https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663051 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2010 on: August 20, 2013, 11:18:34 AM »
The FIFA 14 thing is now confirmed. That's quite incredible.
There's going to be a lot of people who'd been planning on buying a ps3 because it's cheaper than the xb1, then paying £35/£40 for the game.
Suddenly that price gap has closed quite a bit (if you're interested in the game, or can sell it).

lol @ paying £35 for GTA:V.
The gamestop offer is still on, you know... :P
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2011 on: August 20, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »
Awesome news about Fifa 14  ;D

And I couldn't be arsed with the hassle of the gamestop offer.. also this line in their terms and conditions put me off a bit -

GameStop also reserve the right to refuse to accept any game for the purpose of this GTA: V Trade-In Offer at their discretion without giving any reason.

Offline Late

« Reply #2012 on: August 20, 2013, 02:13:48 PM »
xb1's FIFA 14 also has a new "Ultimate Team Legends", exclusive to the console.

23 Xbox One launch titles. I believe most are scheduled to release in November.
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

dealspwn

There's a few titles I'm excited about, but not sure there's enough exclusivity to make me pick xbox over playstation...

AC4. Yeah, I'll have to have this - I've bought every game in the franchise so far. Usually wait a while, for the price to drop though. Looks very promising.
Battlefield 4. Looks good, but 2 years ago I bought BF3 and CODMW3 when they both came out in the same week, and barely played either. I think if I'd only bought one I'd have gotten more out of it.
COD Ghosts. I've been saying for months I won't get it, but as we get closer to November I'm feeling the urge... Will probably buy either this or BF4, but I'm not sure which.
Crimson Dragon. Meh. Looks okay, but not my cup of tea. Would pick it up if I saw it cheap.
Dead Rising 3. I've never really been drawn to the DR games. Played the extended demo of DR2 a few years ago, but wasn't tempted to buy the game. I downloaded DR2 (free to gold members at the moment) a couple fo days ago, and will give it a look - so enthusiasm for DR3 may occur soon.
FIFA 14. Free, so yeah I'd probably get that, lol. I quite enjoyed the last Fifa game I played, but I was rubbish at it.
Fighter Within. Looks promising, fully utilising Kinect for 1:1 action. Would be tempted by it.
Forza. Looks beautiful. I'm no driving game fanatic, but I do enjoy them and would definitely want some sort of driving game in my collection pretty soon after buying a new console - and Forza (or Gran Turismo on the ps4) would fit the bill perfectly of course.
Just Dance. No. The kids might get some play out of it, but probably not much.
Killer Instinct. You get a free version, but with only one playable character and you then pay to unlock more characters. I hear it's £4 for a character, £17 for a pack of 8, or £35 for a complete package. Interesting price strategy. I will definitely get soem play from the free version and may well pay to get more characters.
Lego Marvel. Oh hell aye. Two of my favourite franchises ever combined into one game. That's a must have. Unlikely to have much longevity, mind.
Lococycle. Looks bleedin' awful to me, to be honest.
Madden NFL. Not remotely interested.
NBA. Again, not interested in the slightest.
NFS Rivals. I'll need to look into it - I don't know much about it. I've played two NFS games and loved Hot Pursuit but wasn't keen on Shift.
Peggle 2. Love peggle, so will have to get this - so long as they don't go crazy with the pricing.
Powerstar Golf. Don't know much about it, and not into golf, so probably not my cup of tea.
Ryse. Supposed to be the new big thing, but it looks a mess to me - incorporating parts of the freeflow combat thing from Arkham with a load of QTEs, set in some quite ridiculous but uninspired arenas. Perhaps I'm missing something.
Skylanders. No. I'm sure these games with nfc characters are great fun, but I'm not starting down that road to financial ruin thankyouverymuch.
Watch Dogs. Looks fantastic from what we've seen. Would like to see some reviews before I say it's a "must have" but it's looking that way so far.
Zoo Tycoon. Don't know anything about it (other than what the name implies. I guess you're a tycoon with a zoo!). It it's like themepark I could be interested. If it's like nintendogs you can stick it where the sun don't shine.
Zumba. Um. No. No no no no no. No. (Unless - does it have loads of fit birds prancing around in skimpy outfits? Might buy it. For keep fit purposes. For the wife.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:30:36 PM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2013 on: August 20, 2013, 03:14:46 PM »
Isn't Kinect Sports Rivals a launch game too late ??  Where did you get that list from??

Fifa 14 confirmed as a free download by the way.. so no trading in

With that news coupled with that F2P version of Killer Instinct.. I think I'll be good with just the 2 launch games (and if KI is any good, I'll probably purchase some bits for it) -

Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 will be the ones I buy...

They both stand above and beyond all other games and the PS4 offerings in my opinion.

Not touching NFS Rivals - The Crew which is a launch window game looks a million times better and also I don't want 2 driving games at launch.

Zoo Tycoon is an interesting one... like you.. I hope it keeps its roots and I would definitely be interested in getting it.. but the trailer did look a bit like Kinectimals 2 rather than a sequel to Zoo Tycoon  :-\

Watch Dogs - I'd probably put it on the Xmas list.. unless its getting amazing reviews.. then I could be tempted to buy it.

