https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662805 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1800 on: May 19, 2013, 10:01:23 AM »
No great loss, the touchscreen was a poor substitute for pointer controls anyway. Hopefully Konami are going to do something decent with Pro Evo. It's been the better football game for years in terms of realism anyway thanks to pointer controls. A hybrid of pointer controls and the touchscreen allowing on-the-fly changes to tactics will be awesome, hopefully they're going to continue with pointer controls.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline bealec

« Reply #1801 on: May 19, 2013, 03:54:15 PM »
Pro Evo hasn't been the better football game for years. FIFA has eclipsed it.

Offline harv

« Reply #1802 on: May 19, 2013, 04:54:35 PM »
Depends on what you want from a football game mate. If you want realistic football then go for the Wii SKU of Pro Evo, if you want shite AI and players not making realistic runs down the right channels then go for FIFA. Since the Wii SKU of Pro Evo implemented pointer controls it pisses all over FIFA in terms of it being a sim. Any goal you see on Match Of The Day can be created in Pro Evo with a bit of skill. Your attacking options are far superior.

Unfortunately it doesn't translate well to a second screen so I'm hoping Konami keep the pointer controls for the Wii U SKU of Pro Evo.

FIFA is more of an arcade game in comparison tbh.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1803 on: May 19, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »
Agree Chris. Pro Evo has been dogshite since about Pro Evo 6. FIFA is the king of football simulation.

Offline harv

« Reply #1804 on: May 19, 2013, 10:29:52 PM »
The AI isn't anywhere near good enough for it to realistically be referred to as a simulation. I guess it's the closest you're going to get on the PS3 and 360 though. All you need to do is watch a real football match and then play FIFA to see how bad it is. Unfortunately I can see Konami ditching pointer controls for the Wii U. >:(

You simply don't have enough attacking options playing FIFA for it to be called a simulation, and the runs that players make aren't intelligent enough.

Offline Late

« Reply #1805 on: May 19, 2013, 10:50:20 PM »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1806 on: May 19, 2013, 11:53:13 PM »
No time for kiddy consoles bud. FIFA - best football simulation. <3

Offline harv

« Reply #1807 on: May 20, 2013, 12:48:51 AM »
You're really missing out mate, the attacking options really are ridiculous. Playing FIFA after experiencing Pro Evo with pointer controls is a major step down. You keep on wanting to click and drag players to give them decent runs off the ball lol ;D ;D ;D

Crappy AI has always been a MAJOR bugbear of mine for football games.

Offline jman

« Reply #1808 on: May 20, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »
It was only a matter of time.. harv buries head in sand again  ::)

You did buy Fifa for Wii U launch harv may I remind you.. if the Fifa franchise has been so shit for ages.. why did you buy it?  ;D 

Offline harv

« Reply #1809 on: May 20, 2013, 12:52:50 PM »
I didn't buy it in the end because the pointer controls don't translate well to a second screen. That's why I'm hoping that Pro Evo for the Wii U has hybrid controls. The advantage with touchscreen controls is that you have plenty of tactical options available without pausing the game, something that's always annoyed me with football games, particularly local multiplayer where your opponent can immediately see what changes you're making. Plus it's tiresome waiting for your opponent to finish fucking about and restart the game.

Offline styles

« Reply #1810 on: May 20, 2013, 11:07:32 PM »
You don't even really own a wii u do you?!!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #1811 on: May 20, 2013, 11:53:38 PM »
Like anyone would pretend to have one.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #1812 on: May 21, 2013, 12:11:21 AM »
Like anyone would pretend to have one.

Styles has 2, one for each of his faces................. ;D ;D ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #1813 on: May 21, 2013, 07:57:17 AM »
I didn't buy it in the end because the pointer controls don't translate well to a second screen.

I see.. you did say..

Tried the FIFA 13 demo and it's not bad, the new control scheme is going to take a bit of getting used to but the option is there to play with normal controls for those that want to. Free kicks and penalties are greatly improved with the new controls, not totally sold on the new shooting though. It's more accurate but it takes a while for the brain to kick in when using it.

Graphically you can certainly notice the picth and crowd being twice the resolution compared to the PS3 and 360 SKUs, am definitely going to buy it.

;D ;D

Not that I care what Wii U games you waste your money on.. but you cant say we didnt warn you about what is happening to Nintendo and third parties.

I finished Bioshock the other night.. the ending is great.. but still feel the game is a bit of a disappointment compared to the previous two - I probably wont replay it - nor bother with 1999 mode - shame really.

Started on my backlog.. Wolfenstein up first.. dont know why I stopped playing it.. there are a few annoyances.. such as respawning enemies and the graphics arent the best.. but its not terrible to play.  Afterwards Im going to go for Eternal Sonata or FFXII-2.. get one of my many unfinished RPGs out of the way.

Offline Late

« Reply #1814 on: May 21, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »
I finished Bioshock the other night.. the ending is great.. but still feel the game is a bit of a disappointment compared to the previous two - I probably wont replay it - nor bother with 1999 mode - shame really.
Yeah, I'm about the same. Thought it was a very good game, but not as good as the first two.
I did play through it twice - to get a few bits and pieces I might've missed first time 'round. A few parts made a bit more sense second time - particularly the Lutesce (sp?) "twins" and a few quotes etc. in the first quarter of the game, that are rather vague and meaningless the first time you play.

Still thoroughly enjoying Far Cry 3. I think I'm about three quarters of the way through in most aspects (including story, relics, and hunter - but I've liberated all areas, found all memory cards, and done most of the mini-games), so there's still a good few days left in it for me.

I, too, have been toying with playing Final Fantasy XIII-2, lately. It's been sat in the pile for a long while. It's such a commitment, though - if you get into it you're in for at least fifty hours. (Which ain't as much as Far Cry 3, but I didn't know that when I started it.)