https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662653 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1695 on: March 28, 2013, 09:03:22 PM »
Bought Hitman Absolution and Dishonored today.

Stop buying games, Late...

Great prices though.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1696 on: March 28, 2013, 10:01:05 PM »
Need to start paying off my credit cards soon but there's loads of games I want to buy:

Crimson Shroud - bought
Lego City Undercover - bought
Lego City Chase Begins (3DS) next month
Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate Wii U
Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate 3DS
Luigi's Mansion 2 3DS
Need For Speed Most Wanted Wii U

Ordered Lego City Undercover from Zavvi so I'll probably get it this time next year knowing them lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1697 on: March 29, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »
Latest rumour is that Crytek are buying the Darksiders IP. A fair amount of ex-Vigil staff are working at Crytek now, including their newly appointed CEO. Darksiders II isn't available for purchase from the Wii U eShop after today so it looks like it's going somewhere, and soon.

Great news if true, it would be a waste of a good franchise if nobody picks it up!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #1698 on: March 30, 2013, 09:12:55 PM »
Finished Bioshock Infinite, and I'm a little disappointed tbh.
The game is great fun, the characters are fantastic, and the scenery is beautiful. But the story is a bit weak, the ending was somewhere between predictable and ridiculous, and the city - whilst beautiful and clever, has nowhere near the character of Rapture.
And where are the suspense and shocks? This is Bioshock. I have expectations. At the start it gets you to adjust your settings until the icon is barely visible. You expect suspense. There's none. There's one jump in the game - and it's a fairly cheap one.
And then there's the semi tower defence bit toward the end of the game. No - just no.
Now I sound a bit harsh there, because I'm stressing and highlighting the negatives - but the positives have been thoroughly covered. I did enjoy the game. Just not as much as it's predecessors.
8/10 for me. That was very nearly a 7 though..
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1699 on: March 30, 2013, 10:19:36 PM »
That's one franchise I've never been able to get into for some reason, and on paper it should be right up my street too.

Was hoping to get Lego City today but no sign of it...will probably get here on Monday. Bloody Zavvi are useless!!! :(

Offline jman

« Reply #1700 on: April 02, 2013, 10:01:18 AM »
I finished Gears on Friday - its a good game albeit quite short.  Saying that, I'll be going back to it at some point as theres quite a lot to do and I've always liked the multiplayer aspect in it.  Also played quite a lot of NHL 13 over the easter weekend.. quite simply put - the best NHL game for over a decade. 

I always think of myself as quite a good all-rounder on all types of games and my mate who is not a gamer in the slightest was getting absolutely beasted by me when NHL 13 came out as I just generally take to games a lot quicker than other people... its all changed now though and the games are just so competitive, it can always swing either way, if anything, he's better than me now.  But we started a tournament playoff thing at the weekend with 16 teams, both ended up with 2 teams in the semi's.. I managed to knock out his New York Rangers with my favourite team - New York Islanders (won in the last 10 seconds of overtime)... but I have real trouble beating him when he plays as Dallas Stars who are in the other semi against Boston Bruins - its likely to end up being Stars vs Islanders final which are our normal match-up teams anyway - I usually lose those ties though 8)

Edit : Stars vs Islanders final - I lost 2-1, he scored in the last 2 seconds of normal time  >:(  lol - such a great game though.. started another tournament now.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:41:29 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #1701 on: April 05, 2013, 12:50:47 AM »
Aaaaaargh!!! Lego City Undercover hasn't arrived yet...bloody Zavvi!!!

Am thinking of getting Toki Tori 2 from the Wii U eShop, looks beautiful and has had pretty good reviews so far. Have a £5 voucher to spend so it's only going to cost £6 or so. Every single one of the indie titles so far have been top-notch, very pleased with the quality of the titles available from the eShop so far, and with the unprecedented deals that Nintendo have done with Autodesk, Havok, Greenhill and Unity they'll only get better. Can't wait for the inevitable ports of PC titles from Steam.

