https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662888 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1605 on: March 06, 2013, 08:02:06 AM »
Nearly shit myself last night... playing Resonance of Fate.. played for 2 hours doing a tough boss.. so was up to 42 hours in.. went to save it and the screen went blank (aka - what happened to me in Dead Island and I lost everything).. it finally came around after leaving the console for 10 minutes.. but it was saying all 3 of my saves were corrupt.. so I went to save it in a different slot - Failed.  Changed storage device and tried to save - Failed.. I could play the game.. but couldnt save.. so I had to turn it off in the end.  Luckily I tested it out straight afterwards and I can still load my previous saves... I've lost the 2 hours I put in last night - but at least I havent lost 40 hours.. not quite sure what happened.. prehaps my hard-drive is going up the swanny as well as my dvd drive ?

Offline jman

« Reply #1606 on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »
Bafta Video Game Awards were on last night if anyone realised... Results follow...

Best Game: Dishonored
Online Multiplayer: Journey
Game Design: Journey
Artistic Achievement: Journey
Original Music: Journey
Audio Achievement: Journey
Mobile & Handheld: The Walking Dead
Story: The Walking Dead
Game Innovation: The Unfinished Swan
Debut Game: The Unfinished Swan
Action: Far Cry 3
British Game: The Room
Performer: Danny Wallace - Thomas Was Alone
Family: Lego Batman 2
Strategy: Xcom - Enemy Unknown
Ones to Watch: Kind of a Big Deal - Starcrossed
Online Browser: SongPop
Sports/Fitness: New Star Soccer
Fellowship: Gabe Newell

Not quite sure how Far Cry 3 beats all those great games for Best Action Game and then Dishonored is announced as the Best Game... I guess I really need to give Dishonored another chance - but FC3 for me was easily game of the year.

Offline Late

« Reply #1607 on: March 06, 2013, 09:46:53 AM »
Worrying that I only have two of those (Lego Batman 2, and The Walking Dead).

XCOM, Dishonoured, and Far Cry 3 are on my watch list.

Don't think I'll be playing Journey or The Unfinished Swan any time soon (if memory serves both are ps3 exclusives - but I may be mistaken).
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1608 on: March 06, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »
XCOM and Sleeping Dogs were my games of 2012.

Absolutely hammered the arena in RoF last night. I've noticed new ranks get released every chapter, so trying to keep up with them as it seems the best way to level up. There's a similar thing in Star Ocean 4 called the Colosseum and it took me forever to do as I left it right until the end.

Not sure if you'd like SO4 Jman. It's definitely the weakest in the series. Riddled with cliches and if poor voice acting frustrates you... there's a character called Lymle who will make you want to punch in your telly. Still, the battle system is a lot of fun and it's a fairly solid game. Better than some of the crap this generation (Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant) but not as good as Lost Odyssey. Can't really compare it to RoF yet as I still know so little of the story lol. It really is drip-fed chapter by chapter.

Offline harv

« Reply #1609 on: March 07, 2013, 01:24:40 AM »
Lmfao

"History is our playground in Assassin's Creed," Chin said. "Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is a work of fiction that depicts the real events during the golden era of pirates. We do not condone illegal whaling, just as we don't condone a pirate lifestyle of poor hygiene, plundering, hijacking ships and over-the-legal-limit drunken debauchery.History is our playground in Assassin's Creed," Chin said. "Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is a work of fiction that depicts the real events during the golden era of pirates. We do not condone illegal whaling, just as we don't condone a pirate lifestyle of poor hygiene, plundering, hijacking ships and over-the-legal-limit drunken debauchery."

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:31:07 AM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #1610 on: March 07, 2013, 08:07:37 AM »
Yeah the story in RoF is not that great - but Im not finding it that offputting because the battle system is probably one of my favourite ever... I haven't really done much in the arena because there are so many fights - 30 levels x 10 fights per level = 300 fights which is a LOT.. and I grinded quite a lot in the early part of the game... I've probably only done about 50 of the arena fights and Im just starting the last chapter so I might actually go back there and do some more to level up before continuing.  Are you changing guns/equipment around regularly to level up evenly ??  Im on about level 75 for each of the characters - but I didnt realise to do this until about chapter 5 or 6.

