https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662897 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1635 on: March 11, 2013, 05:07:23 PM »
Aw bollocks, I knew ordering the Bit Trip Saga would be asking for trouble...I tend to get addicted to score-based games and these games are going to be no exception lol.

Just tried Bit Trip Beat and it's ridiculously trippy in 3D!!! This is most definitely NOT a game you want to play after a few beers or doing any sort of narcotic lmfao!!! :lol:

A real bargain too, £7.99 for 6 games that many would say were amongst the best rhythm games released last gen.

If the other 5 are anywhere near as good as the first then I'll be getting Runner 2 from the Wii U eShop when they finally decide to release it over here. Bloody annoying because they've had it in the States for bloomin ages! :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1636 on: March 11, 2013, 09:37:53 PM »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #1637 on: March 11, 2013, 11:52:28 PM »
"The three shrug in unison as Miyamoto hovers slightly above the table suspended by balloons."
Pmsl  ;D
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1638 on: March 12, 2013, 12:06:35 AM »
Been playing MGS2 on the HD collection lately...Still an amazing game, but I've blundered a bit on my Platinum approach.

You have to collect 218 different dog tags, which means you have to play the game 5 times through...Already played it twice through on Very easy and Easy, but realised that they're actually on seperate saves...

Apparently, to carry over dog tag progress, you have to press "load game" from the main menu, and the select the "new game" option...How backwards is that...I started a new game under the impression the tags collected just automaticaly carried over....Slightly pissed off I basically wasted my very easy run, since that the Easy mode tags are now on seperate save files, so I'll have to replay one of them, so I think I'll come back to that at a later date, just annoying that the way it's set up isn't really obvious to the player...

On a related note, you can't quit the game through pausing and selecting it from a menu...You have to pause the game, and then hold down all 4 shoulder buttons and start and select at the same time for 5 seconds LOL...You'd think they'd have changed all these dated ways of doing things for the "re-mastered" version.

Offline harv

« Reply #1639 on: March 12, 2013, 12:09:49 AM »
"The three shrug in unison as Miyamoto hovers slightly above the table suspended by balloons."
Pmsl  ;D

And starting a thread with the same title and link has just got me banned for life from Gaf...miserable fuckers lol. Oh well, at least a few people thought it was funny, others were up in arms about it, saying I should have labelled it as a parody...kind of ruins the point if I had done it that way though I thought.

Miserable twats lol :lol:

I have another account on there because I forgot about it and just created a new one but the username is almost identical so I won't get away with using it lol. Oh well...their loss :P

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1640 on: March 12, 2013, 12:58:33 AM »
They banned you for that? Really? Definitely a bunch of spotty virgins who never see daylight.

Offline harv

« Reply #1641 on: March 12, 2013, 01:11:35 AM »
Yup, the forum rules are pretty ridiculous. I got banned for something like 'Rick Rolling and/or console wars' but it's fine for the same two or three trolls to come into every Wii U thread and start hiding under bridges lmfao ;D

I was only there for the Wii U technical discussion mainly, and that's pretty much dried up after the CPU and GPU die shots were released and analysed. Pretty unbelievable that nobody has a clue what half of the silicon in the GPU does or even what GPU Latte is based on. It's been customised so much that the origin of the chip is completely unrecognisable, and nobody was expecting that :o

Offline harv

« Reply #1642 on: March 12, 2013, 03:54:22 AM »

Offline jman

« Reply #1643 on: March 12, 2013, 08:21:50 AM »
Be thankful harv, GAF is seriously full of gaming nerds who really need to get out a bit more.. cant believe you are were even a member... I mean, I know your a bit of a nerd.. but these people take it to the extremes.

Well.. managed to do the tutorial on SimCity last night - still not able to start a game though - will give it another go tonight.

So went back to Resonance of Fate - started a new game + on same difficulty (apparently there are 10 different difficulty levels to the game, I find it hard to believe that anyone has actually done all 10)... you unlock new difficulties after each game complete.  So working my way through the chapters, I've kept all my levels and equipment (and also kept my black hexes - so unlocked Neverland now).. not even finding I need to do any scratch damage on the early chapters lol... you do lose access to the arena ranks.. but you dont lose your arena progress.. but Im now gold star on the first 7 ranks.  - so thats 70 out of the 500 arena battles done - this is going to take a long time - especially when the enemies become harder and longer to take down  ::)

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #1644 on: March 12, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »
Definitely a bunch of spotty virgins who never see daylight.

For some reason when I read that, I immediately thought of Ross.

Offline jman

« Reply #1645 on: March 12, 2013, 08:48:12 PM »
Played a few hours of SimCity tonight - hate to say it.. but its great.. had to restart 3 or 4 times because I kept running out of money really early on.. but I was making mistakes in what I was buying.

Started a small city.. ok the city size limits are nowhere near the size of previous installments but theres so much more going on (or at least it seems like there is).. I haven't really noticed the size yet.. although my city is still quite small... seems to me though that the sims just like to piss and moan about everything in this one.. they want a school, so I save up and buy the school.. it gets full enrollment within a day so I have to buy classroom extensions for it.. after that they moan about not having a high school... and only having one fire engine in my fire station.. its only a small city... so I raised the taxes really high and really gave them something to moan about LOL.  Least it means I can give them what they want.

Offline harv

« Reply #1646 on: March 12, 2013, 09:50:17 PM »
I have to say out of the 6 Bit Trip games the original, Bit Trip Beat, is the best. In terms of gameplay and use of 3D. I was expecting the others to be just as trippy as the first but they're nowhere near the level of Beat. Still, all are pretty decent and definitely worth 8 quid for the lot.

Got too many games to buy this month - Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate 3DS, Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate Wii U, Need For Speed Most Wanted for the Wii U, Luigi's Mansion 2 for the 3DS, Lego City Chase Begins for the 3DS and Lego City Undercover for the Wii U. Not going to be able to afford all of them at once so will have to stagger my purchases over a few months. :o

Offline jman

« Reply #1647 on: March 15, 2013, 12:14:16 AM »
Addicted to SimCity now - no problems at all getting on tonight - steadily building my city up.. went from 5,000 residents to 40,000 residents in a few hours.. huge demand for residental and industry but Im holding off growing too quickly (havent hit the boundries just yet and about 5 hours in)... just had a bit of a panic scenario where my city grew a little too big suddenly and I then started having brownouts, sewage spillages and low water supply.. and loads of people left my city.. fuckers!!  Had to borrow some money and build a water plant, loads more wind farms and a new sewage treatment facility, so the next hour or so will be spent paying off that debt.  Am gonna have to "go nuclear" soon though, the electric is only just holding out (definitely cant expand much further)...and solar energy is just shit... but I need educated residents before I build a power plant.. otherwise it'll likely have a meltdown at some point... got 2 pre-schools, a high school and a college... so university next.. and then I think I'll be ready for the nuke.

Also had my first natural disaster (hurricane) which moved dangerously close to my most expensive building at the time (college) but luckily it only wiped out a few houses and some roads.

Offline harv

« Reply #1648 on: March 15, 2013, 12:39:19 AM »
Reviews for Lego City Undercover have started to come in and have been impressive for the most part. Some have complained about long loading times and some framerate issues but those will probably be fixed with a patch I would have thought. Managed to pre-order it for £24 due to a Zavvi cock up, so knowing their shit dispatch and delivery times I'll probably get it a few days late. Still, can't complain too much at that price! 8) ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #1649 on: March 15, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »
I think the fact it has no co-op play in it whatsoever will put quite a few people off as well I'd think - stupid idea to be honest.