Sony and Microsoft are both going to have to step up their game with regards to indie developers, they're getting tens of thousands of pounds worth of software and middleware free with each Wii U devkit and what's rumoured to be a 70/30 split from sales in favour of the developers. They're also allowed to set their own prices too, so you often find Steam-esque sales going on which is pretty cool. :o 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #1702 on: April 05, 2013, 09:27:02 AM »
Well I finished The Maw - its not a very long game.. interesting concept but poorly executed I think, the game is screaming out for a run button - the controls feel way too clunky.

Started Toy Soldiers, could of been a great tower defense game.. but I dont like the fact it forces you to control your own towers

Offline Late

« Reply #1703 on: April 05, 2013, 01:30:37 PM »
Trailer for Cod Blops 2's new DLC map pack "Uprising".

Haven't played COD for a couple of months, now (because I had too many games to play, rather than me being bored with it or anything like that). Paid for a season pass so I'll definitely get this, but not sure if I'll be a bit rusty, or when I'll get a chance to play it.

Love that they have some great prohibition gangsters as characters in the zombie map (including Ray Liotta), but the last time they did something like this (with horror film characters) it wasn't a very good map... They've roped George A Romero in to direct this, as they did with the horror actors one.

Nice to see "Firing Range" make a return to the multiplayer game (but with a facelift). Call it lazy if you want, but a good map's a good map...

Offline harv

« Reply #1704 on: April 06, 2013, 11:10:16 PM »
Whoops!!!

That's the 'always on' rumour for the 720 pretty much confirmed. A terrible idea tbh, and if that's true then it's quite likely that the no used games rumour is true too. I can see this being a dealbreaker for a fair amount of people. :-\

A really daft decision, you can't play your 720 if your ISP is having problems and your connection goes tits up. What idiot at Microsoft thought that was a great idea for gawd's sake..?!? :o

Unbelievable. The 720 would have been an attractive console if it weren't for that given the likely retail price of the PS4. Talk aboutpshooting themselves in the foot!

Would that be a dealbreaker for you guys..?

Offline bealec

« Reply #1705 on: April 07, 2013, 08:50:06 AM »
It'd be a deal breaker for me.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1706 on: April 07, 2013, 09:15:31 AM »
Wouldn't really affect me in terms of connectivity as my internet is pretty much always on and the uptime is probably 99%+. Can't see it going down well generally though. Imagine being in a JRPG and nowhere near a save point when your connection drops. I assume there'll be a short window to allow you to reconnect without the game stopping, but if your router doesn't reconnect you'll be fuming!

Whichever console looks like having the better line-up will be the one I'll buy, but if Sony don't do this then that'll be a tick in their favour. I buy pre-owned from time to time and can imagine the impact it'll have on the retailers if MS stop this.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:21:05 AM by ancelotti »

Offline harv

« Reply #1707 on: April 07, 2013, 03:36:52 PM »
I think Microsoft will have to think about this again and change it. The fallout on message boards all over the place is pretty negative. What idiot thought this was a good idea..? :-\ :o :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #1708 on: April 07, 2013, 05:46:31 PM »
Nobody. Which is why it's not happening.
It's a rumour - nothing more. Microsoft distanced themselves from Orth's comments (though they didn't take the opportunity to deny the rumours - they just said he's not a spokesman and his comments aren't Microsoft's comments).

Offline harv

« Reply #1709 on: April 07, 2013, 11:11:15 PM »
More 720 rumours.

$500 retail price or $300 with a subscription thingummybob so it's looking like Kinect 2.0 being supplied with it. I can see the PS4 being $50 at $450 with the second SKU being $500. And more talk of always online for the 720 too. If these prices and always online/no used games rumours are true Microsoft are going to have serious problems.

Things could get interesting if Nintendo have some more 'hardcore' exclusives in the bag and they cut the price by $50. Around about now would be an ideal time for Nintendo to announce some heavy hitters from third parties as exclusives. With a price cut we could see the Wii U selling for $250/300, the PS4 for $450/500 and the 720 for $500. If Nintendo have the right sort of third party software lined up they could end up making a killing. :o

Investor's Meeting on the 24th!