Customizing your guns makes a huge difference, dont know if you have bothered doing that yet, probably not worth it until you reach Cranktown which opens up more of the gun attachments.... but I spent at least an hour just doing that last night... you'll find the key to a powerful weapon is increasing your acceleration speed as much as possible without sacrificing your main speed which means having lots of barrels/scopes on your gun, I think I have a gun with 120 speed, and 43 acceleration and it means I can get more powerful shots off which are more capable of gauge breaking - which you'll find important in the later chapters.. although I really need to hunt out some material to make some of the better attachments for the guns as I have a lot of empty space still.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:09:12 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #1611 on: March 07, 2013, 08:54:35 PM »
Sod it, have double dipped on Nano Assault Neo and bought the 3DS version from the eShop. More expensive than the Wii U SKU but there's loads more content so I'm okay with that. Uses the buttons to fire in the four directions though, will give it a go and see how it works out...a fair few people have said it works fine but there's always the Pad Pro if I have a problem with it. :D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1612 on: March 07, 2013, 10:50:17 PM »
Yeah the story in RoF is not that great - but Im not finding it that offputting because the battle system is probably one of my favourite ever... I haven't really done much in the arena because there are so many fights - 30 levels x 10 fights per level = 300 fights which is a LOT.. and I grinded quite a lot in the early part of the game... I've probably only done about 50 of the arena fights and Im just starting the last chapter so I might actually go back there and do some more to level up before continuing.  Are you changing guns/equipment around regularly to level up evenly ??  Im on about level 75 for each of the characters - but I didnt realise to do this until about chapter 5 or 6.

Customizing your guns makes a huge difference, dont know if you have bothered doing that yet, probably not worth it until you reach Cranktown which opens up more of the gun attachments.... but I spent at least an hour just doing that last night... you'll find the key to a powerful weapon is increasing your acceleration speed as much as possible without sacrificing your main speed which means having lots of barrels/scopes on your gun, I think I have a gun with 120 speed, and 43 acceleration and it means I can get more powerful shots off which are more capable of gauge breaking - which you'll find important in the later chapters.. although I really need to hunt out some material to make some of the better attachments for the guns as I have a lot of empty space still.

Yeah I've been using the arena to get my team's levels up on the other weapons. Just finished chapter 8 and my levels are 51-50-49, each character is about 20 on their strongest weapon and 15-15 on the other two. The arena is so boring though lol, it's basically the same enemies every time. Just unlocked another 10 ranks and I really can't be arsed to go complete them.

I didn't really bother with customisation until I got to Cranktown TBH! Now I've gone crazy with it lol, have filled up the whole screen pretty much with sights and barrels. Now I'm noticing Zephyr can deal full scratch damage on basically every enemy, and the other two are much better at breaking gauges. TBH, I was finding every battle a walkover for a few chapters now but I've just come across a ridiculously hard enemy. A red hex battle on level 8 where you have to fight 3 huge goliaths on a pretty small battlefield... they're so solid and they've annihilated me 3 times. After the 1st time I put toxicity shields on to deal with their poison attacks but it didn't help one bit! I'm gonna leave that one until I'm a few levels higher. I think I need to get a long scope pro as that seems to increase the charge speed by a crazy amount.

Offline jman

« Reply #1613 on: March 08, 2013, 08:16:54 AM »
Well when you go into a fight from a red hex - you cant use escape hexes or save.. you either defeat the monster or reload....so when you get to Chapter 8.. on level 8 (I think) you'll come across one of those red hexes (its near Freud Remnants) which you might think as an easy fight as most of them are fairly simple up to that point...

