https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663041 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2012, 08:28:45 PM »
That list of U games is pretty dire, actually.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2012, 11:21:05 PM »
That list of U games is pretty dire, actually.

Counter Strike and World of Warcraft are not dire by any stretch of the imagination. The latter is a HUGE coup if Nintendo have managed to secure it. :o

And Counter Strike if it happens means that the U is going to have its rumoured full Steam support which is another big deal. Okamiden HD is also going to be fantastic.

A wide variety of support from plenty of different publishers and developers, sounds pretty good to me. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2012, 03:16:04 AM »
??? If I heard that list of games was coming out on the Xbox I don't think there's a single one I'd be interested in...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2012, 11:28:52 AM »
World Of Warcraft on a console. It makes sense as apparently they are losing subscriptions. But would you have to pay a monthly fee like you currently do on PC.

Offline harv

« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2012, 12:48:58 PM »
I would assume so. I'm guessing we haven't seen it on the current gen consoles so far because they're not powerful enough to make it possible despite having online infrastructures suitable.

I'm bloody stuck on the RAID part of Revelations, I was getting quite cocky after completely pwning one level, I got a 'Trinity' - 100% accuracy, no damage taken and a Genocide bonus...so I was really pumped up, but then I played a right bitch of a level. There's mutant after mutant after mutant and a mini-boss and I keep on getting my arse kicked lol  :P >:(

I really hope that RAID mode makes it to Resident Evil 6, you'll all love it. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2012, 03:41:38 PM »
Have you seen the latest DLC for Defence Grid though Late... apparently its features GLADoS from Portal... I was gonna try it out.. and then forgot...
Fell asleep playing fortresscraft last night (not cos it's boring :P ), but when I woke up I remembered to download the Defence Grid DLC. Turns out I didnt' have the previous DLC, so got those 4 packs while I was at it. (2 levels each, and 80 msp each - I'm more than happy to get a loads of levels for what works out to be about 27p each.) Didn't get a chance to play them though - was knackered - so I'm looking forward to playing them tonight :D

Offline jman

« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2012, 05:26:01 PM »
Let me know if its worth downloading as I havent done so yet... been playing Bulletstorm instead... I was wrong about this game... I played the demo and thought it was crap... but I'm actually enjoying it a bit more as Im progressing.. it is very linear though.. feels claustraphobic playing it after crackdown 2.. it also feels weird as the game is first person but your character cant jump.. you cant jump in gears too.. but that feels natural.. just feels out of place in Bulletstorm...still £3.. cant grumble...

I've just been lazing again today... I wish this pissing cold would sod off.. as much as I whinge about my job sometimes...beats sitting around doing nothing all day.. cant stand it... although I have managed to finally finish off Crackdown 2, FF-XII and Halo:CE Anniversary in the past few days which has reduced "the pile" somewhat

Also WOW on a console would be stupid... unless they implement it so console gamers can play with pc gamers... which wont happen.. so the servers wont be very full... plus.. how many people would be interested in WOW.. and not already be a member or played it already... cant be that many....it will means there wont be hardly anyone to play with on the console servers.. which means the game becomes crap, boring and a total grindfest... and it will most definitely be subscription based.. no reason to think why it wont.

Offline harv

« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2012, 12:23:12 AM »
Lol, it's a big coup and you all know it, and of course it will be subscription based...it's not the first time that a title on a Nintendo console has needed a subscription after all. And if it does end up being true, along with the other titles in the list, it means that the Nintendo Network infrastructure is not only sound but also will have a major 1Up on both Live and SEN - full Steam support.

We'll have to wait and see I guess. ;)

Edit: Finally managed to complete that RAID level I was stuck on but only managed an A grade. Think I'll have to level up Jill Valentine a couple more times and use a bigger gun or three before I can get an S grade. I'm not too sure which of Mercenaries or RAID I prefer tbh, they're both excellent...I'd love Resident Evil 6 to have both I think. Revelations is the best Resident Evil title I've played since Code Veronica, certainly puts Resident Evil 5 to shame. 8)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:11:32 AM by harv »

Offline Late

« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »
Quote from: jman on March 21, 2012, 05:26:01 PM
Let me know if its worth downloading as I havent done so yet...
Had a quick go or three of the first level last night. Seems I'm rusty - I was rubbish. Need to replay the original campaign I think.
The level had a portal look to it, but no GLADoS. She probably turns up in a later level, but can't say how much she's in, of course. Conversations between her and your computer guide should be great - but all I've seen so far is pretty much just another regular level.
Haven't tried Bulletstorm yet, but glad to hear it's playable. Have shifted it to the top of the pile.

Quote from: harv on March 22, 2012, 12:23:12 AM
Lol, it's a big coup and you all know it...
Yeah, we're all super excited about it really, but lying to you. It's a big conspiracy.

Harv, if you wanted to play WoW you'd have it on the pc - as countless millions do. I don't imagine many wouldn't want to scrap their character and fork out several hundred pounds so they can start afresh on a new platform.
And if you're not interested in WoW, as is the case with myself, there's no way you're going to dash out to get the new machine so you can play a game you don't want on a console you don't want. If you think Warcraft, or any other game you've mentioned, is going to sell the console you're deluding yourself.

Steam support is a separate issued, and I'm sure the U isn't the only next gen console that'll have it.