Ryse - not convinced.. need to see some reviews first.

I'm surprised harv isn't fapping all over Fighter Within though as he seemed to go into meltdown when a similar (shittier looking) game was released on the Wii..

Offline Late

« Reply #2014 on: August 20, 2013, 04:47:54 PM »
Oops @ forgetting to put in the source. Now corrected (dealspwn reporting from gamescon)

IGN show Kinect Sports Rivals as Q2 2014, and wiki shows Q1/Q2 2014.

New trailers for Sims 4 (doesn't really tell or show you anything), for Command & Conquer (doesn't show much, looks pretty, but I preferred the series when they were more basic), Lords of the Fallen, and Fifa 14.
(Yes, that's Patrick Stewart you're hearing on the FIFA trailer.)

Offline harv

« Reply #2015 on: August 20, 2013, 07:25:10 PM »
I'm assuming you're talking about The Fight Lights Out. If Kinect 2.0 is lag-free then I'll fap about it as long as it's able to replicate your actions 1:1.

The FIFA news is pretty huge but they had to do something drastic to stop the One being a huge flop tbh. I'd still go for the PS4 over the One next year though.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2016 on: August 20, 2013, 08:06:21 PM »
Release dates finally announced by Sony. (Hopefully well get dates from Microsoft too this week).
USA: 15th November
Europe: 29th November

Sony also announced price cuts for PS3 and PS Vita.

Offline harv

« Reply #2017 on: August 20, 2013, 08:17:08 PM »
So much for the rumour of an October release, I wonder if Microsoft can manage to release earlier..? Could be a reason why they're not releasing in 8 of their 21 planned countries. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2018 on: August 20, 2013, 09:08:01 PM »
I expect Microsoft will now announce a release date a week or two before Sony's. Two weeks is nothing compared to the seven years or so we've been waiting, but a lot of people who are on the fence about which machine to get will be swayed by a fortnight's wait.

Offline Late

« Reply #2019 on: August 20, 2013, 09:36:56 PM »
If Microsoft's offering of AC2 (released 17/11/09) didn't already look shit (it did) they've properly been put to shame by Sony now offering AC3 (released 30/10/12) free on ps3 for PS+ subscribers.

Offline jman

« Reply #2020 on: August 20, 2013, 10:54:49 PM »
If the watchdogs launch date is anything to go by (as its a launch game for both systems).. that's the 22nd November

Offline Late

« Reply #2021 on: August 21, 2013, 11:22:54 AM »
XCOM: Enemy Within has been announced by Firaxis. I'm still not sure if you should count it as a new game or as a major expansion to XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It's released as an expansion on pc, but as a standalone game on console - but the standalone game will also include the original.

Loads of new content including maps, enemies, abilities, weapons and gameplay elements. Releases mid November.

IGN

When I shifted most of my xbox games recently I kept hold of xcom - partly because I've only played through it once and want to play it again, and partly because I wanted to see what DLC they'd bring out. I'm now thinking I should probably sell it, ahead of buying the upgraded version in 3 months' time....

Offline Late

« Reply #2022 on: August 21, 2013, 01:16:01 PM »
Sony have announced 33 games available for the ps4 in 2013.
More than half of them are only available digitally. The others are available both boxed and digital.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (Blu-ray/digital)
Basement Crawl (digital)
Battlefield 4 (Blu-ray/digital)
Blacklight (digital)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Blu-ray/digital)
Contrast (digital)
DC Universe Online (digital)
Doki-Doki Universe (digital)
DriveClub (Blu-ray/digital)
FIFA 14 (Blu-ray/digital)
Flower (digital)
Hohokum (digital)
Just Dance 2014 (Blu-ray/digital)
Killzone: Shadow Fall (Blu-ray/digital)
Knack (Blu-ray/digital)
Lego Marvel Superheroes (Blu-ray/digital)
Madden NFL 25 (Blu-ray/digital)
Minecraft (digital)
N++ (digital)
NBA Live (Blu-ray/digital)
NBA 2K14 (Blu-ray/digital)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Blu-ray/digital)
Pinball Arcade (digital)
Planetside 2 (digital)
Pool Nation Extreme (digital)
ResoGun (digital)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Blu-ray/digital)
Super Motherload (digital)
The Playroom (preinstalled)
Tiny Brains (digital)
Warframe (digital)
War Thunder (digital)
Watch_Dogs (Blu-ray/digital)

I'm short of time at the mo, so haven't really had a look at the list yet...

dealspwn

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2023 on: August 21, 2013, 02:59:55 PM »
Both line-ups look seriously strong, wonder if Harv still thinks Mario Fingering Luigi part 8 will be better still.

Offline harv

« Reply #2024 on: August 21, 2013, 04:38:14 PM »
Both line-ups look seriously strong, wonder if Harv still thinks Mario Fingering Luigi part 8 will be better still.

Mario Fingering Luigi 8 (or Super Mario 3D World) will certainly sell better given the superior installed userbase and both the PS4 and One being supply constrained at launch ;)