https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662985 times)

Offline larry

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2145 on: September 18, 2013, 09:24:51 AM »
Could'nt resist, just nipped to tesco and picked it up..

Just got to wait to get home and get the kids to bed before playing >:(

Offline jman

« Reply #2146 on: September 18, 2013, 10:23:58 AM »
lol late, your comment on hukd made their facebook wall status..

Well done Sony, yet again.

Meanwhile I look forward to the announcement from Microsoft that our free games for October will be Horace Goes Skiing and Chuckie Egg 2... :(

;D ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2147 on: September 18, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »
Fame at last, lol.
Thanks Kieron - I don't do facebook so wasn't aware of that.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2148 on: September 18, 2013, 04:14:19 PM »
Awesome lol ;D

Was wondering, have any of you checked out Resident Evil Revelaitons yet..? It's dead cheap now and it's better than RE4 imo. The first proper Resident Evil game released in donkey's years.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2149 on: September 18, 2013, 04:33:11 PM »
There's no such game.
In fact no games exist except GTA:V.
Haven't you been keeping up with current events?!

Seen the trailers for The Evil Within (aka Psychobreak), Harv? Probably right up your street (though doesn't appear to be coming out on the U).
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2150 on: September 19, 2013, 12:19:58 AM »
Yup, I was interested in that during this year's E3. Depending on the release date next year we may see Bethesda doing a U-turn with regards to Wii U support. The sales boost that the likes of Super Mario 3D World, Wii Fit U, Donkey Kong and Mario Kart 8 will give the console should be too big for them to ignore. If the game is out after 31st May I can see a quick and dirty 6 month port happening if they want to keep shareholders happy. EA will also change their tune next year.

You have to remember that development for the Wii U is surprisingly cheap, it only cost Ubisoft €1m to port Assassin's Creed III which was a big surprise. Just buying a single dev kit saves well over 10K in licencing fees thanks to Nintendo's unprecedented deals with Greenhill, Unity, Autodesk and Havok and the dev kits themselves are also very affordable - I've seen the figure $3000 bandied around. Just for comparison's sake before the consoles launched a Wii dev kit would set developers back £2000 and a PS3 dev kit a ridiculous £18,000. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2151 on: September 19, 2013, 03:05:17 AM »
Awesome!!! Have just watched the Wii Fit Nintendo Direct and they announced Wii Sports Club at the end which has all the games of the original but with online play!!! And you don't have to get crappy baseball either. They're available to download individually for $9.99 each. Nice!!! 8)

Golf, Bowling and Boxing are definites, Tennis a maybe. ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2152 on: September 19, 2013, 09:03:28 AM »
Wahahahahahaha!
Wii Sports was free on the Wii, but now you can get the mini-games from it ported to the Wii U for only £9 per sport.
Oh Nintendo, you do crack us up! :D

Offline jman

« Reply #2153 on: September 19, 2013, 10:19:39 AM »
Even funnier that harv thinks Ubisoft made any profit of the £1 million port of AC3 on the Wii U.. it did 0.18m sales according to vgchartz.  ;D

The fact that Ubisoft went multi-plat on Rayman Legends solely on the back of ZombieU poor sales performance shows that even the big developers are steering well clear of Nintendos console in spite of any claimed lower development costs.

Offline larry

« Reply #2154 on: September 19, 2013, 10:42:40 AM »
lovin GTA  ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2155 on: September 19, 2013, 11:08:10 AM »
I've been so damned tired lately, and I do most of my gaming after the wife's gone to bed - so both nights now I've put the game on, explored a little bit, then woken up several hours later with a bad neck and a paused game.  :-[
Absolutely loving it though. Still not done much on the mission front. Last night I spent a fun hour or so just fannying about on dirt bikes and dune buggies through the desert and up/down a mountain :D

As an indication of how much I've accomplished 2 days into possibly the biggest game ever, and I've racked up 10/1000 gamerscore.  ;D (And that was pretty much just 10GS for starting the game).

Offline harv

« Reply #2156 on: September 19, 2013, 06:29:59 PM »
Even funnier that harv thinks Ubisoft made any profit of the £1 million port of AC3 on the Wii U.. it did 0.18m sales according to vgchartz.  ;D

The fact that Ubisoft went multi-plat on Rayman Legends solely on the back of ZombieU poor sales performance shows that even the big developers are steering well clear of Nintendos console in spite of any claimed lower development costs.

That would be a £843,519.25 port at current exchange rates. And yes, they would have made a small profit on that. ;)

And they've probably sold over 500,000 copies of ZombiU too including digital sales. We'll see them continuing their work oin the sequel (which was put on hold) after Christmas and they're continuing their Wii U support this year with the likes of Rayman Legends, Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs...if they were so disappointed with the sales figures of AC III then they would have canned the sequel and Watch Dogs.

Offline Late

Offline harv

« Reply #2158 on: September 19, 2013, 10:48:39 PM »
I'm fully aware that ZombiU didn't make a profit (although given the 500K+ sales there must have been some serious problems with budget management), but once Christmas has been and gone they'll start working on the sequel again. We know that they were working on the sequel after the first game launched due to a leak from Ubisoft Montpelier.

We'll hear about a sequel next year.

The only two publishers that aren't supporting the Wii U (yet) are Bethesda and EA, and they'll both change their tune once the installed userbase is too big to ignore. The Wii U doesn't have the disadvantages that the Wii had last gen with its GPU and the gulf in power between it and the other two consoles so it should get a version of all major multiplatform titles, albeit with a graphical downgrade.

Offline Late

« Reply #2159 on: September 20, 2013, 03:51:35 AM »
If it's not profitable to make games for the U people won't make games for the U.
It's going to end up like the Wii. Decent first party games, and a cubic fucktonne of shovelware.