Balls. Edited in error.
Managed to retrieve the post, but can't be arsed to sort the bbcode out...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:15:53 PM by Late »

Offline harv

« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2012, 08:56:39 AM »
I didn't say I was interested in it, but if it happens then it could be huge for Activision. It could be the boost that the franchise needs. And the U controller is ideal for RPGs and MMOs too. And who's to say that characters can't be transferred from one SKU to the other..? It's all username and password based, all the U SKU needs is to share the same fields in the server database and you can switch from one to the other. But you're more likely to have new subscribers anyway, there must be millions of console gamers that don't use their PC to play games for various reasons.

As for full Steam support next gen we'll have to wait and see, particularly for the 720. Developers find the restrictions that Microsoft impose on them a right pain in the arse, and SEN can be a pain too (although nowhere near as bad as Live to be fair) apparently. Developers and publishers have been singing the praises of the openness of the NiN.

Christ on a bike, iPlayer has only just been available on Live and it's been on the Wii since 2009 lol.

Most importantly, those titles being available for digital distribution is a sign that they're taking their online infrastructure responsibilities seriously...assuming that this rumour is true of course.

Offline jman

« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2012, 09:56:02 AM »
How is the U controller ideal for MMOs... that can only come from someone who has never played an MMO in their life... keyboard with macros beats any controller any day of the week...

Dont forget that WOW is also something like 15-20gb too... so you'll have to buy a dedicated hd to play it on the Wii U
Not only that, but the servers will be empty unless they implement cross-platform play which is unlikely.
You also wont be able to mod WOW on a console... a massive disadvantage and why wouldnt WOW already be on consoles if they wanted there?
Blizzard are already in the process of making a new IP for Q4 next year... and J. Allen Brack.. lead producer of the game recently said.. "I think it's unlikely that WoW comes to the consoles"

And finally if the source was reliable.. you'd expect them to spell Activision correctly...  ::) ::)

Thought you'd know better than to listen to (what are quite obvious fake) rumours... now where did that that thread about the Wii and all of its bollocks rumours go ???

Offline harv

« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2012, 10:59:53 AM »
We don't know how much flash storage the U is going to have, 32GB is quite possible these days. And someone that is likely to buy the likes of WoW is likely to have a spare hard drive handy anyway. And the U also has the advantage that you won't be forced to buy an overpriced proprietry drive, any USB drive will do...although I'm personally hoping for a USB 3.0 connection but it'll add a bit more to the production cost.

Like I've said, we'll have to wait and see but Counter Strike is likely to come to the U anyway assuming that the rumours about Steam are correct.

Any game that requires a character to level up, involves any sort of inventory handling, weapon and armour allocation is ideal for the touchscreen. Of course a keyboard would be preferable but we're talking about WoW on a console. ;) Like I've said, RPGs and MMOs are going to benefit from having a touchscreen, this has been proven by Monster Hunter 3G on the 3DS in Japan.

Offline jman

« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2012, 10:23:38 PM »
Apparently Sega have been sitting on an hd remake of shenmue for a year now, and also has a shenmue 2 hd remake done, but are discussing whether there will be a shenmue 3 before they release them, sounds baloney to me, but if they do have the remakes done, get them released already!!!

Offline harv

« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2012, 02:57:59 AM »
Whoops, Game have now gone into administration. Surprised it didn't happen years ago tbh. :-\

Offline jman

« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2012, 09:03:20 AM »
Haven't tried Bulletstorm yet, but glad to hear it's playable. Have shifted it to the top of the pile.

Yeah its good.. the game is basic.. go from point A to point B.. with a few different types of collectibles to look out for.  The environment is of the type that you cant destroy and it also has invisible walls so you cant jump off cliffs for example.. (you cant jump at all)... but the most annoying thing is how 99% of the environment is used as obstacles for you to go round... because you cant jump, anything that is not connected to the floor cant be accessed.. anything that looks small enough to jump.. cant be jumped.. so basically you always feel like your being funneled through the game.. its exactly like FF XIII ..so you'll understand why FF XIII got such low scores when you play Bulletstorm.. the linearity kills a lot of the fun...its forgivable for a 6-8 hour FPS.. but not a 40-60 hour RPG !!!  Also I've had problems with getting stuck on environment.

The best bit of bulletstorm is that as you progress you find a leash which bonds to you and they try to explain that this leash is grading you, blah blah blah... basically trying to make a story as to why you have a hud on screen.. unnecessary really.. but anyway... once you get your hud.. you also get access to weapon scoring.. so for different types of kills you get scored, the more points you get, the better guns/bullets you can buy.. and if you kill an enemy in a certain way with a certain weapon.. these are called skillshots... there are 131 I think... and the idea is to get them all before the end of the game...some are bloody tricky to get.. (took me ages to shoot someone in the balls with a sniper lol)... and some are best to get in certain areas.. which I only realised half way through the game lol... Im finding it quite addictive to try and get them all though.

...Im hoping when I finish the game, if I start again, it wont reset all my skillshots.. otherwise I dont think I can be arsed to play it a 2nd time through... I could be tempted to play it on the hardest difficulty afterwards regardless though as the plot is quite stupid (in a good way) and it doesnt take itself seriously and I've found that casual approach quite refreshing to play.  Im quite suprised Epic sold over a million copies of this game though and didnt make a profit on it though... its a shame EA published it because I would probably of tried out the multiplayer had my online pass code not already of been used... bloody online pass codes are just ridiculous..