https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663000 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1620 on: March 08, 2013, 09:20:16 PM »
Nothing to do with the Wii U, just pointing out that EA are a badly run company and have zero respect from the rest of the industry. This mess regarding Sim City really isn't a surprise and their policy of having microtransaction-heavy titles next gen is going to bite them on the bum.

EA post heavy losses more often than not and this isn't going to stop anytime soon. Like most publishers EA is run by people completely out of touch with gaming, it's quite surprising that they've managed to keep in business this long tbh.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #1621 on: March 09, 2013, 09:27:45 AM »
Just got in, turned my xbox on and decided to have another go at the mad goliaths, beat them with ease.  ;D This time I got Zephyr to jump on the boxes in the middle and just unleash his armour piercing rounds... they do so much damage! Then Vashyron and Leanne ran around the edges throwing smash grenades and healing (only had to heal once tbh when two of them cornered Leanne!)

Just gotta finish off the guild missions then I'm on to chapter 10.

Did it this morning, didnt even move one of my characters nor use armor piercing rounds.. its well easy when your overpowered... finished all the side missions, just farming some weapon parts and unlocking the whole map before I head into the last area... I have got some sweet gun layouts now

Offline harv

« Reply #1622 on: March 09, 2013, 06:43:51 PM »
News from Edge confirming 720 rumours

Huge mistakes from Microsoft. Always online..? Activation codes meaning no used games..?

Can't believe that both Sony and Microsoft have made some fundamental errors this gen. The choice of RAM by Sony is a mistake which is going to mean that the PS4 is going to be more expensive than the 720 and the fact that the 720 has to be always online and no used games is going to be a dealbreaker for a fair few people.

If Sony had gone for DDR3 and ESRAM/eDRAM and a GPU with slightly less grunt they'd be in a much better position this gen. Microsoft have made the right decisions with their hardware but have seriously fucked up by not allowing used games and having the necessity for having the console connected to the internet.

I can see plenty of people switching their gaming platform of choice to their PCs until Sony drop the price of the PS4 to a sensible level (ie below 400 dollars/pounds).

Like I mentioned before I really can't understand the thinking behind some of these console designs - the PS3 being way too expensive due to hardware choices, the 3DS not having a second slide pad, the Vita being way too expensive due to the hardware choices, the PS4 being too expensive due to hardware choices and the 720 not able to play used games.

The mind truly does boggle. Out of the two I'd say Sony are in a better position because they can always drop the price after a year or 18 months but there's bugger all Microsoft can do. :o
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:45:40 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #1623 on: March 09, 2013, 06:49:49 PM »
Aw bollocks, didn't notice the date, some twat was necroposting on Gaf lol. :-[

Offline jman

« Reply #1624 on: March 09, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »
Sony haven't confirmed the ps4 can play used games yet (without a fee)

Offline Late

« Reply #1625 on: March 09, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »
http://www.dealspwn.com/ea-compensate-sim-city-players-free-game-132327
EA doling out free games as compo over the SimCity debacle.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1626 on: March 10, 2013, 12:33:42 AM »
Yup, on paper it's a good gesture but if you don't have a half decent PC and do all your gaming on your PS3 or 360 it's about as useful as a chocolate teapot unless they've changed the SKUs available since the news broke yesterday. :-\

Not that I'm bothered cos Populous clones are for girls and homosexuals, ya big buncha pansies :P

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1627 on: March 10, 2013, 01:16:45 AM »
Coming from the guy jizzing over his console for kiddies and soccer moms 24/7. :P How would all the manly blokes down the pub react if you walked in wearing your baked beans stained Zelda t-shirt and started telling them about your love for Nintendo and the Wii?

Offline harv

« Reply #1628 on: March 10, 2013, 01:44:47 AM »
ZombiU says it isn't a console for kiddies and soccer moms :P

And anyone that isn't impressed with my Star Wars/Zelda t-shirt isn't worth knowing. R2D2 as Fi is particularly cool 8)

I'm still really pissed off I missed The Plumber Strikes Back >:(

Offline Late

« Reply #1629 on: March 10, 2013, 02:09:10 AM »
Not that it comes as a surprise to anyone - but you really do have shite taste in games, Harv.
T- shirts too, tbh (but I guess we're all guilty of that from time to time).

Then again, we can't all like the same things. Take Max Payne 3 for instance. So glad I only paid £3 for it - I'm not enjoying it at all. 86% and 7.5 on metacritic so it seems most people like it.
I'm definitely not a fan of third person, though. Never have been - though there's always an exception to the rule...

Have done the first four of fourteen chapters. Doubt I'll do many more.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:45:09 PM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #1630 on: March 10, 2013, 12:46:25 PM »
Sleeping dogs is an exception to the rule.
Started it this morning, and thoroughly enjoying it so far.  ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #1631 on: March 10, 2013, 08:25:18 PM »
Well I finished Resonance of Fate yesterday... the final dungeon and boss were a bit of a bitch, definitely needed to raise my game - took me about an hour to take the final boss down, but did it eventually - JUST... I went into critical condition while he was on his last legs and actually think one of the other enemies killed him  ;D

Then realised that to access Neverland - which is a secret locked away dungeon, you needed to kill the 2 semi-final bosses and escape hex out to use the black hexes you gain from them.. but you get to keep all your stats, equipment and ranks I think - I haven't actually gone back into the game yet so not sure what you keep or how much of the game I need to replay so I can get into Neverland but everywhere I've read says that level 100 is really a minimum for entering neverland  :o

Still waiting for SimCity - should get it tomorrow hopefully.

Edit : Wont get SimCity today - packages needs a signature apparently... wont be pre-ordering games from Asda again  ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:31:20 AM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #1632 on: March 11, 2013, 10:01:57 AM »
EA post heavy losses more often than not and this isn't going to stop anytime soon. Like most publishers EA is run by people completely out of touch with gaming, it's quite surprising that they've managed to keep in business this long tbh.

6 EA games in last weeks top 20 selling games in the UK

SimCity came 2nd (after Tomb Raider)

They may have some questionable business practices.. but they make great games and have made more profit than most developers in the past couple of years.

Offline Late

« Reply #1633 on: March 11, 2013, 10:35:37 AM »
Still waiting for SimCity - should get it tomorrow hopefully.

Edit : Wont get SimCity today - packages needs a signature apparently... wont be pre-ordering games from Asda again  ::)

On the bright side, it sounds like the servers are a lot better now - so getting it a few days late might be a blessing ;)

Offline jman

« Reply #1634 on: March 11, 2013, 04:25:47 PM »
Looks like I did get it today after all... Asda use Yodel who in my opinion are the worst couriers I have ever used... they just posted the game - even though the package required a signature lol but I've had stuff thrown over in the middle of my back garden before from Yodel, luckily it wasnt broken but because it rained, the cardboard packaging was sodden.

Edit : Installed fairly quickly and did all the server updates... picked a european server, go to play and *bam* - servers unavailable - lol..  >:(
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:58:47 PM by jman »