I was finding every battle a walkover for a few chapters now but I've just come across a ridiculously hard enemy. A red hex battle on level 8 where you have to fight 3 huge goliaths on a pretty small battlefield... they're so solid and they've annihilated me 3 times.

;) Its insanely hard isnt it... I still havent done it... although last time I tried, I did manage to kill one of the 3 mad goliaths which is no mean feat in itself.. although I havent tried again for about 5 or 6 chapters now.. I also have 3 germproof suits now which completely nullify toxic damage.. so that should stand me in good stead for when I try again..  the thing that is tough is that you cant jump over them without smacking into them... I think if you have one person with medicine & grenade and one with 2xSMG and one with 2xHG.. and just use the medicine character as a target for all 3 of the goliaths.. and get them to keep healing themselves and use the other two to go in behind the goliaths, I think thats the best tactic... you'll need the germproof suits and a higher level first though.

You'll find the rest of the game from Chapter 8 to 16 a walkover though.. in fact, from the point you get that second SMG, the whole game becomes a lot easier which is a shame... I didnt get to play last night.. and probably wont get much time tonight.. so Im still yet to start chapter 16 but from a few reviews I've read, it gets a lot tougher on the last chapter which is good and I guess some of the red hex battles in chapter 15 were a bit tougher than normal while Im thinking about it.. so feels like its getting a bit tougher again.

Offline jman

« Reply #1614 on: March 08, 2013, 10:57:29 AM »
I think EA are having something of a PR disaster with the launch of SimCity.. I myself have lost pretty much all excitement of playing it now hearing of these stories of people still not being able to play it.  The decision to have an always online connection is going to kill this game...Im all for the support of reducing piracy in video games.. but the inability to save your city locally and the reliance on EA servers are game-breakers when they dont work!

Other than the small-city sizes, Im still interested in playing the game.. but I, like many, will be playing on a private server - I dont want to play in a connected world... so I will get absolutely zip from the positives of an always online connection but I'll get all the negatvies of it aswell, even though I dont want to use it.

Offline Late

« Reply #1615 on: March 08, 2013, 02:26:02 PM »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1616 on: March 08, 2013, 03:59:02 PM »
They didnt even release it on the Wii U either.. I mean how wrong can you get it !  :P ;D

Im not expecting my copy on the mat when I go home tonight.. no email from Asda at all.. hmmm - dont think I'll be using them again any time soon if this is the case.

Edit : Oops tell a lie, I just this very minute received an email  :o
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:00:45 PM by jman »

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1617 on: March 08, 2013, 05:27:36 PM »
Just got in, turned my xbox on and decided to have another go at the mad goliaths, beat them with ease.  ;D This time I got Zephyr to jump on the boxes in the middle and just unleash his armour piercing rounds... they do so much damage! Then Vashyron and Leanne ran around the edges throwing smash grenades and healing (only had to heal once tbh when two of them cornered Leanne!)

Just gotta finish off the guild missions then I'm on to chapter 10.

Offline harv

« Reply #1618 on: March 08, 2013, 05:39:29 PM »
Lol, EA have well and truly thrown their toys out of the pram regarding the Wii U but they'll change their tune before the end of the year when it has an installed userbase between 10m and 15m. This disaster with Sim City doesn't surprise me in the slightest, they're one of the worst run publishers in the industry and have been for years, they usually lose money every year. They're probably the least respected publisher in the industry.

Nano Assault Neo EX is awesome, the 3D works well - looks like stuff is going on 2 inches behind the 3DS and your ship appears to be floating a little outside the screen. Am stuck on the last part of the first level though, it's an on-rails Starfox-esque affair and I keep on getting killed before the end. The trouble I have with these sorts of games is that I have difficulty stopping. It's always a case of 'Right! Just ONE more go...' Lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #1619 on: March 08, 2013, 08:13:43 PM »
Yeah, we know - the Wii is fantastic and anyone who doesn't support it is a moron.

Either that, or the vast majority of mankind is right and you're wrong, and the Wii is actually quite shite...