https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662827 times)

Offline AVFCRoss

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1995 on: August 05, 2013, 05:22:46 PM »
Platinum'd Sleeping Dogs, excellent game, I can see why many people gave it a sleeper pick for GOTY in 2012.

Story is excellent, both combat and gun-fighting is well implemented, tons of varied activities to do across the open world and the graphics, especially during cutscenes, are superb.

Only big critisism is that there weren't that many story missions. which makes it too short, imo...30 is a little bit underwhelming for a game where you have to make a direct comparison to GTA, which has boasted games with up to 100 story missions before, along with all the extra content too...Completed everything in just over 35 hours...Again, a bit dissapointing for an open world game really, but it is still a great game, free for PS+ subscribers at the moment, which is no a brainer for anyone deliberating.

Offline harv

« Reply #1996 on: August 09, 2013, 06:30:12 PM »
Just one word necessary after playing The Wonderful 101 demo: AWESOME.

I can see this being a possible GOTY contender, Platinum Games at their best. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #1997 on: August 10, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »
Kamiya was certainly right about replay value for The Wonderful 101, there are a fair few secret missions hidden, hidden characters, and times and medals to beat. Even without the secret missions and characters I'm doomed to play the crap out of the game just to beat my medals and times. I tend to get OCD about such things but I'm much worse with driving games, with driving games I tend to have a death grip on the controller and get cramps in my hands lol :-[ :P :-[
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #1998 on: August 10, 2013, 08:18:47 PM »
Forgot to provide a link to the awesome trailer released yesterday for the game. But be warned - Wonder Black being black and break dancing and Wonder Pink being a hornbat with a whip is, apparently, racist and sexist according to some. You really couldn't make it up lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D

Best trailer I've seen in a while myself. 8)

Offline styles

« Reply #1999 on: August 14, 2013, 10:40:36 AM »
finally turned the PS3 back on after months and months.  Fired in Batman Arkham City.  I know the look of the game is supposed to be dark and foreboding but it's been overdone in my opinion.  Loved Arkham Asylum and played it to copmpletion, not sure how long I'll stick with this.  If the story isn't too long I'll finish it.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #2000 on: August 14, 2013, 11:18:34 AM »
Thought it was a cracking game personally.
There's loads more to do than in the first game, but it's mainly optional stuff. The main story is about the same length as it's predecessor.

Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline styles

« Reply #2001 on: August 15, 2013, 09:03:15 AM »
cheers mate, stuck already lol
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #2002 on: August 15, 2013, 09:55:37 AM »
You're really going to resist the urge to collect all the Joker trophies? You've got willpower!

The fourth and final DLC pack for COD Blops 2 comes out next week on xbox. (I'd imagine on pc and ps3 about a month later.).
Arguably their laziest map pack ever. They always have four multiplayer maps, but from time to time one of the four will be an updated version of an old map. Which I don't really mind, as it's usually a good map - just with a new skin. This time they're including 2 new maps and 2 "reimagined fan favourites" (old maps)...
And of course there's a new zombie map. Steampunk ww2 themed.
If I didn't have the season pass I'd probably buy this map pack (perhaps as a farewell to COD for a while - I'm not sure if I'll be buying COD:Ghosts). But I did get the season pass, so I'll be all over this as soon as it's available :D

Reminder to xbox users. Points are being phased out in the next dashboard update - future purchases will be in local currencies. Any points you have on your account at that point (expected late August or early September, I think) will be converted to local currency equal to or better than the going rate.
Or that's the spiel. Lots of folk on the Beta of the latest dash reported they had enough points to buy a certain game and had been weighing up the decision, but then their UI changed to £sterling and suddenly they didn't have enough to buy it. They'd lost around a quarter of their balance due to a combination of the points being changed at an unfavourable rate and xbla prices going up slightly.
MS announced it was a glitch and those people would be reimbursed what they'd lost. That's why we have Betas. (Fair point.)
I've got 3730 msp on my account (probably cost around £27, but face value is around £31). I'll be interested to see what my £ balance is after the update.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2003 on: August 15, 2013, 10:18:36 AM »
I just realised they are creating a new version of Zoo Tycoon for the X360 & X1 - WINNING!!  Me & the missus love those games.. and I'm a big fan of any type of sim games :D  Looking at the graphics.. its definitely been updated lol.. hopefully the scenarios wont be a complete copy and paste from the pc game though.

Offline harv

« Reply #2004 on: August 15, 2013, 12:22:16 PM »
The demo of Rayman Legends is now available for the PC, PS3 and 360. The Murphy parts that uses the touchscreen on the Wii U have replaced the touchscreen use with button presses which really don't work anywhere near as well. I don't know why they didn't leave them out altogether tbh. :-\

I really can't see the Daily and Weekly Challenge parts of the games working at all, they involve moving Murphy with your finger and timing your swipes on the touchscreen to beat distances travelled, and during the Murphy parts of the actual game the AI moves Murphy into the correct position for you lol. Perhaps they're going to leave those Challenges out..?

Going to be interesting to see what sort of concessions they make with regards to the amount of enemies onscreen at once too, graphically the demos look identical but the new trailer included in the demo shows around a third of the enemies onscreen at once in one part compared to a screenshot released last year. I wonder if they've gimped all versions so that they all show the lesser amount of enemies for the PS3 and 360 SKUs or if the PC and Wii U SKUs will have superior numbers. ???

Offline Late

« Reply #2005 on: August 16, 2013, 12:16:38 AM »
GTA online is looking pretty damned sweet from today's trailer :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2006 on: August 16, 2013, 01:51:47 AM »
Platinum'd FIFA Street, good game, doesn't really have a patch on the traditional FIFA games but as a spin-off, it's a nice change of pace and well put together.

Platinum was solid, you have to win 9 online cups which open up for the 3 days every weekend friday-sunday, so if you missed out on 1, you'd have to wait 9 weeks to see it again! Never happened to me but i bet it has to some people. World Tour is lengthy too. 8/10 for difficulty.

Dead Space 2 Platinum is imminent too, I hope, playing through on Hardcore mode and am currently on Chapter 9 with 2 saves down (1 remaining), it's been a tough one but I'm into a good rhythm now so I'm hoping to knock it off soon, just gotta learn to take my time more and stop with the silly deaths.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:53:41 AM by AVFCRoss »

Offline harv

« Reply #2007 on: August 16, 2013, 05:28:10 PM »
This is interesting. Once the PS4 has launched you can grab the PlayStation+ games even if you don't own the console. I'm looking at getting the PS4 next year sometime, probably a year after launch, so am thinking of subscribing to PlayStation+ before I get one just to get the 12 free games when I get one. Nice 8)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:38:49 PM by harv »

Offline harv

« Reply #2008 on: August 17, 2013, 11:50:09 PM »

Offline jman

« Reply #2009 on: August 20, 2013, 09:45:36 AM »
Heavy rumour going round that Fifa 14 will come bundled for free with the Xbox One for the European markets.. great news if true.. Gamescom going on at the moment, so expect to hear some new next-gen stuff over the next few days... The Sims 4 will be making its debut there too...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just cancelled my GTA5 pre-order with shop-to.. and gone with Tesco instead.. £39.99 minus £5 with the code TD-R4NQ minus another £3.50 in clubcard points = £31.49.. had to pay now mind.. but no biggy  :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:47:43 AM by jman »