https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662674 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1725 on: April 12, 2013, 07:51:58 AM »
Well steam has given it a price of £11.99 and release date is indeed 1st May, and confirmation it is a stand-alone game - I cant wait.. Day 1 purchase for me - Rex Power Colt is the new Duke Nukem!

Offline Late

« Reply #1726 on: April 12, 2013, 02:27:25 PM »
Whoops!!!
That's the 'always on' rumour for the 720 pretty much confirmed. A terrible idea tbh, and if that's true then it's quite likely that the no used games rumour is true too. I can see this being a dealbreaker for a fair amount of people. :-\

It's a rumour - nothing more. Microsoft distanced themselves from Orth's comments (though they didn't take the opportunity to deny the rumours - they just said he's not a spokesman and his comments aren't Microsoft's comments).

lol @ Orth - who has now "parted company" with Microsoft.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1727 on: April 12, 2013, 06:30:37 PM »
Apparently he's supposed to be a right knobhead to work with too lol.

Still, no denials from Microsoft which is worrying. Basically means that you're buggered if your ISP has problems at their end for a few hours.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1728 on: April 12, 2013, 10:53:19 PM »
Picked up Lego City Undercover from the Sorting Office today. The bloody driver didn't bung a card through the letter box, not the first time it's happened either >:(

Played it for about 10 minutes and it's really funny lol. Music is class, your typical cop show funk. The loading times are bloody awful though, hopefully they're going to sort that out via and update. Not a dealbreaker but it's not too far off. There's jaggies all over the place too which is disappointing.

Got another guitar kit in the post today too, a Strat this time. I was getting a bit pissed off with not having a whammy bar on my SG lol ;D It's 80% set up now, need to adjust the truss rod and the action on the bridge but am leaving it to settle after bunging the strings on. 8)

Going to paint and finish my SG in the Summer, am thinking about doing a stencil of the United crest but may be a little too complicated for my first effort. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #1729 on: April 12, 2013, 11:08:22 PM »
Still, no denials from Microsoft which is worrying. Basically means that you're buggered if your ISP has problems at their end for a few hours.

Why would they deny it, they haven't even confirmed a console yet.

Sony haven't denied that their network will be subscription based next year, they also haven't denied that there will be a fee to play preowned games on their machine.. both credible rumours too. 

The only console manufacturer that should be worried is nintendo, they have released their console and still nobody is buying it.

Offline harv

« Reply #1730 on: April 12, 2013, 11:53:37 PM »
They should deny it due to all of the bad fallout and bad press. The fact that they haven't denied it so far would, to me at least, point towards the rumours being true. The feedback on message boards EVERYWHERE has been very negative.

And they'll announce the console later this month probably.

Offline Late

« Reply #1731 on: April 13, 2013, 01:43:49 PM »
If they deny one rumour but not others then people will take it as"proof" that the other rumours are true. They need to do a full presentation - there's little point just denying some rumours now.

Just ignore the rumours and wait for the presser later this month...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1732 on: April 14, 2013, 01:17:10 PM »
I really can't praise Lego City Undercover enough. I'm about 5 or 6 hours in (I think, might be more) and I haven't done 5& of the storyline yet. Definitely the best Lego game so far, hope they're going to include Super Builds in the games from now on because they're class. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #1733 on: April 14, 2013, 01:50:47 PM »
Bloody hell, just checked my system Log and I've ploughed 11 hours and 29 minutes into Lego City so far. Thought it was half that, time goes really quick when playing this game lol ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #1734 on: April 15, 2013, 07:54:42 AM »
Should find out a bit more about NHL 14 today... release date and new features... after playing NHL 13 loads this season - Im hoping they do something about the hitting - its very arcade like which means its not realistic in the slightest, I also hope they get a few UK teams in there even if it is just the elite league, it also needs a dump button lol - for dumping the puck in.. and also game penalties and suspensions added.

Edit : 13th September for the european launch and as thought, they are sorting out the hitting/collision to make it a bit more realistic - plus the fighting too.. because fighting does suck quite a bit.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:39:43 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #1735 on: April 15, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
NHL14
Clever trailer - half the time I'm not sure if I'm watching game or real life, as it keeps switching. It's clear to see, though, there's some very nice body-check action in the game!

Offline jman

« Reply #1736 on: April 15, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »
Yeah like I said, thats the main feature upgrade this year... the hitting and collision system... hence that trailer which is supposed to hype it up.. it is definitely a great trailer though..fistrics hit on smith is great.. its about 0:35 seconds in..  I cant wait.. I'm putting a pre-order down on that bad boy asap - bit peeved its a week before the GTA5 launch, will most definitely get overlooked.

Offline Late

« Reply #1737 on: April 17, 2013, 01:57:53 PM »
Nintendo's announcing some games for the 3DS this afternoon (in about an hour).
Approximately five billion sites will be showing it live.

Offline Late

« Reply #1738 on: April 17, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyed Hitman Absolution. Decent story, good mechanics, and lots of replay value - both in completing all of the challenges in the story, and in completing (or creating) contracts.

Started on Dishonored a couple of days ago, but haven't really had a chance to have a proper go on it yet...

Offline harv

« Reply #1739 on: April 20, 2013, 12:53:09 PM »
Just checked my progress with the computer in the Police Station and I've been playing for 26 hours 25 minutes and have completed 25.2% of the game. As far as bang for buck goes this game is second to Monster Hunter 3G Ultimate. The game has itsdfaults but is a VERY ambitious project, particularly when you consider this was developed by Tt Fusion, the B team at Travelers tales.

If any of you end up getting a Wii U then this is an essential purchase.