https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663042 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1950 on: July 17, 2013, 06:05:29 PM »
I hate doing anything in this weather. ::)

It was a great deal worse when I was working at Eidos, the air conditioning was fucked and we were working in temperatures up to 88 degrees. They only got it fixed because I sxent a blanket email to my entire department listing the symptoms of heat exhaustion and hyperthermia, suggested that anyone that had these symptoms should sue and BCCed the email to a Mickey Mouse hotmail address so that it looked like it was being sent to either a solicitor or Health & Safety.

That's a hot tip for anyone composing a complaint email, a BCC fires the imaginations of the people being complained to - gotta love paranoia 8) :P 8)

The air conditioning was fixed the next day ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #1951 on: July 17, 2013, 06:06:49 PM »
lol, you should hear yourself sometimes harv.. its a sorry state of affairs when you think about it.. your quite happy to go to the extent of playing a computer game so much that it "could" put your life in danger.. yet you cant bear to think about trying a back to work scheme in case it "could" put your life in danger..

Offline harv

« Reply #1952 on: July 17, 2013, 06:23:54 PM »
Playing Rocksmith isn't putting my life in danger. It's hardly strenuous activity...I'm playing my guitar in the comfort of my armchair. ::) It's the heat that's putting my life in danger, and does do every Summer whether I'm working or not. ;)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #1953 on: July 17, 2013, 07:18:02 PM »
Have just played Satisfaction with 94%accuracy...a piss easy song to play but sod it - I'm proud of myself lol :-[ :P ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #1954 on: July 19, 2013, 01:14:37 AM »
I now own only approx 25 Xbox games, having shifted 101 games.
But I have around £500 credit for Game (and have around £20 on my reward card).
Next gen here I come! Still not sure which machine I want, mind. I'm leaning more towards ps4 but could go for either tbh.

(So much for my plans to wait until next summer...)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #1955 on: July 19, 2013, 08:42:04 PM »
Nice.. wouldn't of wanted to get stuck behind you in the queue  ;D

Bet your "shelf" looks weird now..

I know pre-orders for both machines are running low in some places.. although I'm not 100% sure which shops they are.

I'll be doing another load of selling when I get back from me hols.. need to be ruthless with some games... might as well sell all my spare HDs/joypads/headsets aswell.

Offline harv

« Reply #1956 on: July 19, 2013, 09:32:59 PM »
Going to be interesting to see how much each one sells before the New Year.

What are your guesstimates..?

I'm going for 1.7m for the PS4 and 1.2m for the One.

As a point of reference the 360 sold 1.5m from release until 31st December and the PS3 did 1.7m.

Offline jman

« Reply #1957 on: July 19, 2013, 10:09:05 PM »
The 360 & PS3 both suffered from horrendous stock problems straight after launch though.. they would of both sold far more.. well the 360 certainly.  Either way.. with your predictions on how much the Wii U would sell in the first year being absolutely miles off.. I'm pretty sure your guesstimates can be taken with a pinch of salt... the PS4 will easily outsell the X1 at launch worldwide and I reckon they will be more than 500k in it by Christmas.  Both consoles will of outsold the Wii U by Easter I reckon  ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #1958 on: July 19, 2013, 10:51:56 PM »
The 360 & PS3 both suffered from horrendous stock problems straight after launch though.. they would of both sold far more.. well the 360 certainly.  Either way.. with your predictions on how much the Wii U would sell in the first year being absolutely miles off.. I'm pretty sure your guesstimates can be taken with a pinch of salt... the PS4 will easily outsell the X1 at launch worldwide and I reckon they will be more than 500k in it by Christmas.  Both consoles will of outsold the Wii U by Easter I reckon  ;)

All consoles suffer from supply constraints at launch. Releasing a console is a logistical nightmare, pretty much everything is done at the last minute.

As for outselling the Wii U by Easter you're not taking into account the software on the way. The ridiculous software drought is over at the end of this month. July - Pikmin 3, August - The Wonderful 101, September - Wii U Play, October - Wind Waker HD, November - Donkey Kong and the two big guns in December - Super Mario 3D World and Wii Fit U.

The Wii U having an installed userbase over 8m before the end of the year is very doable - 4m sold already, 1m between now and 31st October and 3m between 1st November and the 31st December.

Sony and Microsoft won't be able to ship more than 2m consoles each, let alone sell them. And you're forgetting about another very big gun being released in April - Mario Kart 8 - which is going to give the Wii U a nice sales boost, even if the likes of Yarn Yoshi, SMT x Fire Emblem, X and Bayonetta 2 aren't released before then to keep sales momentum going after the New Year.

It's going to take years for Sony and Microsoft to catch up, just look at how much an advantage just a 5.5m lead a year's head start gave Microsoft with the 360 last gen. The Wii only overtook it because it was a ridiculous sales phenomenon and I can't see the PS4 or One emulating that sort of success.

Offline Late

« Reply #1959 on: July 19, 2013, 10:56:17 PM »
Nice.. wouldn't of wanted to get stuck behind you in the queue  ;D

Bet your "shelf" looks weird now..

Was arguing prices with the manager for quarter of an hour, then it took him about an hour to scan them all in. He had two others printing labels ready to stock then all on the shelves. All in all I took up a good few hours for three of the four staff ;)

Our lass it's happy that the shelves are a lot tidier now.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1960 on: July 20, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »
Have now unlocked Day of The Chordead in the Guitarcade and it's awesome lol. You get zombies shuffling towards you and you have to play the right chord to shoot them with machine guns. Awesome lol. I can see myself playing this loads, just the right thing to toughen up my fingers and get used to changing chords again. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #1961 on: July 22, 2013, 01:43:25 PM »
Omfg, the latest rumour is that Nintendo are planning on buying Atlus :o

Fucking hell, the Nerd-Rage if SMT and Persona are 3DS/Wii U exclusive is going to make the Nerd-Rage seen following the Bayonetta 2 announcement seem like a picnic lololol :o ;D :P

Going to be interesting to see what happens during these next few months.

Not too bothered who gets them myself, although I will be sorry to see the Wii U not getting a Trauma Center game if Sony or Microsoft end up picking them up. I love that franchise.

Offline Late

« Reply #1962 on: July 22, 2013, 04:01:44 PM »
"omfg" is a bit of an exaggeration is it not?

Nintendo may or may not be buying a bankrupt company that most folk have never heard of, who make loads of Japanese games that nobody's heard of, and mainly just release on Nintendo consoles anyway.

It's not even close to an "omfg"...

Offline harv

« Reply #1963 on: July 22, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
It most certainly is an 'omfg' moment if it happens, you're going to see loads more Nerd-Rage than we saw with Bayonetta 2 if any one of Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft buy them. I'd say that Nintendo would be favourites though considering that SMT x Fire Emblem is coming next year. Can't see either Sony or Microsoft wanting to fulfill that contract obligation on a rival platform.

Offline Late

« Reply #1964 on: July 22, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »
But Bayonetta was wank...