https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662796 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1815 on: May 21, 2013, 03:50:49 PM »
I pretty much forgot a lot of what I did at the start of BioInf.. but the ending made perfect sense to me... I did check on a spoiler site afterwards just to fill in the bits that maybe I had missed in the story or not understood fully.. and its a very clever plot and story...more so than I originally thought.. Im still unsure what the Handymans role in the whole story was though (if any).   The gameplay just didnt match the story though... too much concentration on gunplay rather than plasmids/vigors and on Hard mode, the enemies didnt scale with your upgrades.. they got a lot tougher for no reason at all.. one of the boss battles (near the end) was a right pain in the ass compared to the others too.  It was all too linear for me as well.. there were no puzzles at all... I'd rather they would of made the game an RPG/Puzzle/FPS with collectibles - rather than just a straight down the middle FPS with collectibles.. the AI with Elizabeth was great though and perfectly implemented I thought.

Offline Late

« Reply #1816 on: May 21, 2013, 07:59:40 PM »
Spoilers below.

Elizabeth was definitely the high point. Low point for me was the complete lack of shocks and suspense. There was one jump in the game (with a baddie appearing right behind you in the warden's office near the end) and that was predictable. And I found the ending to be a heady combination of predictable staid sci-fi and complete bollocks. Was great to see Rapture again, but that just made me miss the first two games even more.

I'm emphasising the negatives there, so it sounds like I'm down on the game, but I did enjoy the game. Very much so. Just not as much as the first two.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1817 on: May 22, 2013, 02:24:03 AM »
Apparently EA have now said that they are developing Wii U games, just not as many as they are for the PS4 and One. Looks like shareholders have been making a bit of a fuss already, wasn't expecting that until the end of the year when hardware sales are boosted by the likes of New Super Luigi U, Wii Fit, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Game & Wario, Wind Waker HD, 3D Mario and Mario Kart 8.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #1818 on: May 22, 2013, 10:02:48 AM »
Odd. They stated a few days ago that they have zero games in production.
I guess they're planning on porting one or two over to the U. They will of course be inferior.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1819 on: May 22, 2013, 10:11:16 AM »
I was expecting them to do a U-turn though, just not this quick. And of course the games will be inferior in terms of eye candy but the difference in power between the Wii U and the PS4 and One isn't that great...the PS4 is probably going to be 3 or 4 times more powerful in terms of real-world performance. You'll see the difference between PC Medium settings and PC High or Very High settings as far as eye candy goes. Most gamers won't be able to tell the difference unless seen side-by-side, your average gamer these days tends to be intelligently challenged lol :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #1820 on: May 22, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »
Indeed. Just look at how many people bought a Wii.

Offline Late

« Reply #1821 on: May 23, 2013, 03:40:35 PM »
GTA:V Special Editions have been announced.
If you've more money than sense you can have a baseball cap, a map of the city, and a few small in-game boosts.
For only $150...

Rockstar

Has the world gone stark raving mad?

Offline Late

« Reply #1822 on: May 24, 2013, 12:29:56 PM »
Speaking of special editions of games, Codemasters have set a world record for the most expensive computer game in history.
For £125'000 you can buy the "Mono Edition" of GRID 2.

Includes the game on ps3, a customised console to play it on, a day trip to a car factory, a racing suit, a crash helmet...
And a lightweight race-car that'll get you from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, and keep going until 170mph.

Stocks are limited to... erm... 1.

bac-mono

Offline harv

« Reply #1823 on: May 25, 2013, 07:46:39 PM »
One benefit of owning a Wii U is that you can play games on the GamePad whilst half watching the bollocks before football matches kick off lol ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #1824 on: May 26, 2013, 02:39:24 PM »
Finished Wolfenstein.. love killing Nazis and its not a terrible shooter, but the gameplay was a bit shallow and the graphics were a bit pants... really looking forward to the next installment though - sounds great.

Decided to move onto Eternal Sonata on my next backlogged game to get rid of... Had it for a while now... only actually did 2hr 30mins - so this will take a while to finish probably... its the most bizarre RPG I've ever played I think... Ok so its a real-time JRPG.. about that Polish musician chappy - Chopin.. whose having a dream in the hours leading up to his death.. I think there are 8 chapters.. and each chapter is based on one of his musical scores and you get brief history lessons throughout each chapter about his life all whilst walking around this dream world.. which is full of fluffy bunny rabbits, lovely flowers.. and monsters.. weird monsters.. like goats.. with wings!!  The soundtrack is very good.. but the dialogue is lousy and the graphics are too cutesy for me.. its all traditional JRPG fare so far except it all feels a bit linear.

I don't think I'll want to go onto another RPG straight after this.. so RUSE or Dishonored will be the next backlogged game after this.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 02:40:55 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #1825 on: May 30, 2013, 01:01:36 PM »
New high-capacity (2550mAh) battery for the Wii U gamepad has been announced by Nintendo Japan. Boosts capacity from current upto-4 hours to a much improved upto-8 hours. You need to unscrew the back of the gamepad but it should be straight forward.
Presumably will be released here too. Price is 3000Y + tax, so probably about £30 over here.
dealspwn

Sim City add-on "amusement park" was released yesterday - costing £7.99.
As you'd expect, there's lots of arguments that they should fix the game before bringing out premium dlc. But premium dlc brings in money, whereas fixing bugs and increasing city sizes arguably doesn't (though it would likely increase sales).
origin

Offline Late

« Reply #1826 on: May 30, 2013, 04:45:23 PM »
EA announced a while back that they're scrapping online passes. It now seems they're backdating the policy, somewhat.
So if you have a second hand copy of one of EA's back-catalogue you may be able to get an online pass for it for free.

The following are reportedly reduced to free, from today:
Alice: Madness Returns - American McGee's Alice (was 800msp)
Bad Company 2 VIP (was 800msp)
Bulletstorm Online Pass (was 800msp)
Dragon Age: Origins - The Stone Prisoner (was 1200msp)
Dragon Age 2: The Black Emporium (was 800msp)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Online Pass (was 800msp)
Mass Effect 2: Cerberus Network (was 1200msp)
Medal of Honor Online Pass (was 800msp)
SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED™ ONLINE PASS (was 800msp)
Skate 3: Skate Share Pack (was 800msp)

neogaf

Offline harv

« Reply #1827 on: May 30, 2013, 04:57:36 PM »
That's cool, Nyko are also releasing one too. Think I might get 2 and always have one charged one handy. Think the Nyko one has 3 times as much use too, although I could be remembering wrong.

Offline stupac

« Reply #1828 on: May 31, 2013, 12:40:07 AM »
Not really looked into the PS4 much since the first reveal conference. Do we know when it's release date is yet?

I won't be getting it straight away as there is still a lot of games I want to play on PS3. But I haven't really played anything else in ages as I am still so into Skyrim lol.

Not getting FIFA 14 either as I got so bored and frustrated with 13 so might just leave it and get 15 on the PS4.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1829 on: May 31, 2013, 02:57:34 AM »
Beat all the Shift 2 DLC to get that game back to 100% again...Just in time for Grid 2, which I'm expecting to be excellent...Grid is still the best racing game on the Playstation 3, imo, so really can't wait for the second game.

Also been bashing out Hitman 2 over the last few weeks...Picked up the HD trilogy for £14.99...Really can't go wrong for that price when you get 3 of the best games released on the Playstation 2...About half way through Hitman 2 currently, still as brilliant as I remember it and really having a blast going through it all again, so the other 2 games on the disc should deliver similar quality. Highly recommended, even if you've played the originals like I have.