https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662887 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1935 on: July 13, 2013, 11:43:35 PM »
Hopefully my copy of Rocksmith is going to arrive tomorrow, can't wait. Apparently Ubisoft have fixed some of the major issues that people had with it in a couple of patches, and I've downloaded all of the DLC so far lol. There's also around 1500 custom songs that some very kind people have done for free which is great! 8)

Think I might have to buy at least one bit of DLC for the custom songs to work but will try the pirated DLC first lol :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #1936 on: July 15, 2013, 02:33:27 PM »
Some of the guys on another forum I frequent were talking about how Toad, the mushroom chap (or is he a toadstool, actually, given his name?) from the Mario games is taken for granted but is always ridiculously cheerful no matter how much he's abused - but joking about the possibility of him one day having enough and turning.

Inspired me to change my emblem on Black Ops 2:

I think I spend nearly as much time on the emblem editor as actually playing multiplayer. Spent hours doing my current emblem (current until I made the Toad one, anyway), which is a Star Wars Deathstar - and I'm still not completely happy with it. Keep going back into it to edit a few bits here and there...

Fired up Final Fantasy XIII-2 yesterday. Has been sat on the shelf in it's cellophane for about half a year. I loved the older FF games but don't like the real time battles they've had lately. Was also put off slightly by having not played FF-XIII, so not really knowing the backstory, but I think I know what's happening - they do have a "previously on Final Fantasy" type thing at the start of the game.
Aside from the absence of turn-based battles the game's looking pretty good from what I've seen so far. Beautiful graphics, likeable characters, workable (if slightly bewildering) scenario, straight-forward skill-tree, etc.
But the battles being a major part of the game, I'm not totally settled in, yet. Will stick with it, and hopefully will start to enjoy it more once I'm more familiar with the battles (which, so far, seem to mainly be just keep pushing "A" for auto-battle until you've won).

(Edit - dayum, turns out I bought FFXIII-2 well over a year ago, perhaps closer to eighteen months ago. Had no idea it'd been in the pile that long, lol.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:42:16 PM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1937 on: July 15, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »
Funnily enough I was debating whether to start FFXII-2 up last night too.. it was that.. or do a re-run through Lost Odyssey going for the full achievement list (only 3 missing).. I ended up doing neither.. but I think I'll be re-starting my game on FFXII-2 this week sometime as I can then sell it.

Offline Late

« Reply #1938 on: July 15, 2013, 04:55:45 PM »
Yeah, I've been thinking about shifting some games lately.
Catalogued all my xbox 360 games on Saturday (around 120 boxes, if memory serves), and checked prices for cash and for credit on Game and on CEX.
If I use game's price guarantee (which might be a chew as you have to prove prices at a rival store but you can't use internet prices) then I could be on for around £600-£700 of store credit, which would set me right up for the next gen - even though I've always said I won't buy a console early next gen.

I do worry, though, about the possibility of game going bust in the next 5 months and me being left with a worthless piece of plastic instead of a store card with £650 on it...

Could do ebay, of course, but it's too much hassle and probably wouldn't get me any more after postage and fees etc.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1939 on: July 15, 2013, 05:24:57 PM »
Well I've sold about 60 games on ebay now and cleared just over £300 on them.. most of the games were fairly old though... if your going for store credit then retail is probably the best way to go.. otherwise ebay will net you a lot more than what they offer you in cash... for instance.. I got offered 98p for my copy of Mass Effect from Game.. it sold on ebay for £6.50

But you'd have to have a lot of time AND patience for ebay.. so many time-wasters and dickheads on there.. and ebay always favours the buyer.. which is just stupid, it gives buyers the freedom to be complete arseholes.. and as a seller there's nothing you can do apart from bend over and take it.

However, you could test the water on ebay and do a 20 game job lot say... set a reserve up and see how it goes.. would mean only one p&p cost and if you send recorded delivery then there's much a buyer can do if they lie about not receiving it...plus I always overcharge on the postage costs anyway - sure, the final value you might get might not be as high if you offered free p&p, but ebay only take their 10% fee from the final value fee minus any postage costs..... it would cost a small amount to list it.. and if it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell.. but having cash in hand is much better than having store credit.

Offline harv

« Reply #1940 on: July 15, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »
No Rocksmith yet :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #1941 on: July 16, 2013, 12:04:07 AM »
Well I've sold about 60 games on ebay now and cleared just over £300 on them.. most of the games were fairly old though... if your going for store credit then retail is probably the best way to go.. otherwise ebay will net you a lot more than what they offer you in cash... for instance.. I got offered 98p for my copy of Mass Effect from Game.. it sold on ebay for £6.50

But you'd have to have a lot of time AND patience for ebay.. so many time-wasters and dickheads on there.. and ebay always favours the buyer.. which is just stupid, it gives buyers the freedom to be complete arseholes.. and as a seller there's nothing you can do apart from bend over and take it.

