https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 661145 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1530 on: February 15, 2013, 10:19:53 PM »
Still baffles me lol. Very odd decision, if you're going to add a touchscreen onto a controller you might as well 'do a Nintendo' and add a bloomin great big one, although you'd need to switch the positions of the buttons and analog sticks to do so which might offend fanboys. I can't see a touchscreen that size being any use whatsoever tbh. ???

The rectangular light at the end is also a bit odd because it limits movement - it will be very easy for the camera to lose sight of it. Oh well, looks a lot less ridiculous than a glowing table tennis ball stuck in the same place lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #1531 on: February 18, 2013, 08:20:39 AM »
Probably up to about 10 hours through Dead Island now.. think that qualifies in having a pretty good opinion on how the game is faring...

The main game is a great idea, a sprawling sandboxed zombie RPG with some satisfying combat, a looting system akin to Borderlands and 4 player online coop would be excellent... but for everything the game does right, its spoilt by some pretty major negatives...

1.  Flimsy story - there isnt even a story really.. apart from escape.  This game would of been a ton better if it had objectives/missions you cared about.

2.  Respawning Zombies - in some places this is acceptable in parts.. but the same zombies respawn in the same positions every time - and I've done a fair bit of backtracking already.

3.  Repetitive Missions - there are no real variants on the Fetch/Go/Kill missions - doesnt kill the game but makes long sessions a bit boring.

Also the few cut-scenes the game has are all pretty crap, the graphics aren't great but OK, the voice acting is pretty bad.

So far its an averagey 75/100 for me - glad I got it though.

Offline jman

« Reply #1532 on: February 18, 2013, 08:49:46 AM »
Oh well, tried to start a new topic on PS4 as there will be shit loads of news this week.... why is this forum so retarded??

Offline Late

« Reply #1533 on: February 18, 2013, 09:22:16 AM »
They don't make it easy for us. At least you opened the thread a couple days early. Would've been frustrating to make a new invisible locked thread on the 20th...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1534 on: February 18, 2013, 11:33:36 AM »
Rumours are continuing that the 720 will have always online connectivity and won't play used games due to a code system where you get a code in the box and have to enter it to play the game. Could be a dealbreaker for a fair few people. Going to be interesting to see if Sony decide to do a similar thing with the PS4.

Both platform holders must be mad if they decide to do this. :o :-\ ??? :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #1535 on: February 18, 2013, 12:21:48 PM »
They don't make it easy for us. At least you opened the thread a couple days early. Would've been frustrating to make a new invisible locked thread on the 20th...

I'd create a thread to ask why they do this, but it'd just sit there awaiting approval lol.  To be honest, I know why they do it.. its a lazy spam bot blocking method.... which kinda works... but you get this problem too - like using a bazooka to kill a fly... and sometimes it doesnt even kill the fly  ???

Offline bealec

« Reply #1536 on: February 18, 2013, 12:28:28 PM »
Rumours are continuing that the 720 will have always online connectivity and won't play used games due to a code system where you get a code in the box and have to enter it to play the game. Could be a dealbreaker for a fair few people. Going to be interesting to see if Sony decide to do a similar thing with the PS4.

Both platform holders must be mad if they decide to do this. :o :-\ ??? :o

If Microsoft do that then I'd probably get a PS4. If they both do it I would get a 720...I'd never get a U.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1537 on: February 18, 2013, 02:31:37 PM »
Finally finished Mass Effect 2...47th Platinum now...Definitely got sick of the game in the end though.

Insanity mode is pure bullshit, probably the worst, highest difficulty level of a game I've played since World at War...There's definitely a difference between challenging and just pulling out every cheap trick to stop the player (bollocks 1 hit deaths and enemies popping up behind you, being the main culprits).

I also had to speed run a 3rd playthrough because the Long Service Medal trophy didn't unlock, even though I had already beaten the game twice with the same character  ::)

I did plan to move onto Mass Effect 3 straight away, but I think i'll violently vomit if I as much as look at the box right at this moment...I planned to get Mass Effect 1 at some point, but I heard it's quite shit to play retrospectively because it's such a step down from 2 and 3.

Offline harv

« Reply #1538 on: February 18, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »
The latest rumour about the PS4 is that Sony are going to sell it over here for £300 :o bloody hell, that's going to fly off shelves if that's the case!!! They'll be making a huge loss on each unit sold doing that. I was expecting a minimum of £400 for both the PS4 and 720, and they would still be making a loss on each unit sold. Buggering flip :o

Offline harv

« Reply #1539 on: February 18, 2013, 05:48:59 PM »
And I'm thoroughly ashamed of myself. After being stuck in the Arena in ZombiU for ages I had to turn aim-assist and crosshairs back on to complete that level. :-[ It's bloody difficult even with those turned on, without them it's practically impossible lol. You basically get clonked over the head, lose all your gear and face riot police, explosive zombies and normal bog standard zombies armed with just a pistol to begin with, and you get a flair and mines as you progress. It's bloomin challenging! :o

Have turned them both off again now though. Definitely in my list of favourite games ever, Capcom need to play this and take notes. This is the first game in years where even one zombie is a threat to your life. The stress and tension experienced in this game is sublime. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #1540 on: February 18, 2013, 07:53:48 PM »
Buggering flip, have just read an article about Lego City Undercover and the city is bloomin huuuuuuge. Takes 10 minutes to loop around it. :o
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:56:01 PM by harv »

Offline jman

« Reply #1541 on: February 19, 2013, 10:46:58 AM »
Dunno if anyone saw, but Destiny was announced yesterday - Link

Its the new collaboration between Bungie and Activision - to be honest, it sounds shit hot.. its a game that should last around 10 years apparently.. so basically it will be the WOW equivalent of a shooter but on a console - there will be no nintendo or pc version made..no release this year, so it will be a next gen game and it will be absolutely massive.  I watched the first Vidoc yesterday and it looked pretty impressive

Offline bealec

« Reply #1542 on: February 19, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »
It sounds amazing but if I got it my girlfriend would dump me and she does the cooking....oh well I guess that's what takeaways are for.

Offline jman

« Reply #1543 on: February 19, 2013, 05:17:08 PM »
Majorly fucked off with Dead Island now..

...was playing last night and it crashed as I reached a checkpoint.. nothing I could do but turn the machine off - didnt think much about it at the time, but today I've come to play and I cant even see my saved game - so Im guessing its corrupted

Looks to be a pretty common issue with save corruption across all SKUs - with glitches causing it and also by the looks of it - random crashes.....fucking stupid that the game only gives you one save slot and assigns the auto-save to it aswell - Im quite good at using multiple save slots when given the chance - so this has pissed me off no-end.

There is a saving grace where you can use Chapter Select - would mean I'd only lose about 3-5 hours in-game (instead of 15-20), but all my weapons, mods and other items have gone and all my cash - it beats starting all over again.. but I really dont know if I can be bothered now..  what a way to spoil a game.

Offline Late

« Reply #1544 on: February 19, 2013, 06:27:21 PM »
Worth backing up saves to memory card mid-chapter?
Probably too much of an arse on, but the option's there if you can be bothered with replaying and going through the menus.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...