https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662646 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1710 on: April 08, 2013, 04:06:31 AM »
Give up, Harv. Nobody wants a Nintendo (unless it's as their second console).
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1711 on: April 08, 2013, 08:03:58 AM »
All microsoft have to do to get a successful console is do the exact opposite that Nintendo are doing with the Wii U.

See you haven't mentioned Sega cancelling Aliens Colonial Marines for the Wii U harv... you know, that game you were banging on about for ages..  ;D ;D another one bites the dust.

Offline harv

« Reply #1712 on: April 08, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
Sounds like a lucky escape tbh lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1713 on: April 08, 2013, 12:32:27 PM »
Platinum'd Worms : Ultimate Mayhem...Good little PSN game, took a while to actually adjust to the 3D style, since I've only ever known Worms games as 2D platformers (sort of)...Ended up being very good though, I would grab Worms Revolution but theres a bug with one of the trophies they haven't fixed almost 3 months on so I'll steer clear at the moment I think.

Takes me onto 49 Platinums now, could probably bash out whats left of Skyrim and make it 50, but I'm getting into another one of my hardcore FIFA spells right now...I'm mainly holding out for GRID 2, which is due out towards the back end of May at some point...Alot of racers have been released since GRID 1 back in 2008, but I still maintain that GRID has been the best, so GRID 2 should be amazing.

Getting to this traditional summer lull where no games get released now so gonna hammer out my backlog a bit...Still got about 8 unopened games to so might get stuck into those at some point...Sleeping Dogs next I think, meant to be excellent.

Offline Late

« Reply #1714 on: April 08, 2013, 02:54:20 PM »
Played through Bioshock Infinite a second time back end of last week. There were a few pretty easy achievements I'd missed, and there are a few things at the start of the story that make a bit more sense (or you understand them differently) on a second playthough. Not fussed about getting the other achievements that I missed, now - but I might play through again on hard at some point. (Or possibly on "1999 mode")
I'm fairly keen to play the first two Bioshock games again now - but I'd best continue working through the backlog instead.

Of the three games I ordered around a week ago (Hitman Absolution, Hitman Trilogy, and Dishonored) only one has arrived so far. Rather than root through the games pile I went straight into Hitman Absolution when I finished with Bioshock.
I think I played a Hitman game a long time ago. Probably the original in the franchise but I don't really remember it.
After a couple of days of thinking this one okay but fairly exasperating, I'm starting to enjoy it a lot more now - now that I'm treating it as a "stealth-em-up" rather than an shooter. It's stressed from the start that you can approach the game in any way you like, going gung-ho and killing everyone, or sneaking around and only killing the main target - but when it gives an assessment at the end of each zone it'll heavily penalise you if you've made a lot of kills, even if they're henchmen.
To get a good score I think you'd need to put a awful lot of time into the game (complete each level numerous times on normal or hard, meeting every secondary objective - which gives you a score multiplier - then replay on the hardest mode with that multiplier active) and I doubt I'll be arsed to invest enough time in the game to play it through repeatedly (that's my feeble excuse for being behind everyone on the leaderboards), but I definitely started to enjoy it last night - and found myself playing it until approx 4.30am.

Good job I'm enjoying it, really, or I'd be ruing the purchase of Hitman Trilogy. Which was ordered on the 29th, dispatched on the 30th, and hasn't arrived yet. Way to go Zavvi. Yeah, there's been bank holidays, but I should've had it by now.
I'm also still waiting on Dishonored, which was ordered from Game on the 28th and dispatched on the 29th.

Oh. I also ordered another game on the 4th. Yeah, I'm the master of restraint. "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning". Questing through dungeons, and all that shizzle, apparently. (It's like I'm a professional reviewer, isn't it...) That's not arrived yet, either, but that one's fair enough - it's only been a few days.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #1715 on: April 08, 2013, 03:17:25 PM »
So a few days ago I heard the glorious news that "Farming Simulator" is coming to the xbox360. It's what the people have been screaming out for, I'm sure you'll all agree.
The conversation soon got around to a link to this video - which I'd never seen before, but have now watched about a dozen times.
Fantastic!

