https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663037 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2040 on: August 26, 2013, 03:46:29 PM »
I've got 3730 msp on my account (probably cost around £27, but face value is around £31). I'll be interested to see what my £ balance is after the update.

Dash has updated. My points have been converted to £31.96.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline stupac

« Reply #2041 on: August 27, 2013, 04:17:06 AM »
Brilliant now that's a dilemma. Do I stay on PS3 and play probably 2 of the best games the PS3 has ever seen or do I skip to PS4 after my current list of games to play, hoping the other 2 will make an appearance on PS4, but risk not playing them at all if they don't come over.  >:(
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline Late

« Reply #2042 on: August 27, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
I might be wrong but I seem to recall a GTA game doing the same last generation switch. I think it appeared on the ps3/360 about three years later. There's been no word on a next gen release yet so I doubt it'll be released on xb1/ps4 before next summer (if at all).

I'm comfortable buying it on current gen, despite getting a next gen machine early.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2043 on: August 27, 2013, 02:03:27 PM »
You haven't said what your actually buying yet late.. are you going for a launch machine?

I cant wait.. although I'm going to be out of pocket quite a bit unless I start shifting some of my current gen stuff soon... I think Kinect + the Kinect games will be the next things to go.. although need to finish some stuff off with them first.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2044 on: August 27, 2013, 02:36:34 PM »
Think I'm gonna shift my PS3 and a load of games I have to try and prepare for the next gen! Think I'm going to go for the Xbox One at launch. There doesn't seem to be much in it in terms of specs so I'm making a choice based on the games available at launch (and shortly after).

Infamous: Second Son looks nice on the PS4 but Dead Rising 3, Titanfall and a free copy of FIFA 14 are tempting me to the Xbox One. Even Ryse looks good but I've got my reservations about the look of the gameplay for now (Press X not to die... woop loads of fun!)

Will likely get a PS4 at some point as I hate missing out on exclusives, but it'll be later down the line.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:48:59 PM by ancelotti »

Offline Late

« Reply #2045 on: August 27, 2013, 07:02:29 PM »
I'm sat on around £520 of Game credit so it makes sense to h get a day one machine, but I'm still not sure which. Leaning more toward Xbox at the moment, but there's not much in it either way. I should probably make up my mind soon if I don't want to find they're out of stock...

Offline jman

« Reply #2046 on: August 28, 2013, 08:22:15 AM »
You know you want a X1  ;) 

I'd be interested to know when Quantum Break releases... it wasn't on the launch list, so kinda forgot about it.. but I'd be disappointed if its not launch window, it looks fantastic and has a very novel twist.

Rumours have it that the X1 will be releasing on Nov 8th in the states - 1 week prior to the PS4.. so I'd expect the same thing to happen in the UK and release on Nov 22nd.

Offline harv

« Reply #2047 on: August 28, 2013, 04:13:45 PM »
That has now been retracted, it's going to be launching after the 15th apparently, accordingto Cboat on Gaf and he has proven to be a VERY good source.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2048 on: August 28, 2013, 04:46:15 PM »
I've got 3730 msp on my account (probably cost around £27, but face value is around £31). I'll be interested to see what my £ balance is after the update.

Dash has updated. My points have been converted to £31.96.

Fuck knows what I had before - not much... but got £8.50 now...   ;D

I'm sat on around £520 of Game credit so it makes sense to h get a day one machine, but I'm still not sure which. Leaning more toward Xbox at the moment, but there's not much in it either way. I should probably make up my mind soon if I don't want to find they're out of stock...

Apparently Game have already pulled pre-orders of the Day One edition of the X1 after reaching their limit.. you can pre-order a standard edition with them still but there's no guarantee you'll get it on launch day.

So I'm confused whether I'm getting a Day One edition.. mainly because Zavvi had and still have only one SKU for the X1.. I better be getting a Day One edition or I wont be very happy with them  :-\
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:51:11 PM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #2049 on: August 28, 2013, 08:33:02 PM »
Nintendo 2ds... Wtf??  You couldn't make this up...

Offline harv

« Reply #2050 on: August 28, 2013, 08:47:59 PM »
Nintendo 2ds... Wtf??  You couldn't make this up...

I know...and It's a real ugly mofo too lol.

Still, it's only $129 and released the same day as Pokemon so it's going to be a licence to print money for them anyway lol.

Several Megatons announced today from Nintendo, in addition to the above they've announced a $50 price cut, a Wind Waker bundle, switched some release dates around (Super Mario 3D World is now November, Donkey Kong is now December) and Gameaand Gamestop are both doing a Special Edition of Wind Waker HD with a great looking figurine. I don't normally go for suchtthings but it really does look fantastic.

And all this without a Nintendo Direct. There's rumoured to be one next month and there's supposed to be some sort of collaboration between Nintendo and Capcom on the way - if it isn't Nintendo Vs Capcom then people at both companies deserve the sack. It would be a licence to print money for the both of them and will keep fighting game fans happy until SSBU next year.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2051 on: August 28, 2013, 09:09:35 PM »
"The new price makes Wii U an even greater value, particularly with the strong lineup of Wii U games available and on the way for the system in 2013," Nintendo said. "These include Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, EarthBound, New Super Luigi U, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze."

Hahaha! Look at that for a line-up! I must run out and buy one!

Offline harv

« Reply #2052 on: August 28, 2013, 09:57:38 PM »
Haven't played The Wonderful 101 yet but they're all good or going to be good titles. A 3D Mario game speaks for itself, as does a sequel to one of the best 2D platform games released last gen. Zelda is always awesome, Pikmin 3 is amazing (and looks 'next gen') and EarthBound, one of the best RPG games in video game history, is available in Europe for the very first time.

The release schedule for the Wii U is looking great until the end of the year, and then next year you've got the likes of X, Bayonetta 2, Yarn Yoshi, Mario Kart 8 and SSBU.

The 8 month software drought has been a pain in the arse but despite that there's still several must-own titles for the Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Lego City Undercover, Arkham City, ZombiU, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U and The Wonderful 101. Not bad for a console that's only been out for 9 months imo.

And now that Nintendo have seen sense and cut the price in the States to coincide with a big name first party title I'm 100% certain that the Wii U is going to have an installed userbase over 8m before the end of the year which means even the likes of EA will stop their hissy fit and support the console with software launches next year. It's all looking pretty good for Nintendo at the moment, they'll even be able to tap into the young kid market now that they've introduced the 2DS as a 'My First Nintendo Console'.

Offline harv

« Reply #2053 on: August 28, 2013, 11:16:27 PM »

Lmfao ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gotta love Gaf 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #2054 on: August 29, 2013, 02:13:18 AM »
Wow, just done the Prologue of The Wonderful 101 and It's fucking gorgeous. :o

Got a Gold medal on Easy which could have been worse I guess lol.

720p native, 60fps and v-synch enabled, I've seen a few screenshots of some of the enemies later on in the game and technically it's very impressive, both the PS3 and 360 would melt if they tried to run this lol. :o ;D :P

That's 2 titles, Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101, that look 'next gen' and this is just the end of the first generation of titles.