https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663090 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1485 on: February 08, 2013, 04:33:21 PM »
It's actually sold more than that if you include digital sales. ;)

They've probably made a profit on that already, and would have made a fair amount of profit from ZombiU sales too, has done over 500K I reckon.

One thing's for sure, this is a MAJOR PR disaster for Ubisoft. They need to do some major damage control, fast...even if theyghave to cancel the 360 SKU so that they can release the U SKU this month to do it.

I know a few people that bought a Wii U specifically to be able to play this game, despite rumours that it was only going to be a timed exclusive.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1486 on: February 08, 2013, 09:13:39 PM »
Lol, Ubisoft have now announced a new exclusive demo for Rayman Legends for the Wii U...as if that's going to calm anyone down lmfao ;D ;D ;D

You couldn't make it up lol :o :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #1487 on: February 08, 2013, 09:23:24 PM »
One thing's for sure, this is a MAJOR PR disaster for Ubisoft. They need to do some major damage control, fast...even if theyghave to cancel the 360 SKU so that they can release the U SKU this month to do it.

The only people it's a disaster for are Nintendo and those mugs who bought a U.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1488 on: February 08, 2013, 10:47:22 PM »
It's actually sold more than that if you include digital sales. ;)

They've probably made a profit on that already, and would have made a fair amount of profit from ZombiU sales too, has done over 500K I reckon.

I love the way Harv always tries to spin a blatant negative into some flimsy positive....It hasn't sold well? Let's just try and make it look good because it exceeded Nintendo's pitifully low expectations, and made a slight profit in the process.

Assassins Creed 3 was never going to be "the definitive version" on the U...It sold 12M copies...and Nintendo's contribution to that was less than 1% LOL

Offline harv

« Reply #1489 on: February 09, 2013, 08:53:38 PM »
What are you talking about Nintendo's expectations for..? Assassin's Creed III and ZombiU are both Ubisoft titles :-\

I'm surprised the likes of IGN or Eurogamer haven't started to interview Ubisoft shareholders yet, they can't be too happy with the bad publicity this Nerd-Rage is causing. The U Play community is now in the WaraWara Plaza popping up anti-Ubisoft messages randomly now lol. And apparently their Facebook page is taking a hammering. :o

Perhaps they're doing this on purpose just to generate hype for Rayman Legends and will go back to releasing it this month at the last minute lol. Could be the best viral marketing scheme ever :o ;D

That's the only way they can repair the damage this is doing. I think the news of the exclusive new demo was the final straw for a lot of people lol. Whoever thought that would be a good way to calm down the Nerd-Rage rather than escalating it should be getting the sack lol. unbelievable. ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #1490 on: February 09, 2013, 11:33:21 PM »
Are you trolling?

As most normal folk would expect, UbiSoft shares rose by around ten percent in the couple of days since announcing they're going multiplatform rather than supporting the U.
Oooh, how can Ubi recover from this?
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1491 on: February 10, 2013, 04:52:19 AM »
Just wait, this nerd-rage has only just started. ;)

Offline styles

« Reply #1492 on: February 10, 2013, 11:49:42 AM »
What are you talking about Nintendo's expectations for..? Assassin's Creed III and ZombiU are both Ubisoft titles :-\

I'm surprised the likes of IGN or Eurogamer haven't started to interview Ubisoft shareholders yet, they can't be too happy with the bad publicity this Nerd-Rage is causing. The U Play community is now in the WaraWara Plaza popping up anti-Ubisoft messages randomly now lol. And apparently their Facebook page is taking a hammering. :o

Perhaps they're doing this on purpose just to generate hype for Rayman Legends and will go back to releasing it this month at the last minute lol. Could be the best viral marketing scheme ever :o ;D

That's the only way they can repair the damage this is doing. I think the news of the exclusive new demo was the final straw for a lot of people lol. Whoever thought that would be a good way to calm down the Nerd-Rage rather than escalating it should be getting the sack lol. unbelievable. ;D

This is hilarious. The real world simply doesn't exist for you does it.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline styles

« Reply #1493 on: February 10, 2013, 11:50:51 AM »
Level 55 again, to prestige or not, that is the question. Seriously though, is there any point at all?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #1494 on: February 10, 2013, 12:45:21 PM »
Depend on whether you'll carry on playing if you don't prestige.
The only other benefits are a badge and bragging rights, which are worth nothing - I keep prestiging to keep interest in the multiplayer. That said I've not played for a while - been playing lots of zombie mode until about three days ago, them cracked out AC3.

Offline styles

« Reply #1495 on: February 10, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »
Yeah exactly, there's no real benefit to prestiging apart from bragging rights

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #1496 on: February 11, 2013, 07:46:15 AM »
Started Lego Pirates at weekend, seems quite basic in comparison to some lego games... only finished the first film, so plenty to do still.. I cant play it for long hours like I used to though - the gameplay just gets boring after a while... I think I got to the end of one of the levels and it glitched and meant I couldnt finish the level.. nothing more annoying than that.

So I stuck in Dead Island.. its alright, it would be much better if it didnt have respawning enemies... I think thats probably my worst bug-bear with any game these days... the quests are repetitive, but there is some enjoyment to be had from them - I'll get properly narked off with the respawning after a while though.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1497 on: February 11, 2013, 02:57:11 PM »
Finished the main story on Sleeping Dogs... wow... it's probably the biggest surprise I've had from a game in a long time. If GTA IV had been this good people would have been singing its praises.

The missions are nice and varied unlike the first True Crime (I gather this is a spiritual successor kind of game) and the voice acting is top draw. It's one of the few games where I actually want to finish it 100% i.e. go around and finish off races and gather the collectibles. I might even download the DLC once I'm done with that! (even if I disagree with releasing new missions via DLC, why not just put them in the game?)

If you like open-world action games and you haven't got Sleeping Dogs - get it NOW! Best £17 I've ever spent.  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #1498 on: February 11, 2013, 05:53:27 PM »
Looks like I may be right about Tiger Woods and Nintendo's patent being the cause of the rift between Nintendo and EA, they've announced there isn't going to be a U SKU of Tiger Woods. :o

Offline jman

« Reply #1499 on: February 12, 2013, 08:11:53 AM »
lol.. now I know your on a wind-up..  ;D

No-one wants to touch the Wii U with a ten-foot barge pole - theres only one reason.. they would LOSE money.... hardware sales are struggling and anyone buying a Wii U is just buying the 1st party games... thats the long and short of it...

Software Sales - UK - Month of January
"According to a CVG report, the Wii U sold approximately 34,000 games, or 1.6% of total game sales."

To put that in perspective.. the Wii U sold less software in the UK in the month of January than the Vita did.

You'd be better off selling your Wii U now before nintendo do an inevitable price cut, then at least you'll have the money ready to get a 720/PS4... provided you dont gamble it all away on "red hot tipsters" that is  ;D