However, you could test the water on ebay and do a 20 game job lot say... set a reserve up and see how it goes.. would mean only one p&p cost and if you send recorded delivery then there's much a buyer can do if they lie about not receiving it...plus I always overcharge on the postage costs anyway - sure, the final value you might get might not be as high if you offered free p&p, but ebay only take their 10% fee from the final value fee minus any postage costs..... it would cost a small amount to list it.. and if it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell.. but having cash in hand is much better than having store credit.

The one thing that always fnarg'd me off about selling on Ebay was when people used to snipe auctions...I understand now that you have things like maximum bid, but it never used to be like that years ago...People could swoop on an auction last second and nip the item for a guarenteed lesser price, especially if the previous bidder wasn't watching the final countdown...Great for buyers, horrible for sellers!

Offline jman

« Reply #1942 on: July 16, 2013, 08:16:42 AM »
The fact they took the ability for buyers to leave negative feedback on sellers is what is most annoying.. if a buyer fucks you around.. you want to leave appropriate feedback... I guess it got abused too much from buyers though.. but there must be a better system than only allowing buyers to leave positive feedback for sellers. 

For instance, I've set on a few of my auctions, that I don't accept cash on collection.. I get a guy who messaged me to ask if I accepted cash on collection to which I reply no... but he buys 3 items and then messages me to discuss when he can come pick them up.. I said, he cant, but I'll send them out 1st class asap... apparently that wouldn't be quick enough... so not only does it refuse to buy the items, he wont mutually terminate the transaction and so I have to wait a week before I can get my ebay fees back - and then I have to spend more time re-listing and selling them - that guy is a shit buyer, but I cant tell the ebay community that.. no, all I get told to do by ebay is to add him to my banned buyers list. 

Offline Late

« Reply #1943 on: July 16, 2013, 10:57:27 AM »
One of many reasons I'd prefer to just walk into a shop and get a load of credit - assuming it's a place where I'd get use from some store credit.

It's impossible to say how much you'd get from ebay, but I checked recent prices for about 10-15 games and most of them (including p&p) were going for about £1-£2 more than you'd get in credit at CEX. In that case I'd actually be better off using Game's price guarantee to beat cex by a quid, plus I save on hassle. I'd have to devote a saturday to it (or take a day off), but I'd shift eighty games or so in one fell swoop.

Offline Late

« Reply #1944 on: July 16, 2013, 03:12:54 PM »
Xbox "Games with Gold":
Get two free games a month with Xbox Live Gold. 2 games a month, available 1st and 16th of each month.

I'm sure everyone played it years ago, but if you've never experienced Assassin's Creed 2 and you have a Gold account you can now download it for free. I'd imagine you can find it through your xbox dashboard (hopefully they'll make it fairly prominent at some point, but I wouldn't bet my life on it). Alternatively you can queue it to your xbox from your pc, here.

So far this free games promotion has had two games, and I already own both. I'm not exactly being blown away here, Microsoft...

Offline harv

« Reply #1945 on: July 16, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »
Yup, the PSN games are much better imo.

Missed the bloomin postman today with my copy of Rocksmith which was too big for my letterbox...you're supposed to wait 24 hours before picking it up at the Sorting Office which is a pain, might go down there close to closing to see if I can pick it up then. Hope so! 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #1946 on: July 16, 2013, 07:46:17 PM »
Got it!!! Had a quick go and it's not too bad. going to take a bit of getting used to though I think. First song is Satisfaction by the Stones, there's a tiny bit of lag but will mess around with the settings later and be able to get rid of that.

Have had a look at the DLCand seen that BB King's The Thrill Is Gone is there, have always loved that song and have downloaded all of the DLC from TPB so will get that sorted out soon. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #1947 on: July 17, 2013, 01:08:05 AM »
New trailer for Sonic here, looking great so far! 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #1948 on: July 17, 2013, 04:13:44 PM »
Got through the first two songs accurately enough to do my first gig (playing those two songs) and got an encore. Have sorted the audio lag but need to fiddle about a bit more to sort out the video lag. I guess that's part of the benefits (no audio lag unlike the console SKUs) and disadvantages (everyone's PC is different so you need to adjust settings to suit the power of your hardware) of playing the PC SKU. 8)

Once I get the video lag nailed it should be plain sailing though, just wish it wasn't so hot though because I'm sweating buckets and it's difficult to concentrate. Also have to make sure I'm keeping tabs on my sugar levels too because if I'm trying to concentrate on something when I start having a hypo and start making mistakes or am unable to have the thought processes to do something correctly then I don't realise I'm having a hypo and try and carry on. Which is very dangerous, I could end up in a coma if I'm not careful :o :-\ :o

Fucking hate this weather >:( >:( >:(

Offline Late

« Reply #1949 on: July 17, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »
We're all cursed.
You hate playing computer games in this weather; I hate going to work in this weather.