https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662750 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2025 on: August 21, 2013, 07:07:03 PM »
Just noticed that The Crew isn't available for launch which is a shame. Not that it bothers me that much cos I won't get one until December 2014/January 2015 but I've been really keen to see how they make it possible to drive through the entire country of America :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #2026 on: August 22, 2013, 12:58:58 AM »
Just started playing Dead Space again, forgot how shite PS3 and 360 graphics are in comparison to a half decent PC lol. And they tend to dumb down the graphics for PC SKUs so that they don't make them look like ZX81 graphics in comparison lololol ;D ;D ;D

Also forgot how fantastic my Radeon 4870 was too, it still holds up pretty well 5 years after I bought it. :o Mind you, when I put this PC together it was pretty much top of the range at the time so no surprise that it's aged pretty well. I'm not overclocking anything either, everything is running at stock speeds.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2027 on: August 22, 2013, 09:36:19 AM »
Just noticed that The Crew isn't available for launch which is a shame. Not that it bothers me that much cos I won't get one until December 2014/January 2015 but I've been really keen to see how they make it possible to drive through the entire country of America :o
It's due Q1 2014. Wiki have it down as 26/02/14 but I'm not sure where they got that - I didn't think a date had been announced.

Just started playing Dead Space again, forgot how shite PS3 and 360 graphics are in comparison to a half decent PC lol. And they tend to dumb down the graphics for PC SKUs so that they don't make them look like ZX81 graphics in comparison lololol ;D ;D ;D

Also forgot how fantastic my Radeon 4870 was too, it still holds up pretty well 5 years after I bought it. :o Mind you, when I put this PC together it was pretty much top of the range at the time so no surprise that it's aged pretty well. I'm not overclocking anything either, everything is running at stock speeds.
You forgot that fairly competent computers from 2005 aren't as powerful as top end gaming rigs from 2008?
Have you sustained a head injury recently?

And what game publisher do you think makes a game for the pc then orders his staff to "make it look a bit crappier - it's so good it makes our console games look terrible"? Run that through your brain, see if it sounds realistic. If you made a game would you deliberately make it look worse than it should be. Or would you release it looking great (but with high "recommended spec").

[Blimey, five years? Didn't think it was that long since you got that pc. I swear time's been speeding up in recent years. :( ]
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2028 on: August 22, 2013, 09:53:46 AM »
Both line-ups look seriously strong, wonder if Harv still thinks Mario Fingering Luigi part 8 will be better still.

Mario Fingering Luigi 8 (or Super Mario 3D World) will certainly sell better given the superior installed userbase and both the PS4 and One being supply constrained at launch ;)

Just like COD sold more on the Wii given its vast installed base.. oh wait...

Offline harv

« Reply #2029 on: August 22, 2013, 04:51:38 PM »
Who mentioned CoD..? We were talking about the next 3D Mario title. A first party exclusive. ::)

Offline harv

« Reply #2030 on: August 22, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »
And a prime example of a developer dumbing down the graphics for the PC SKU is Left 4 Dead. There isn't a great deal of difference between all SKUs in terms of eye candy. Just look at the difference in eye candy quality between Left 4 Dead and Half-Life 2 Episode 2 on all platforms.

Offline harv

« Reply #2031 on: August 22, 2013, 08:04:42 PM »
I'm getting tempted to run these games over 1080p resolution too. The advantage in not having an upscaler in my telly is that it can run over the official specs. I have my telly displaying my PC in 1080p and 24Hz, which isn't supposed to be possible lol. Got a message from Windows telling me it might damage my telly but it's been fine so far. :P

Offline jman

« Reply #2032 on: August 23, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »
NHL 14 demo released on Wednesday.. getting great reviews especially with the fighting...I've been wondering why the hell I haven't been able to see it for the past 2 days.. just realised its gold exclusive  :(  Gotta wait untill the 27th before I can download it.. grr! lol

Offline stupac

« Reply #2033 on: August 25, 2013, 02:50:05 AM »
GTA online is looking pretty damned sweet from today's trailer :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Shit that looks sweet!!!

Is that a whole new different game or is that GTA V online?
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline stupac

« Reply #2034 on: August 25, 2013, 03:08:52 AM »
This may sound like a silly question for those in the know but I really don't know as much about what's going on as I'd like to.

Will GTA V and Gran Turismo 6 be available (at launch or at some point) on PS4? Or will they only be on PS3?

I'm already waiting until next year to get it as there's quite a few games I want to play first so that would really suck if they will only be on PS3.

Offline stupac

« Reply #2035 on: August 25, 2013, 03:14:29 AM »
Also what websites do you guys use for buying games? Preferably with the best deals obviously lol.

I only really know of shopto, zavvi and play.com and then just look on game, blockbuster and the supermarket sites. Occasionally amazon and ebay too.

Offline jman

« Reply #2036 on: August 25, 2013, 08:44:20 AM »
GTA 5 and GT6 are PS3 only for now, no plans to release either game on the PS4.

Use hotukdeals to find cheap deals on games you want to buy

Offline harv

« Reply #2037 on: August 25, 2013, 05:18:43 PM »
I use hotukdeals every now and then but if a game I want isn't there then I use this site. If that site gives an Amazon price as the cheapest (which is rare) you can then go to Flubit to get a further reduction on the price.

Offline Late

« Reply #2038 on: August 25, 2013, 08:39:02 PM »
Shit that looks sweet!!!

Is that a whole new different game or is that GTA V online?
Looks pretty bloody awesome, doesn't it!
Is part of gta5 - but you won't be able to play online until 2 weeks after the game comes out. (Not sure why - might just be monitoring unit sales and working out server requirements.)

As Kieron says, there has been no announcement of GTA or GT on next gen machines. They might turn up on the ps4 at some point but I doubt we'll see them any time soon.

Tis a bit of a dilemma, deciding whether to buy games for current gen or wait for next gen. Activision have addressed it in a novel way. If you buy the latest call of duty on current gen you can upgrade it to a next gen copy a few weeks later when the machines come out. Your level progression etc should carry over. Nice idea - and at a decent price for yanks and euros at $10/€10. We get slightly ripped off, as usual, at £10.

hukd and find-game are my two go-to sites for game deals.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #2039 on: August 25, 2013, 09:09:58 PM »
Dead Space 2 Platinum takes me to 55 now.

Hardcore mode is seriously challenging, I had about 3 deaths where I lost a good few hours of progress which set me back to my last save. I really didn't think 3 saves would be that bad, but I underestimated that a bit. Solid 9/10 for me in terms of difficulty, but a hugely rewarding Platinum as a result!

Will move onto my newer games for a bit now...Started Resistance 3 and Dishonoured, both really good games, Dishonoured has my attention at the moment though.

PS4 release date being 29th November is a dilemma for me, half tempted to ask for it for Christmas, although seeing all my mates with it on release would only make me want to buy it myself :( Anyway, got this hefty backlog of games to clear right now, so that's my focus, also still need to buy Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us and GTA5 this gen still so it won't be easy.