https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662703 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1830 on: May 31, 2013, 08:14:52 AM »
Just found out Sega are remaking probably one of the best Disney game ever made - Castle of Illusion - Announcement Trailer

Not sure how I feel about this tbh... the original was pretty awesome and revolutionary.. I dont see what they will get out of re-making it... although I do admit I might download it - just for the nostalgia.

Other awesome Disney Games from years gone by :

World of Illusion (GEN)
Aladdin (GEN)
Lion King (GEN)
Ducktales (NES)
..and my personal favourite - Quackshot (GEN)

Offline Late

« Reply #1831 on: May 31, 2013, 10:26:13 AM »
Not really looked into the PS4 much since the first reveal conference. Do we know when it's release date is yet?

We don't have dates, but we're looking at November/December this year.
They originally said it'll be out in 2013, but didn't say in which countries/regions - so there was lots of speculation it'd be out in the States late in 2013 but might not hit Europe until early 2014. However Sony recently started a press campaign in the UK specifying "Coming 2013".
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline bealec

« Reply #1832 on: May 31, 2013, 12:40:12 PM »
My dad brought round my old SNES at the weekend. Fired it up last night. Impressed my girlfriend with my Mario kart skills. Gunna let the boy have a go at the weekend. Gotta love the classics.

Offline Late

« Reply #1833 on: May 31, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »
Be warned - he'll just laugh at you and the console for being so old  :(
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1834 on: May 31, 2013, 02:08:48 PM »
Super Metroid was released in the eShop as part of their VC promotion for 30p. First time I've played a 2D Metroid and it's pretty impressive, makes you realise what a great job Retro did with Metroid Prime. And the graphics were amazing for its time too, you guys mentioning the SNES made me think about it. Think that's the last of the 30p jobs now though unfortunately. :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1835 on: May 31, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
Took them long enough!!!

Can't wait to see what the Homebrew community comes up with in 3D. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #1836 on: June 01, 2013, 02:28:44 AM »
Playing sleeping dogs for about 3 hours and pretty sure I've seen around 80% of what the game has to offer, I like it, makes me really want to play shenmue again though  :(

Offline bealec

« Reply #1837 on: June 01, 2013, 11:24:06 AM »
Be warned - he'll just laugh at you and the console for being so old  :(

He wasn't impressed by the old style Mario 3 graphics.

Offline jman

« Reply #1838 on: June 03, 2013, 09:53:52 AM »
Think I'll be going for 100% achievement on Sleeping Dogs.. its not the longest game in the world, but its fun... am about 70% through the whole game I reckon.. but the Gold Stat achievement is going to be the biggest timewasting bugger - will leave that till last.

Offline jman

« Reply #1839 on: June 03, 2013, 04:56:14 PM »
Other awesome Disney Games from years gone by :

Ducktales (NES)

Hah.. just realised they are remastering this game for a summer release on all consoles  too - awesome!

Offline jman

« Reply #1840 on: June 05, 2013, 11:25:37 AM »
Cockfighting is such bollocks in Sleeping Dogs.. its totally rigged!

Anyway, finished the main game last night.. did all security cameras & health shrines too and 70% through all the lockboxes, got 15 of 30 gold stats... so theres about 3-5 hours of gameplay left in this before I start on Tomb Raider.. good game.. well worth a go before GTA5 comes out.

Offline Late

« Reply #1841 on: June 05, 2013, 12:23:01 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone sees GTA as untouchable tbh. I totally love the franchise, but it's not like they own the genre.
Gta4 wasn't that good, and several outsiders (including Saints Row 2, and Sleeping Dogs) have come out of nowhere and looked eminently capable of taking the crown.

That said, I'm still looking forward to GTA-V ;)

Still working my way through Darksiders 2. I won't be doing all the side quests etc. Its a good game, but I'm struggling to resist the urge to put Tomb Raider into the machine. And if I take this game out I doubt it'll get put back in...

Offline bealec

« Reply #1842 on: June 05, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »
I put GTA4 back in for a play the other week and after playing Saints Row it just seemed so slow and clunky. Saints Row also looks better.

I'll definitely get the new GTA but they need to step up to compete with Saints Row.

Offline jman

« Reply #1843 on: June 05, 2013, 01:57:53 PM »
GTA4 wasnt that good ?? lol - did you really just say that ???

Ahh.. cant believe what Im hearing here.. GTA rules the roost in open-sandbox games for a very good reason - its the best.. the creme de la menthe.. this is why Harv will be gutted when he cant play it on his Wii U.  ;D

Sleeping Dogs (for me) is the closest a game has come to ever getting near the GTA games.. I have to admit, the fighting and gunplay were great in it, and I loved going round Hong Kong instead of somewhere set in America.. but the game had no tricks up its sleeve in terms of being creative and the storyline was quite disjointed in places, plus the Triad storyline has been done to death - the gameplay was great.. but ultimately the whole game is a little too short and its all been done before (by GTA!)

Saints Row was fun.. but ultimately just a silly send-up to GTA.. I cant say I prefer anything SR does over anything GTA does at all.

Offline Late

« Reply #1844 on: June 05, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »
I found Nico Bellend and his brother (I forget his name) to be utterly annoying characters, the missions very repetitive, the cover system horrendous - and whilst the map was huge and fantastic it was a lot less interactive than its predecessors. The buildings were all just walls - there were less that you could enter. Sure, eating and working out were nothing but silly diversions in SA, but I missed silly diversions like that in gta4.
And damn but it was glitchy!

Despite all its flaws, I loved it - I just didn't think it anywhere near add good as it should have been. The GTA games have always been a lot better than their predecessors, but I'm not sure 4 was.
I'd be hard pressed to say which is the better, from gta4, sr2, and sleeping dogs. All three were great games. Which is why I say saints row or sleeping dogs could easily usurp GTA's throne if they played their cards right. (Except SR decided to go a different route, unfortunately, with 3 being ridiculous and 4 going even further :( ).