https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662702 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2085 on: September 04, 2013, 11:16:47 AM »
Unlock/buy the Berserker character at your earliest chance.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2086 on: September 04, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »
The xb1 has been tweaked slightly, so now performs a little better than the original released info says.
polygon

It's looking likely they had it massively underclocked for safely, but have now released a bit more power (cpu upped from 1.60GHz to 1.75GHz, but thought to be fine up to 2.00GHz.) They also upped the GPU clock speed recently.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2087 on: September 04, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »
Release date has now been announced as 22 November.
They're also doing extra Day One editions.

Microsoft have announced a November 22, 2013 release date for the Xbox One in the following regions: UK, Eire, Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand.

Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi supplemented the announcement with news that more Day One Edition Xbox One's will be made available to help fulfil demand.

dealspwn

Offline harv

« Reply #2088 on: September 04, 2013, 03:02:11 PM »
That's interesting, the customer support people have a meeting on the 22nd so everyone was expecting the staff to have a week's worth of training after that before release date. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #2089 on: September 04, 2013, 03:08:17 PM »
FINALLY got Rayman Legends delivered today but won't be playing it for a while, my attention is entirely on The Wonderful 101 at the moment. It's absolutely fucking insane, every end of level boss is bigger and better than the end of game bosses in any other video game. I'll probably jizz my pants when the end of game boss comes along lololol :o ;D ;D ;D :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #2090 on: September 04, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »
Yep I'm taking the 22nd off work and having a 3 day xbox one marathon then  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2091 on: September 04, 2013, 08:42:21 PM »
New Day One edition includes Forza instead of Fifa. Suits me. If I can get one.
Same price ie £429.99

Offline harv

« Reply #2092 on: September 04, 2013, 10:48:07 PM »
Oh shit, a huge fire at Hynix one of the world's biggest memory manufacturers. Anyone planning on buying a new GPU should do it right now because the knock-on effects are going to drive memory prices up everywhere. Also means that console production costs are going to go up too. Can't imagine any of the platform holders putting up their prices though. May mean that there'll be supply constraints in 6-9 months time though :-\

Offline jman

« Reply #2093 on: September 05, 2013, 06:49:39 AM »
New Day One edition includes Forza instead of Fifa. Suits me. If I can get one.
Same price ie £429.99

Nice one!!

Fingers crossed they'll have some left, thats a good deal.. you'll have to skip work on launch day so I can kick your ass at Forza lol

Offline Late

« Reply #2094 on: September 05, 2013, 09:03:50 AM »
Deal

Offline Late

« Reply #2095 on: September 05, 2013, 12:10:56 PM »
w00t! :D
I've just now pre-ordered the Day One Forza package.
Identical to the old Day One package, but with Forza 5 as a digital download instead of Fifa 14 - at the same price £429.99.
Early indications are it's a UK only deal. I got it from Game (instore). ShopTo and Amazon both look to be selling it.

Stocks look to be extremely limited. The branch I went to was allocated ten units (in an email from head office at 10.54am today according to the helpful lad I spoke to), and had five left when I got mine at 11.25am.

Offline harv

« Reply #2096 on: September 05, 2013, 09:50:54 PM »
Yup, stock will be limited all over due to Microsoft's ESRAM yield issues. You won't hear Microsoft officially admitting it but that's why they're only launching in 13 out of the 21 planned territories.

Sony are going to have serious problems too due to the fire at Hynix, that's where they're getting their GDDR5 from. Mind you, all 3 platform holders will have problems sourcing RAM in 6-9 months time as these things have a knock on effect. Mobile phones, laptops, PCs, consoles...all will be affected. :(

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2097 on: September 05, 2013, 10:37:53 PM »
w00t! :D
I've just now pre-ordered the Day One Forza package.
Identical to the old Day One package, but with Forza 5 as a digital download instead of Fifa 14 - at the same price £429.99.
Early indications are it's a UK only deal. I got it from Game (instore). ShopTo and Amazon both look to be selling it.

Stocks look to be extremely limited. The branch I went to was allocated ten units (in an email from head office at 10.54am today according to the helpful lad I spoke to), and had five left when I got mine at 11.25am.

I got one from ShopTo earlier! £428.99  :P  ;D

My other day one purchases will likely be Watch Dogs and Dead Rising 3 (and FIFA 14 if that trade-in deal Late mentioned transpires!)

Offline jman

« Reply #2098 on: September 06, 2013, 08:04:43 AM »
Still some of those left at Woolies

Offline Late

« Reply #2099 on: September 06, 2013, 09:11:11 AM »
I got one from ShopTo earlier! £428.99  :P  ;D
My other day one purchases will likely be Watch Dogs and Dead Rising 3 (and FIFA 14 if that trade-in deal Late mentioned transpires!)

Nice one Kenny. I'll save you a place in the race with Kieron ;)

The FIFA 14 deal - is that the thing Game are doing? (I don't recall posting about a Fifa deal, but I know Game are doing one where you can trade up from 360/ps3 to one/ps4 - perhaps I posted that here.)
If that's the one, be aware that Game changed the small-print on that trade-up deal, the day after they announced it. They've now specified that when you trade up you need to provide proof that you bought the current gen version at Game. That's rather annoying, as I was planning on buying COD Ghosts at a supermarket or wherever it's cheapest, and then upgrading for a tenner at Game. I should still be able to do it using Activision's trade up promise, but I'm not sure how that works (I just know you can upgrade for a tenner, but I don't think they've given details yet.) I'm not sure if EA have a similar trade-up deal for FIFA.