https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662724 times)

Offline bealec

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1515 on: February 13, 2013, 12:49:38 PM »
How are those shares In Eidos doing? You know the ones Harv said to buy.

Offline Late

« Reply #1516 on: February 13, 2013, 02:05:36 PM »
They delisted a while back, and are now wholly owned by Square Enix - who are also on the move (but not in quite the same direction):

Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #1517 on: February 13, 2013, 03:57:12 PM »
The DLC for Skyrim is finally released this week on the ps3.
By way of apology for the delay, it'll be half price for one week only.

Dragonborn is released today, and will be only £6.49.
The other two DLC releases will be next week and the week after (and again will be half price - though nobody's certain yet what the price is).

So if you're planning on getting these it's definitely worth considering getting them early as you'll save quite a bit.

sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Rumour has it they're reduced on xbox next week, too. I haven't bought any of the packs, so might have to think about it next week if that's true. Absolutely loved the game and sunk loads of hours into it, but I didn't actually complete all of the quests - so if I wanted to go back to the game there's loads I could do without forking out for dlc.
Decisions, decisions...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1518 on: February 13, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »
How are those shares In Eidos doing? You know the ones Harv said to buy.

You would have made a profit if you had bought them when I said, just not as much profit as I thought. ;)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1519 on: February 13, 2013, 10:48:21 PM »
Just seen this in someone's signature lol:

Awesome lololol ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #1520 on: February 14, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »
After Tank!Tank!Tank! surprisingly flopped in Japan they've now released a F2P model, have just given it a go and it's actually quite good fun. Definitely one for local multiplayer, think I might fork out for the rest of the game. Quite like the use of the GamePad camera and superimposing army helmets and stuff on top of your face lol, definitely one to play with the kids if you have any.

Another Nintendo Direct today and the 3DS is going into overdrive. 2013 is The Year Of Luigi - Luigi's Mansion 2 has online co-op, there's a new Mario and Luigi RPG, DLC for NSMB U which turns NSMB U into NSL U, Mario Golf for the 3DS, Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 for the 3DS and Mario and Luigi Dream Team for the 3DS. Also a shitload of DLC for Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing heading to the US and Europe soon.

There's also Castlevania on the way for the 3DS too.

Bloomin 'eck, the 3DS had a decent start, flagged in sales during its launch window but now is selling insane amounts...can't wait for Nintendo to start Panic Mode for the Wii U in 6 months lol ;D :P ;D

Also found out that the 3DS Lego City is a prequel, with the lead character being a rookie cop. Am going to double dip on that as well as Monster Hunter 3G. 8)

Offline styles

« Reply #1521 on: February 15, 2013, 09:58:52 AM »
Just seen this in someone's signature lol:

Awesome lololol ;D ;D ;D

So you're telling us you like purple headed monsters.

No surprise there then.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #1522 on: February 15, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
pmsl

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1523 on: February 15, 2013, 03:29:14 PM »
Strong rumours this is what the PS4 controller will look like;

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3597730960981

I quite like it.

Offline harv

« Reply #1524 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:47 PM »
Strong rumours this is what the PS4 controller will look like;

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3597730960981

I quite like it.

A drunk Australian who's just crashed a car..? don't get it lol ;D

It's going to look like a Dualshock with a touchscreen duct-taped to it. It's unclear whether the touchscreen is on the top of the controller, bottom of the controller or one in each position going by rumours. It's pretty much going to resemble a Vita I reckon, although I hope they're going to change the sticks because the Vita ones are bloomin horrible. :-\

I'm also hoping they're going to opt for an LCD resistive screen otherwise the controllers are going to cost a small fortune with an LED capacitive one, and you're not going to have any amazing artwork on PS4Verse.

Offline jman

« Reply #1525 on: February 15, 2013, 06:11:18 PM »
Looks hideous, I pray that Microsoft don't go down this touchscreen malarky, it won't improve gameplay in the slightest

Offline harv

« Reply #1526 on: February 15, 2013, 06:51:53 PM »
I didn't see a picture at all, just a video with a drunk Australian. Am I missing something..? :-\

Offline jman

« Reply #1527 on: February 15, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »
Google it

Offline harv

« Reply #1528 on: February 15, 2013, 08:13:52 PM »
Saw it on Eurogamer. Looks bloody terrible, but guess we'll have to wait and see what the final form factor of the controller is like in a few days time. I knew they'd duct-tape one on the thing somewhere lol, they did exactly the same thing with Sixaxis.

Pretty weird though. You'd think if they were going to rip off a feature that they'd attempt to improve on the idea that they're ripping off. Sixaxis was nowhere near as good as the motion controls in the remote and nunchuck, and when they directly cloned the remote and nunchuck to make the Move and Sub controllers they still half-arsed it.

They should have bunged an analog stick on the Move controller and motion sensing for the Sub controller.

I'm continually baffled by some of the strange decisions these designers make when designing hardware - the lack of a second analog stick for the 3DS is another design decision that's surprisingly dim-witted.

Offline Late

« Reply #1529 on: February 15, 2013, 08:28:58 PM »