https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663018 times)

Offline styles

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 02:59:31 PM »
Got a copy of modern warfare 3 on ebay.

Didn't like mw2 but a few mates have it so hopefully it'll be ok
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 03:39:24 PM »
Going to be interesting to see what Treyarch are going to do with their next Call of Duty offering. I'd love them to do a WWI game just to make a change, or maybe a Korean War or Vietnam War game. We'll probably get Blops 2 though. Unless that's already been confirmed..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »
Got a copy of modern warfare 3 on ebay.

Didn't like mw2 but a few mates have it so hopefully it'll be ok

I like MW3 alot, especially given the fact I hated MW2. Elite finally starts for PS3 users next week, with gang operations live from tonight.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 05:52:42 PM »
Loved MW2, shame there was so many glitchers on it. Couldn't get into MW3 at all. Hated the maps.  :o

Offline harv

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 06:33:25 PM »
Well I think we can expect Treyarch to bring something new and interesting to the table, they're the best developers out of the two imo. Blops 2 would be favourite imo but I'd be disappointed if that is the case. I'd love to see a WWI game, or maybe even the American Revolution. Plenty of other wars in history to choose from too.

Perhaps even go right back to wars involving the Greeks, Persians or Romans? Medieval times, Vikings, Saxons, the Hundred Years War, Vietnam, Korea...the list goes on and on. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 07:13:06 PM »
Personally I hope they do something else... boring games the lot of them..  :P

I tried out Metro 2033.. its rubbish lol, got to chapter 2 and was a bit bored.. just seems like too many cutscenes and then when you do play, you're either walking from one point to another or you have a short section of actual FPS...the gameplay just doesnt seem there for me.... good story.. or good attempt.. just bad execution.. also not a game where a silent protagonist is needed... doesn't work at all... maybe I need to give it more time but not impressed so far.

Streetfighter 4 on the other hand is great, really enjoying that, even if I am just button bashing most of the time...

Offline harv

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 10:14:16 PM »
Just 10 days away from GDC now. Will probably hear some details about the Nintendo Network, first party titles for the U and 3DS, maybe see something of Halo 4 or at least hear of a few details about it, news from Sony about upcoming Vita titles too. And as I mentioned there'll be news of new Unreal Engine and CryEngine demos...but it wouldn't surprise me if that all takes place behind closed doors. We probably won't get to see them until E3.

I quite liked Metro but didn't finish it as I got Duke Nukem soon after...haven't finished either of them though.

Offline jman

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 11:03:32 PM »
SF4 is rock hard..  >:(

So put GH5 in.. and yeah, its the best one so far.. love it.. my hands are killing me now though lol

Offline harv

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »
A bloke called Johnny Minkley from Eurogamer has Tweeted the following yesterday:

Amazing gaming week with Journey & Vita. But the top, top secret thing I saw t'other day... The internet will go bananas when it's shown.

That is a very annoying tweet, I realise, it's just that I'm SO EXCITED by what I saw. Shouldn't be too long for you to wait.

@ShogunDarius The internet will go bananas at how impressive it is.

TimeSplitters 4, perhaps..? :o

GDC can't come soon enough!!!

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 07:06:19 PM »
Well I think we can expect Treyarch to bring something new and interesting to the table, they're the best developers out of the two imo. Blops 2 would be favourite imo but I'd be disappointed if that is the case. I'd love to see a WWI game, or maybe even the American Revolution. Plenty of other wars in history to choose from too.

Perhaps even go right back to wars involving the Greeks, Persians or Romans? Medieval times, Vikings, Saxons, the Hundred Years War, Vietnam, Korea...the list goes on and on. :o

Good ideas but unfortunately I doubt they would interest people today like the idea of Modern Warfare or wars going back as far as WW2.  I'd love to see a game though involving the five Greek epic battles with the Persians at Thermopylae, Salamis, Marathon, Plataea and the other one I always forget. Might interest people a bit after the film '300' which was all about Thermopylae.

