https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662907 times)

Offline bealec

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
I started Crackdown 2 and enjoying it.. probably not as much as the 1st one.. but I do like the addition of the freaks/zombie type things... shame they use the same map, same gameplay, same objectives... feels like I've played this game already!!  But I enjoyed the 1st one anyway and only paid £4 for the 2nd one.. so good value.  Also received Band Hero in the post today.. thats #100 in my collection now  :D

I played Crackdown 1 I liked the game but not the story. The ending was not done well. The Voiceover guy says "Haha it was us who set up these gangs so people would let us create super soldiers muahaha." and so I thought great now I get to take them down now but no it just ends.

theegr8mightyp00

« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »
Anyone here with at least a 2 kd on cod that wants to play on the box or station?

Got Battlefield 3 for Xbox..... prefer it over COD

Actually I do and oddly enough my gamertag is GR8MIGHTYP00.

gldntrmite13

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2012, 08:56:24 PM »
I'll shoot you an invite next time i'm on....

Offline harv

« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2012, 09:40:38 PM »
Good to see some new faces in the Geeks With No Social Life To Speak Of Thread 8) :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline larry

« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2012, 10:41:47 PM »
Ive been getting back into MW3 at the mo, im crap though to be fair but add me if want?

SSB-72 On PS3

Ive also been dipping back into Red Dead Redemption, brilliant game but i keep finding myself falling asleep whilst playing it!!!  ???

gldntrmite13

« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2012, 02:02:01 PM »
Battlefield 3 is the main game i play right now, then Skyrim, if my son bugs me enough i'll play Call of Duty MW3 with him. after that it's sports games.... MLB, FIFA, Madden...... still throw in Fallout from time to time just to shoot up the place... LOL

Offline harv

« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2012, 09:07:55 PM »
Lol, type 'do a barrel roll' (without the quotes) into Google. ;D

Pretty cool 8)

Talking of Fallout, I can't wait for Fallout 4 on the U, having a Pip-Boy in the palm of your hands will be seven kinds of awesome ;D So glad they changed the genre for Fallout 3 onwards, having everything turn-based, including bloody movement, was a major pain in the arse for the first two games. Am still seriously pissed off that the Acquisitions Department at Eidos turned their noses up at Fallout 3...bloody idiots >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

gldntrmite13

« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »
Huge fan of he Fallout game series.... however i'm hoping some of the improvements they showed in Skyrim make their way over to Fallout plus some for the next edition...

Offline jman

« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2012, 08:37:19 AM »
Got a 490GS achievement the other day... think thats the single biggest point achievement I've ever earned... it was for finding all the secret notes on Band Hero.. you also get 5G for finding each one.. so a total of 585GS for simply playing the songs 100%... easy!!

Still enjoying Crackdown 2... although its way too easy...see they couldnt be arsed to fix the crappy targeting system from the first one.. its lousy when you try and lock on to a guy right in front of you pumping you full of shotgun bullets and it locks on to an enemy miles away.... so you try and switch targets and it targets a bloody car instead... or anything that isnt the target you want... annoying you cant switch targets whilst locked on... also having LB as reload is ridiculous.. X should be reload.. instead its change gun.. which should be LB..  so many times I've changed to a rocket launcher and blown myself up because I wanted to reload to shoot the guy in front of me...

Still the orbs are quite addictive to collect.. although I cant see myself collecting them all... just like I couldnt be bothered in the first one... the renegade orbs are seriously stupid..

Offline jman

« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2012, 08:39:02 AM »
Lol, type 'do a barrel roll' (without the quotes) into Google. ;D

Pretty cool 8)

Doesnt work on IE or Android.. gay

Offline Late

« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2012, 12:35:49 PM »
Still the orbs are quite addictive to collect.. although I cant see myself collecting them all... just like I couldnt be bothered in the first one... the renegade orbs are seriously stupid..
As you say, those orbs are bloody addictive.
You'll likely find the majority, but the last few can be a bugger to find - but I recall there's a way to make that easier...

If memory serves, the mini-map shows nearby agility orbs. (Can't remember if it shows all types of orb.) And when you pause/unpause the game the mini-map briefly zooms right out to show the whole map for a fraction of a second... They flash on the screen very briefly but if you're looking at the right spot on your tv as it happens you'll get a good indication of what direction the remaining ones are (and of course that gets more accurate/easy as you get closer).

Have started playing Fortress Craft again lately. For those not familiar with it it's a minecraft rip-off and the biggest selling game on the xbox live indie games market. No real aim to it other than building structures etc. out of blocks, but it's bloody addictive. Nice to see it's still getting lots of support - there's been a few updates since I last played.
My world is, of course, looking totally awesome. Ish.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »
I dont get the obsession with Minecraft... it doesnt look addictive.. it just looks shite lol...

Have you seen the latest DLC for Defence Grid though Late... apparently its features GLADoS from Portal... I was gonna try it out.. and then forgot...

Offline Late

« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2012, 06:04:47 PM »
Will have to have a look at that. Love both so it sounds ideal :D

Speaking of GLADoS, she's the voice on my sat nav.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2012, 07:39:17 AM »
Gonna have to stop playing Crackdown 2... it does give you a feeling of vertigo when your high up and suddenly fall.... my stomach has turned a few times playing that game... but all I was dreaming of last night was bloody falling... and catching those pissin renegade orbs lol  Had a terrible nights sleep... partly due to the fact I have a stinking rotten cold too... so taken today off work and would be back in bed now.. but I have a bloody dentist appointment at 8:45, which I dread to think how much that would cost to cancel.... just what I need though  >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »
Bloody hell, another 'leak' about the U, although this really does seem way too good to be true. An 'insider' has blabbed about the titles in development for the U's eShop:

Nintendo Wii U eShop Titles In Development

Level 5

Professor Layton Chronicles (Level 5)

Activision

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Activision) (Launch)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Acitivsion) (Launch)
World of Warcraft (Activsion) (Launch)

Capcom

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)
Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)

Electronic Arts (EA)

Boom Blox Wii U (EA)
NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)
Burnout: Rush Hour (EA) (Launch)
Shank 2 (EA) (Launch)
Crysis (EA) (Launch)

Gaijan Games

Bit Trip Runner 2 (Gaijan Games) (Launch)

Namco Bandai

Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)
Meteos (Namco Bandai)
Pac-Man Battle Royal (Namco Bandai) (Launch)

Nexon

Dragon Nest (Nexon)

Nintendo

Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch)
Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)
Fluidity: Toxic (Nintendo) (Launch)

Sabarasa

Protocol (Sabarasa) (Launch)

SEGA

Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA)
Renegade Ops 2 (SEGA)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (SEGA) (Launch)

Spicy Horse

Big Head Bash (Spicy Horse) (Launch)

Square Enix

Demon's Score (Square Enix/Epic)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Wii U (Square Enix)

Telltale Games

The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (Launch)

Ubisoft

UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium
Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)
I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)

Valve

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve) (Launch) DotA 2 (Valve)

Too good to be true I think, source of the article is here. If anything I think there are too many titles available on launch day, some of the titles will cannibalise each other imo. :-\

Edit:have just seen that Xbox Live has finally joined the 21st Century and got iPlayer lol. Who would have believed that the Wii would have had one up on the 360 in terms of online features for so long lololol :o :P
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:19:56 PM by harv »