https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663082 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2100 on: September 06, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »
I think the Fifa 14 deal upgrade works in the same way.. not sure who do it though..

I've finally gone gold again now.. £25 for 12 months.. can actually see a big use for it in the next few weeks/months.. GTA 5 online looks and sounds so damn good!!

I guess now its just a case of when I'm gonna order my X1 games and extra controller... the prices seem so high at the moment.. maybe the retail stores are waiting to see who drops the price first because they carry the same RRP as 360 games.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2101 on: September 06, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »
I got one from ShopTo earlier! £428.99  :P  ;D
My other day one purchases will likely be Watch Dogs and Dead Rising 3 (and FIFA 14 if that trade-in deal Late mentioned transpires!)

Nice one Kenny. I'll save you a place in the race with Kieron ;)

The FIFA 14 deal - is that the thing Game are doing? (I don't recall posting about a Fifa deal, but I know Game are doing one where you can trade up from 360/ps3 to one/ps4 - perhaps I posted that here.)
If that's the one, be aware that Game changed the small-print on that trade-up deal, the day after they announced it. They've now specified that when you trade up you need to provide proof that you bought the current gen version at Game. That's rather annoying, as I was planning on buying COD Ghosts at a supermarket or wherever it's cheapest, and then upgrading for a tenner at Game. I should still be able to do it using Activision's trade up promise, but I'm not sure how that works (I just know you can upgrade for a tenner, but I don't think they've given details yet.) I'm not sure if EA have a similar trade-up deal for FIFA.

The cheeky buggers! I will have to cancel my FIFA 14 pre-order with ShopTo and get it from GAME then.

Offline Late

« Reply #2102 on: September 06, 2013, 01:31:11 PM »
It's going to be interesting to see how prices and game qualities pan out over the next six to twelve months. I'll get COD on the xb1 because COD is usually my most played game - so even without any improvement over the 360 version it'd probably be worth paying the extra tenner.
But games like Watchdogs? Looks fantastic from what I've seen, but (assuming it's as good as I hope it is) I'll need to think hard about whether it's worth paying extra for the xb1 version rather than the xb360 version. Depends on how the versions stack up against each other, and how the prices compare.

I'll need to get a second (and ideally a third) controller at some point, but I'm in no rush. If I find one for £35 I'll be all over it. If they're still over £40 by Christmas time I might bite the bullet. I certainly don't fancy paying £45 per controller.

The cheeky buggers! I will have to cancel my FIFA 14 pre-order with ShopTo and get it from GAME then.
Don't rush to cancel just yet.
If you're to go with Game's deal they have you over a barrel. They guarantee they'll give you £40 trade-in, but if they're charging £45 for the xb360 version and £60 for the xb1 version (as they currently look to be doing) then you'll end up paying £65 in total.
So you might actually be better off getting it from ShopTo and then selling it or trading it in elsewhere when you buy the xb1 version later...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2103 on: September 06, 2013, 02:36:03 PM »
And people wonder why GAME are up Shit Street lol :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline larry

« Reply #2104 on: September 06, 2013, 03:01:41 PM »
Behind the times i know, but just played and completed Red Dead Redemption. Brilliant story, and great game.

Ive just started playing Hitman Absolution, didnt think id enjoy a stealth game. But so far really enjoying it!! Got some great titles since i got PS+ back in march, turning out to be a good investment at £29.99 for 12 months.  Anyone know how long sony will be dishing out games via PS+  on the PS3 after the Ps4 is out??

I dought ill be getting next gen console for a while, still got loads of games to get on the PS3 as yet!!

As mentioned above, im behind the times

Offline Late

« Reply #2105 on: September 06, 2013, 04:37:40 PM »
I've been seriously impressed with ps+ in the last year or so. Those free games are fantastic. Come on, Microsoft - step up!
(Reminds me - don't forget to get your Dead Rising 2, Kieron, if you've just renewed your Gold - unless you already have it of course.)

There's been no official word on how the free games thing will go over the next year or so, but I doubt they'll be giving much to ps4 owners (it's hard to give out older games for free when there aren't any old games!) - so ps3  and psv owners are likely to be well supported for the forseeable future.
They might eventually taper the deal down for ps3 owners to try to entice them over to ps4 at some point, but not in the next year.
All just idle speculation, of course - nobody knows for sure.

Agree about Hitman Absolution, btw. I got it a while back, and wasn't expecting much, but thoroughly enjoyed it once I got past the first couple of levels. Later went back and did those first few levels, and did a much better job. Then did them again, and again, to get some more score multipliers ;)
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2106 on: September 08, 2013, 12:36:31 AM »
Fucking hell, he makes it look so easy lol, this is done by the same guy that did the official Bayonetta guide. It really ISN'T that easy at all lol ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2107 on: September 09, 2013, 01:23:49 AM »
Best review of The Wonderful 101 so far, although it is a long read.

Am on the final boss fight now and it's been kicking my arse lol, will go back to it tomorrow when I've had some sleep 8)

Offline Late

« Reply #2108 on: September 09, 2013, 03:54:10 PM »
There's been a lot of videos showing a lot of fantastic looking games lately - but being a Lego fan and a Marvel fan none have bettered these two trailers:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Gamescom trailer
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Stan Lee Trailer

:D

Offline harv

« Reply #2109 on: September 09, 2013, 08:23:17 PM »
Just finished The Wonderful 101 and it was spectacular. I'm not going to play a game as good as this for years, it's now at number 2 in my all-time best games of all-time list, 2nd only to Elite.

Offline jman

« Reply #2110 on: September 09, 2013, 08:27:21 PM »
Just got an email from zavvi confirming I will be getting a day one edition and guaranteed delivery on launch day - fuck yeah!  8)

Offline Late

« Reply #2111 on: September 09, 2013, 09:47:18 PM »
Good feeling isn't it! :D

Offline jman

« Reply #2112 on: September 10, 2013, 10:34:58 AM »
Damn right!  ;D

Just seen this.. so bloody true  ;D ;D ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2113 on: September 10, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »
Am about 2 quests off finishing the storyline in Lego LOTR... I think this is going down as my least favourite Lego game for several reasons :

1) They talk...
2) Nowhere near as funny as some of the other Lego games
3) There's way more content outside the main quests than there is inside the main quests (or that's what its looking like to me)
4) Open maps are fine.. but it looks too big  :o

Thankfully it has re-confirmed my thoughts that I wouldn't like Lego City Undercover too much.. as that ticks pretty much all those boxes too.

Offline harv

« Reply #2114 on: September 10, 2013, 10:18:35 PM »
Lego City Undercover is definitely funny though mate. Plus there's LOADS of telly series and film references. Best Lego game so far imo.