https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662786 times)

Offline ancelotti

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1575 on: February 27, 2013, 08:32:08 PM »
Think I might pick that up, Jman. Love the sound of a tough JRPG.  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #1576 on: February 27, 2013, 09:58:22 PM »
Resident Evil 5 is pants, Revelations will be a better game by far, although there'll probably be too much ammo around if the 3DS SKU is anything to go by. Thankfully they're unlocking the hardest difficulty level from the start. You need to complete the game on the 3DS SKU first before it gets unlocked and It's more like a traditional survival horror game. I'm going to double dip on this because they're changing the level designs.

You'll all enjoy RAID Mode too, it's awesome. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #1577 on: February 28, 2013, 01:48:28 AM »
Seen an ad for a new metal gear solid game today. Nice!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #1578 on: February 28, 2013, 03:38:30 AM »
Not sure if I've posted this but here's a new Lego City Undercover trailer. Instant Win with a topping of Awesome Sauce. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #1579 on: February 28, 2013, 07:57:56 AM »

You've been warned  :P 

Its probably not the hardest JRPG ever, but the learning curve is very very steep... if you keep with it you'll find one most intriguing and unique JRPGs to date...  I picked it up for £8ish for a like new copy on ebay. 

Offline Late

« Reply #1580 on: February 28, 2013, 11:52:41 AM »
EA To Stuff Microtransactions Into ALL Of Their Games Going Forward.

Worrying. That's a trend that's been quite apparent in recent years, but EA are being completely brazen about it now.

Hope all of SimCity's features are available "out of the box", Kieron. Wouldn't be surprised if there's quite a bit missing, that you need to pay extra for, when it comes to EA.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #1581 on: February 28, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »
Through playing Sonic with my son I have come to the conclusion that the nun chuck is the worst controller of all time. From the way that the pad at the bottom is an octagon instead of round to the fact that it never goes the way you want it to. It's just awful.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:11:03 PM by bealec »

Offline jman

« Reply #1582 on: February 28, 2013, 07:12:49 PM »

You've been warned  :P 

Its probably not the hardest JRPG ever, but the learning curve is very very steep... if you keep with it you'll find one most intriguing and unique JRPGs to date...  I picked it up for £8ish for a like new copy on ebay.

Been playing it like crazy today, I think I can say I've mastered the battle system now.. probably took me a lot longer than it should, but my defiance to not go back to the training arena was finally worn down.. and I realised I'd been playing like a n00b for the past 10 hours... I've blasted through chapters 5, 6 and 7 today.. and Im hooked.  The story is fairly nondescript so far, in fact its only in the last few chapters I've actually seen any of what you would call the main plot and its told by flashbacks at the end of each chapter... but I have chuckled quite a few times at some of the cut-scenes, in fact, the dialogue is brilliant - some of the best... and some of the characters are brilliant too.. theres a mentally challenged Cardinal called Master Pater (lol) who is just hilarious.

I thought the battles were getting easier earlier after I mastered the system.. but the difficulty is rising all the time and some of the battles are a real challenge.   The only thing I dont particularly like about the game is that you have to customize your weapons regularly and its a chore and I havent quite fully understood how all the parts fit together on the guns... I will probably have to read a bit more about it online as it does make a big difference.  I love the world map system, its brilliant, the only thing I would change is the time it takes to get from one level to another as it does become a chore going from a lower level to one of the higher levels to pick up a quest which sends you back down to lower levels.. using elevators are quick and easy but you have to use the core lifts quite a bit and they take too long imo.

Definitely recommend it.. I dont think its as good as Lost Odyssey but I think I prefer RoF to Blue Dragon... its so different it feels refreshing.. so glad I picked this title up.

Edit - a good professional review here.. like it says - if you like RPGs and can stick with this game - it gets a 9/10.. otherwise its a 7/10 because of the inaccessibility of it.  I literally cannot wait to dive back into the game.. I havent been this hooked on a JRPG since Lost Odyssey/Blue Dragon - Im going to do some weapon customization tonight - I really need to sit down and work out what Im doing with all that before I continue on.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:53:12 AM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #1583 on: March 01, 2013, 07:57:11 AM »
EA To Stuff Microtransactions Into ALL Of Their Games Going Forward.

Worrying. That's a trend that's been quite apparent in recent years, but EA are being completely brazen about it now.

Hope all of SimCity's features are available "out of the box", Kieron. Wouldn't be surprised if there's quite a bit missing, that you need to pay extra for, when it comes to EA.

Nah.. SimCity will be free to play out of the box..  it will have a optional simcity store.. just like the sims has a store.. but that will be ignored by me.. I dont do these microtransactions.. I rarely buy DLC unless I love a game.  The only reason EA are going forward with stuffing microtransactions in games.. is because they are profitable.. people whinge and moan about it but they wouldnt be there if people didnt buy them... Fifa Ultimate Team is highly successful and yet its just a system built on microtransactions.

Offline jman

« Reply #1584 on: March 01, 2013, 09:24:24 PM »
Uh oh, seen a few rrods on my 360 in the past week, turning the 360 on and off seems to fix it but looking online suggests a DVD drive failure, e64 error with red light bottom right  :'( fingers crossed it survives until next gen

Offline harv

« Reply #1585 on: March 01, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »
Well we're only 9 months away from the release of the PS4 and 720 so you might be okay. You could always get a Wii U in the meantime :P

Am on the last bit of ZombiU, and was pretty scared playing it last night lol. Absolutely fantastic game design, got killed though which is a real bitch!!! :o ;D Not am I going to have to kill the zombies that killed me, I'm also going to have to kill my former zombiefied self with 6 bullets and a cricket bat lol ;D

Hopefully I'm going to be able to pop into other areas and stock up on gear, otherwise I'm buggered lol. When entering the final stage of the game there are only three manholes you can use, two in Buckingham Palace and one in your safehouse. This is going to be very difficult to complete I think.

Offline Late

« Reply #1586 on: March 01, 2013, 11:07:01 PM »
Hopefully you'll be okay for a fair while, but Game have been knocking out old second hand xboxes for cheap this week (core £20, premium £56) if you want a spare one on stand by.
In fact Game have had quite a few good deals lately. Just like they did for a month or two before they went bust last year. Which is a bit ominous. More likely I'm putting two and two together and getting five, though. (Which isn't a good thing for an accountant, tbh!)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1587 on: March 01, 2013, 11:59:17 PM »
I can't quite believe it's happening again, already on my 6th one, rrod three times in last 2 days now

Offline harv

« Reply #1588 on: March 02, 2013, 03:01:37 AM »
Haven't you gone through 2 or 3 of them already..? Or was that late..? I can't remember. :-\

I can see the PS4 having problems this gen given they've opted for GDDR5 and a 1.8TFlop GPU. The 720 should run a lot cooler with Microsoft going for a similar RAM setup to the Wii U and a GPU pushing 1.1TFlops. I prefer Sony's IPs though so I'll probably wait a while for the inevitable price cut and Slim SKU before I get another current gen console I think. By that time they should have ironed out any overheating issues.

Offline harv

« Reply #1589 on: March 02, 2013, 03:09:42 AM »
Tried continuing my playthrough of ZombiU earlier and this game really is punishing when you cock up. Thought there 3 shortcuts still available but they're not...which means I'm going to have to walk from Shadwell to Buckingham Palace, and the route is littered with undead. This is very much an old school game, games don't get more hardcore than this, can't wait to finish it and try Survivor difficulty, you have to complete the game using just 1 survivor. :o Awesome 8)