Offline harv

« Reply #1716 on: April 08, 2013, 05:06:58 PM »
I'm still waiting for Lego City Undercover to arrive, Zavvi dispatched it on 29th. They really are bloomin useless lol :o :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #1717 on: April 08, 2013, 06:05:19 PM »
I retract any bad vibe - hitman trilogy and dishonored both arrived today.

Offline jman

« Reply #1718 on: April 09, 2013, 08:18:42 AM »
Apparently Far Cry 3 : Blood Dragon was given a release date of May 1st by xbox.com... lol.. this game sounds so fucking bonkers its awesome... Ubisoft havent announced the game yet, so Im still erring on the side of caution that it is all just an extended April Fools joke... but a 80's style futuristic action game using the Far Cry 3 engine with voice acting of Michael Biehn of Terminator & Aliens fame will be mental!

Link

Offline harv

« Reply #1719 on: April 09, 2013, 10:28:20 PM »
Lol, looks like a few reviewers aren't too happy with Toki Tori 2 throwing you in the deep end. You're basically dropped into the game and don't have a clue what to do apart from press A to chirp and press B to slam into the ground.

And that's it. You have no clue what to do, you know that you have to collect these yellow things but don't have a clue what they are and what they do and there's no plot to speak of at the beginning.

You basically have to work it out as you go along. I think it's great so far, very old-school. Some reviewers are really appreciating that though.

I've got 3 things I can do with my chirps now, including getting a camera to take photos. Really enjoying this game so far.

Offline jman

« Reply #1720 on: April 10, 2013, 03:34:58 PM »
Think I bust FM2012... well, found a big old bug.

Was playing Luton, I went 1-0 up.. went to make a sub at 60 minutes.. and saw my best midfielder had been sent off (even though I'd just seen him playing and not seen a sending off)... Anyway, I subbed one of my other players.. and went back to the match and then realised at that point I only had 10 men... they scored to make it 1-1.. and I made a few more subs and managed to win the game 2-1.

I then went to look at how this guy got sent off.. apparently it was in the 47th minute... even though I'd seen him still playing around the 60th minute mark... and then I realised the score was 2-2 and they had scored in the 48th minute.. which again I didnt see, nor could see a replay of... so bit pissed off with that really >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #1721 on: April 10, 2013, 08:41:37 PM »
Yup, both FM and CM are a bloody nightmare to test. Way too many variables to take into account. That bug has probably been 'Closed As Not Seen' also known as 'Can't Fix Won't Fix' lol.

Offline Late

« Reply #1722 on: April 11, 2013, 11:29:43 AM »
Apparently Far Cry 3 : Blood Dragon was given a release date of May 1st by xbox.com... lol.. this game sounds so fucking bonkers its awesome... Ubisoft havent announced the game yet, so Im still erring on the side of caution that it is all just an extended April Fools joke... but a 80's style futuristic action game using the Far Cry 3 engine with voice acting of Michael Biehn of Terminator & Aliens fame will be mental!

Link

Trailer. (Has flashing lights and a bit of swearing.)

Looks great!
Nice to see developers tailoring a game to the old farts amongst us who were brought up in the eighties. :D

Offline jman

« Reply #1723 on: April 11, 2013, 12:18:40 PM »
lol, told you it was bonkers... but so awesome.. cant wait to get it... I dont think its part of any DLC for FC3 so even if you still havent played FC3 - which is unforgiveable considering what an awesome game it is.... you should still be able to play Blooood Dragon!!

Offline Late

« Reply #1724 on: April 11, 2013, 01:36:29 PM »
Aye, it's a stand alone game.
Was planning on buying Far Cry 3 at some point - when it's a bit cheaper and I've gotten through some of the backlog. Will probably do the same with this, tbh - leave it a few months 'til it's on offer.