playability.  Gears 4 is great in single, multi and coop - so thats a definite.  Sim City - Im just going to rape that game for hours on end and Bioshock is one of the best single player shooters around.

Think Im going to sell Far Cry 3 and Dishonored to help pay for them 4.. actually have to finish Dishonored first though :-\  Still got 5 more levels (about 3 hours gameplay) on Forza 3 to do before I can start anything new.

Offline Late

« Reply #1474 on: February 07, 2013, 04:15:40 PM »

Offline harv

« Reply #1475 on: February 07, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »
The first two games were great but weren't survival horror games for my money

Did you actually play either of them - they are both great old school survival horror games.

But then again, you think ZombiU is a survival horror - thats about as much survival horror as a game like Bioshock is.

Yes, of course I've played them both. Dead Space 1 and 2 are too easy, a survival horror game needs to be challenging even on the default difficulty level. And they weren't.

And of course ZombiU is a survival horror game, in fact it's better than that it's an old-school survival horror game...easily on a par with the first 2 Resident Evil games in terms of lack of resources, atmosphere, scares, moments of sheer panic and having even a single zombie being a threat to your life. It's the first proper survival horror game released in years. Capcom really need to take note and re-educate themselves on how to create a survival horror game again.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #1476 on: February 07, 2013, 06:41:57 PM »
Wii U "exclusives" Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge and Rayman Legends have both defected and announced they're going multiplatform.
The former will be released in April and will include all dlc plus some extra missions (but will still be crap). The latter will be launched simultaneously as the u version - which has been pushed back from February to September.
Pretty damning that publishers are abandoning the U this soon, but understandable if it's the only way they can make any money.
Fingers crossed for Lego City Undercover to follow suit...

Offline harv

« Reply #1477 on: February 07, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »
A strange decision by Ubisoft tbh, that means they're going to have to change the gameplay to suit traditional controllers and turn it from a 2D platformer with unique gameplay features into a bog standard 2D platformer. They'll also need to scale it down to run on the weaker hardware. Around 20% of the game is centered around the use of the GamePad apparently.

The reactions on a few forums and Miiverse isn't too good for Ubisoft, plenty of people are going to be boycotting it by the looks of things.

I don't have a problem with it going multiplatform myself, but removing the GamePad features and turning it into a bog standard platformer isn't good. Am still getting it though, I've had it pre-ordered for a bargain £19.99 since November last year lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1478 on: February 07, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/xbox-720-games-will-require-online-connection

More rumours that the Nextbox will require a constant internet connection. Wouldn't affect me that much, but I could see them losing a lot of customers if they go down this route.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/07/ouya-android-game-console-to-get-annual-hardware-updates-founder-says

Apparently there'll be a new OUYA console every year... Going off the idea of this now... Think the Steam Box will be much more successful.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1479 on: February 08, 2013, 01:07:29 AM »

Did you actually play either of them - they are both great old school survival horror games.

But then again, you think ZombiU is a survival horror - thats about as much survival horror as a game like Bioshock is.

Yes, of course I've played them both. Dead Space 1 and 2 are too easy, a survival horror game needs to be challenging even on the default difficulty level. And they weren't.

And of course ZombiU is a survival horror game, in fact it's better than that it's an old-school survival horror game...easily on a par with the first 2 Resident Evil games in terms of lack of resources, atmosphere, scares, moments of sheer panic and having even a single zombie being a threat to your life. It's the first proper survival horror game released in years. Capcom really need to take note and re-educate themselves on how to create a survival horror game again.

Seriously, dig out your copy of Dead Space 2 and go for the "Hard to the Core" trophy, and then tell me it's too easy...3 saves, tough enemies and limited ammunition. It's survival horror at it's very finest.

Offline harv

« Reply #1480 on: February 08, 2013, 01:49:59 AM »

Seriously, dig out your copy of Dead Space 2 and go for the "Hard to the Core" trophy, and then tell me it's too easy...3 saves, tough enemies and limited ammunition. It's survival horror at it's very finest.

The game should be like that on the default difficulty level.

Offline jman

« Reply #1481 on: February 08, 2013, 07:41:40 AM »
Says the guy who had to turn off cross-hairs on ZombiU  ::)

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/xbox-720-games-will-require-online-connection

More rumours that the Nextbox will require a constant internet connection. Wouldn't affect me that much, but I could see them losing a lot of customers if they go down this route.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/07/ouya-android-game-console-to-get-annual-hardware-updates-founder-says

Apparently there'll be a new OUYA console every year... Going off the idea of this now... Think the Steam Box will be much more successful.

Doubt microsoft will go down that route, especially if sony aren't ... same rumours have been flying around for months - for both consoles.

The OUYA console isn't a console.. its just a glorified android gaming phone - Im certainly not getting one.. but then I never was.  Steam Box needs to be priced at a low level to be successful.. personally I think its a load of old guff.. why would I want a pc as a console.. I buy a console because of the awesome games.. which aren't on the pc lol.

Offline jman

« Reply #1482 on: February 08, 2013, 08:16:24 AM »
A strange decision by Ubisoft tbh, that means they're going to have to change the gameplay to suit traditional controllers and turn it from a 2D platformer with unique gameplay features into a bog standard 2D platformer. They'll also need to scale it down to run on the weaker hardware. Around 20% of the game is centered around the use of the GamePad apparently.

Is it a strange business decision though - they will surely sell more copies on the 360/PS3 than they will while the Wii U is severely struggling in sales.  The Wii U version is obviously finished.. but because the hardware hasn't sold nowhere near enough, Ubisoft want to wait until the sales pick up.. knowing that they will likely lose money on the project anyway they have decided to create 360/PS3 versions in the bid to stem the loss.  To me, it sounds like a normal and quite sane business decision.  :o  Guess you were totally wrong when you said Ubisoft were happy with the sales of ZombiU and AC3 - but thats no suprise  ;D

The reactions on a few forums and Miiverse isn't too good for Ubisoft, plenty of people are going to be boycotting it by the looks of things.

A couple of nerds.. who have bought a Wii U because its made by nintendo instead of caring about playing great games.. its not like Ubisoft have cancelled the Wii U project - I really doubt the loss of these sales is going to affect anyone apart from the nerds themselves.

I don't have a problem with it going multiplatform myself, but removing the GamePad features and turning it into a bog standard platformer isn't good. Am still getting it though, I've had it pre-ordered for a bargain £19.99 since November last year lol ;D

Why isn't it good.. it isn't good for nintendo - no... its great for non-nintendo gamers and Ubisoft surely.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:21:58 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #1483 on: February 08, 2013, 12:05:28 PM »
It is a strange decision when you consider that GTA V and Wind Waker HD are going to be released at the same time. September is a busy launch period for high profile games. It's going to bomb. Hard. :'(

Offline jman

« Reply #1484 on: February 08, 2013, 01:37:45 PM »
You knew this was coming harv but...

Ubisoft are miles more successful than any of those I've named above.

How are they so successful with these strange decisions ? lol

Rayman was going to bomb anyway... look at "the definitive version" (lol) of AC3 on the Wii U - 150k units.. even the PSV has managed to shift over 600k copies.. and we all know what a catastrophe in sales the PSV is - the funny thing is, the Wii U is only just managing to stay ahead of it in terms of sales this year.

You are so deluded and blinded by nintendo, its actually funny that you'd make yourself look stupid trying to defend them for ALL their failings ;D