https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662772 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1650 on: March 15, 2013, 09:38:24 PM »
No co-op? Nah, that can't be right, surely? :o
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1651 on: March 16, 2013, 12:43:35 AM »
Yup, a bit of an odd decision tbh, but it should still do gangbusters despite that. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to play a Lego GTA..? :o 8)

So glad I managed to get it for £24 ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #1652 on: March 18, 2013, 08:18:30 AM »
I'd probably pick it up 2nd hand.. would never buy it new.. the lack of a movie franchise tie-in and the lack of co-op puts me off it more than any of the previous lego games.  Read the edge review.. makes sense to me.

Offline Late

« Reply #1653 on: March 18, 2013, 09:46:40 AM »
If I had a U I'd definitely be wanting Lego Undercover, as I love all of the Lego games (and most GTA-style games). Surprised there's no co-op, though. There's not many games I play co-op, but I've always liked that friends and family can easily drop in and out of the Lego games.
I always wait until the Lego games have been out for about a year before getting them, though - wait 'til they're about £15.
So whilst the U now has one exclusive that I'd like to play, I wouldn't be getting the game any time soon so still see no reason to buy it.

No, Harv, don't bother trying to tell me to get one. I've just told you that I like the Lego games but wouldn't pay more than £15 for one - so I'm definitely not interested in paying £200 to play one.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #1654 on: March 18, 2013, 11:59:56 AM »
Anyone seen any reviews of the new Walking Dead game yet? (The FPS, unrelated to the episodic thing by Telltale.)
Comes out this week, and looks good on trailers and screenies, but it's always worrying when a game's still got no reviews (and pretty much no solid previews) by the time it comes out...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1655 on: March 18, 2013, 02:26:01 PM »
It's bound to suck... which I'm sad about because Daryl is easily one of the best characters from the show. I expect it'll still sell some though off the back of the TV show.

Guess I'll just have to wait for Season 2 of Telltale's game. Apparently more characters from the TV show could appear.  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #1656 on: March 18, 2013, 04:45:33 PM »
Looks like you'll be able to nab yourself one of the following, Kieron:
Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

"Compensation" for anyone who has activated Sim City already, or activates it in the next few days.

EA

Offline harv

« Reply #1657 on: March 18, 2013, 04:49:20 PM »
I'm waiting for reviews but have read some encouraging info over the last few days about it. It turns out that they're taking a similar approach to the game that Ubisoft Montpellier have taken with ZombiU - ammo is scarce, one or two zombies can be a real threat to survival and there's no auto regenerating health either so the game's going to be a challenge in places. I wish more FPS games ditched auto regenerating health in favour of health packs, makes for a better game imo.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #1658 on: March 19, 2013, 07:47:10 AM »
Looks like you'll be able to nab yourself one of the following, Kieron:
Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
Plants vs. Zombies
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

"Compensation" for anyone who has activated Sim City already, or activates it in the next few days.

EA

Yeah, just received the email today - you have up to the 26th March 7am to activate your game to get the free game - Im actually quite happy with the selection..

I've already got BF3, PvZ and SimCity 4 and played NfS : MW.
Not interested in Bejeweled 3 or Mass Effect 3 or MoH

So that kinda only leaves Dead Space 3 - however Im tempted more by re-purchasing SimCity 4 Deluxe - as my physical disk no longer seems to install (plus its only standard edition) and I think I'd rather play DS3 on the 360... its quite a good deal if anyone is tempted to play SimCity - not only is it highly addictive but I havent had any server problems since the first day now and I'll get a free game  ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #1659 on: March 19, 2013, 10:10:15 AM »
Think Im going to go back to Dead Island at the weekend.. just realised that the next installment (Dead Island Riptide) is out next month - and I did really enjoy the first one (until it crashed and corrupted my save file)... I hope they have made the numerous improvements the first game needed to become a great game but judging by the gameplay videos it looks incredibly like its the same..

Offline harv

« Reply #1660 on: March 19, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »
Think Im going to go back to Dead Island at the weekend.. just realised that the next installment (Dead Island Riptide) is out next month - and I did really enjoy the first one (until it crashed and corrupted my save file)... I hope they have made the numerous improvements the first game needed to become a great game but judging by the gameplay videos it looks incredibly like its the same..

Ever since my save towards the end of the first Tomb Raider on the PS1 got corrupted I always stagger my saves when possible just in case. It's bloody infuriating :o

Offline Late

« Reply #1661 on: March 19, 2013, 08:04:19 PM »
As do we all. When it let's you...

Offline harv

« Reply #1662 on: March 20, 2013, 12:30:57 AM »
Omfg, I've just managed to beat Omicron, the third out of four levels on the Wii U SKU of Nano Assault. If there's two things you can guarantee with Shin'En's games they a) always look great and b) are always a challenge.

Still nowhere near beating any of my friends' high scores though which is annoying lol. The difficulty difference between two and three is insane...hate to think what 4 is like lol

Offline jman

« Reply #1663 on: March 20, 2013, 12:07:20 PM »
Downloaded Dead Space 3 as the free game in the end.. I just thought I wouldnt play SimCity 4 when I now have the newer version... had my city up to around 120k residents and gave up.. I'd fucked things up so badly during mid-game and expanded too rapidly and my budget just went way out of control, any changes I was making seemed to have very little effect and I was just sat there thinking - what the hell do I do next?? 

So I started again and sure I've found 2 bugs in my new city. 

1) No air, land, water or waste pollution but EVERYONE is complaining my whole city is germy... I had air pollution before I even started laying stuff and fixed it by bunging a load of forests at the bottom.

2) I started a challenge which gave me some simoleons if I could collect a load of garbage in time.. I did this task, but all my residents started complaining at the amount of waste that was piling up.. so I increased garbage collection 5-fold.. I had zero garbage in my city and the protestors kept protesting about the amount of garbage even though there weren't any... in the end, I got a tool-tip from the city hall saying to increase my garbage dump zone - which I totally didnt need to do because it wasnt even a 1/10 full... doing this though stopped the protestors almost immediately..

I've also seen other bugs - commerical complaining there are no shoppers whilst at the same time praising me for the amount of shoppers they have... industrial complaining there is nowhere to send their freight - even though the newly built trade depot with increased freight storage is sitting right next to them !!!  Its a shame really - hope they sort some of these things out soon.. its frustrating when you know your doing everything right and cant fix your city :(

Offline jman

« Reply #1664 on: March 21, 2013, 09:51:41 AM »
Anyone seen any reviews of the new Walking Dead game yet? (The FPS, unrelated to the episodic thing by Telltale.)
Comes out this week, and looks good on trailers and screenies, but it's always worrying when a game's still got no reviews (and pretty much no solid previews) by the time it comes out...

Looks bloody terrible IMO.. the AI is supposed to be incredibly bad - not that I have ever seen The Walking Dead nor want to... as a game, it just screams out that its a cheap, tacky licensed game....if you just wanted an open-world zombie game, despite all its shortcomings I'd still recommend Dead Island.