IW tried to make MW3 too big. They couldn't handle an event such as WW3 in such a short campaign mode. It felt very disjointed and just didn't work for me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:08:15 PM by ancelotti »

Offline styles

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 01:23:06 AM »
Mw3 arrived while i was golfing. jammed it in the machine tonight. straight into multi player and managed 8 kills 9 deaths in my first game. well impressed with those stats as i usually get massacred in my first few games.

Will play more soon :-)
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 03:56:04 PM »
I'm really liking RAID mode in Revelations so far, hopefully it's going to be included as bonus content for Resident Evil 6 along with Mercenaries. Am halfway through the story and it's pretty good so far, great idea to have a T-Virus derivative bunged in the sea and even better idea to have the cruise ship designed by the same nutjob that designed the Mansion.

Tried RAID mode online last night and had a little lag but it was mostly due to me downloading something on my PC at the time and it wasn't game breakingly bad.

Definitely the best Resident Evil game released in a long time and bodes well for Resident Evil 6 if they do the same sort of thing. ;D

Edit: Looks like Nintendo are taking their online goodness seriously, the WiiWare limit was 40-odd MB of compressed data and now the 3DS Ware limit has been raised to 2GB :o

They also have digital distribution functionality in place for the 3DS which should have a larger file size restriction of 4GB if not more. It wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo implement a firmware update to replace the dreaded Friend Codes with usernames at some point too. ;D

Another Edit: Bollocks, have just come across 2 bloody great big ugly mofos that are taking everything I can throw at them lol. Great enemy design because they're real monstrosities!!! I've tried frag grenades, pulse grenades, a machine gun, shotgun, a blade and melee attacks when I've stunned them but they keep on coming lol. Have died 4 times on the trot, going to have a break now but will have a few more goes later before I take the coward's way out and run away lol. I always make sure I kill everything when playing Resident Evil games and I'll be mightily pissed off if I can't do that in this one lol. The very first one was a challenge because you had bugger all ammo so I had to take a knife to kill a lot of the buggers!!!

Resident Evil Revelations is worth buying a 3DS for alone, best Resident Evil game I've played in years. If Resident Evil 6 follows the path this has taken I'll be a very happy bunny indeed, although there's still a little too much ammo around for my liking, guess I'm just a little too old-school :P
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:48:30 PM by harv »

Offline styles

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 12:20:35 AM »
Ross, what set up should i be aiming for in mw3?

In waw i liked a silenced mp50.

What are the best boosts etc.

Got my arsenal kicked tonight. lots of gangs online

Work hard, be nice.

Offline larry

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 09:25:31 AM »
Ive not really got into MW3 myself, but i really should give it another go. But i dont seem to be able to take GT5 out of the PS3 at the mo.

Ive still got shed loads of games that havent even been started,

Uncharted 3
Dead Space 2
Tomb Raider Trilogy
Prince of Persia Trilogy
God Of War 3
Red Dead Redemption (only played 2hrs)
And the first Batman to finish off

I dont think ill be buying any new games soon!  ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »
Another leak about the U from a Frog journalist saying that the U is capable of producing visuals twice as good as the 360 and that on paper some of the specs are 4 or 5 times more powerful. So we could end up with the U producing visuals on a par with the PC SKU of Battlefield 3 at the highest settings at 720p at least. Nice. 8)

On the not so good side of things a developer has said that V5 of the dev kits, currently being tested by Nintendo, isn't having a next gen quality performance boost in his eyes running a demo on a big name current gen engine that remains nameless due to the bloke not wanting to get the sack lol. He does however say that it was running unoptimised so that could explain it. :o

Good to see that Nintendo are testing the dev kits with popular middleware before sending them out to developers and publishers though. I expect they'll release V6 as the final dev kit with another small boost in power, possibly late next month which means we're looking at a release date between August and November. ;D