https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662922 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2175 on: September 21, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »
Checked my stats earlier and think last save was around 52%

Really looking forward to trying online mode, although don't know much about it other than its not available yet.. Anyone know anything about it and want to a group going when it does come our, we could be the sundayleague posse  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2176 on: September 22, 2013, 05:11:06 AM »
In at about 50‰ too.
Count me in for your crew when online is activated in a week or two.
Did you see the trailer for online mode a month or so back? Looks great. :D

GTA online is looking pretty damned sweet from today's trailer :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2177 on: September 23, 2013, 01:34:15 PM »
Been looking at trading in some of my 360 collection.. simply because I know it wont sell on ebay.. or it wont sell for much.. so GAME will beat any local competitor within a mile by £1 on any game.. but I cant use any prices printed off the web... do people really bother with all this hassle then?  CEX is well within a mile of the two GAME stores in reading, but not sure I can arsed going into CEX first and asking them to print out a list of the prices they will offer me knowing full well I wont be selling any to them.. and then bugger off to GAME to get the better prices.. CEX must get completely fed up with people doing this surely.. or does nobody do it ?

Offline Late

« Reply #2178 on: September 23, 2013, 02:53:04 PM »
Been looking at trading in some of my 360 collection.. simply because I know it wont sell on ebay.. or it wont sell for much.. so GAME will beat any local competitor within a mile by £1 on any game.. but I cant use any prices printed off the web... do people really bother with all this hassle then?  CEX is well within a mile of the two GAME stores in reading, but not sure I can arsed going into CEX first and asking them to print out a list of the prices they will offer me knowing full well I wont be selling any to them.. and then bugger off to GAME to get the better prices.. CEX must get completely fed up with people doing this surely.. or does nobody do it ?
You should be fine with prices printed off the web - despite Game's T&Cs.

When I recently traded my 101 games at Game I just brought in a spreadsheet that showed CEX price and Game price. (I got those prices online, natch.)
I think the manager checked the prices online as he was going, but I'm not sure - I left him to it and went elsewhere for an hour. He might've checked them all, or he might've checked some then saw they were legit and just took my figures - I'm not sure.

Note that they only offered me £1 above CEX's prices on the total - not on each individual game. I'm sure that's wrong of them, and I argued for quite a while, but the assistant manager and the manager were both insistent. Makes a big difference, tbh, especially when you're talking dozens of games that are each only worth a small amount. CEX price was about £450 for the games I took in, I expected £550.
I did, however, eventually convince the manager to meet me about half way (I got about £497 - plus reward points worth about £15).
That's comfortably above what cex would've given me, with the added bonuses of (a) Game actually sell something I want, whereas CEX don't, so credit there ain't much use to me; and (b) CEX stinks. As in the place smells bad. Really bad.

I could've gotten more by trading one game a day for a hundred days, of course, but that doesn't sound like fun and would've cost me in petrol and time.

Toyed with eBay, but in the end I'm happy getting it sorted all in one morning - and I would have gotten about the same amount on ebay after costs, give or take...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2179 on: September 23, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »
lol.. £1 on the total!!!.. that's ridiculous..like you said, you could of done 101 different transactions to get the £1 on top.. I'd be a bit peeved off going to all that trouble lol.

Well just checked my paypal history. I've sold 78 games for £552.. but that doesn't take into accounts any fees or postage costs.. which I would estimate at about £140 - leaving it at £410.. so perhaps it wouldn't make too much difference in terms of selling on ebay or using GAME.. although I would prefer not to have to get credit for GAME if I don't have to.. biggest rip-off merchants going.

Although handy to know in case there are a few bits I cant get rid of.. I'll just print the CEX list off as well.. and will ensure its done in separate transactions!

Offline Late

« Reply #2180 on: September 23, 2013, 06:05:41 PM »
Agree about Game's prices.
Okay if you want hardware though  ;)

Offline jman

« Reply #2181 on: September 24, 2013, 07:51:18 AM »
Am about 6 missions short of completing the main storyline in GTA5.. so should have that finished off tonight.. don't even want to see how long I've been playing it over the past week.. an obscene amount.  8)  For me.. nothing has beaten that first heist.. yet... although some of the other heists were pretty excellent...I don't know if you can replay the heists (don't see why not) but would love to do them again (choosing the different options for each of them).. 

Am still way short of the 100% completion.. I've done some of the hidden collectible type missions.. but the one you get with Franklin (UFO type one) and the stunt jumps.. is there any in-game map you can use for them ?? Done about 3 of the bridges.. that's going to be an absolute arse though I reckon if you cant see them clearly on the map

I have done all 3 of the triathlons.. lol.. just make sure your fingers and thumbs are ready for the 3rd one!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:54:02 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2182 on: September 24, 2013, 10:12:09 AM »
I'm a little way behind you. I see Kenny completed the missions. I'm on about 58/70, or something like that.

You can replay any mission at any time via the pause menu, but I'm not sure if you can replay the big heists - the ones where you're effectively doing 3 or 4 missions. If you want to go in using sleeping gas but went in guns blazing first time then presumably there isn't a "get the sleeping gas" mission for you to replay. Might have to start the game anew?
I'd be up for replaying the whole game, tbh. There's a few things I'd do differently.

I did the Lester missions too early, in retrospect. If they generally give you a 50% boost to your savings then it's probably best to leave it until you have a lot of savings - so don't buy properties early, don't spend much on clothes/cars, and leave the Lester assassinations until late in the game.
I currently have one (or maybe more?) Lester mission remaining. I actually did it (climb up a massive crane in a construction site, then shoot down a helicopter), but my characters only had about a mil savings between them. The very next mission I did was a bank job that gave each of my characters about half a mil each, and I realised I'd have been much better off doing those missions the other way round. So I reloaded a save from an hour or so earlier and re-did the bank job, but haven't done the assassination job yet. I could earn decent money doing it now, but I imagine I'll earn a lot more if I leave it a few more days, and do it at the end of the story.

I'm crap on the collectibles stuff. I found one mystery letter thing at the top of the cable car ride on my first day playing, but I'm not sure what that's for and it's the only one I found. I think it was 1 of 50. I've not found a single UFO piece. Again I think there's 50.
I've only flown under about five bridges. I could happily spend a few hours flying around going under bridges, but I know I'd end up frustrated when there's 2 or 3 left and it gives you no indication which ones you've done and which you haven't.
And I've only done about 8 of the unique jump stunts. :\
There's loads of other things like that where I've not really started (e.g. shooting lessons, hunting, flight school, races, bail bonds, smuggling, yoga, ).

I'm hoping (but not optimistic) that at some point it gives you some help with the collectibles. It'd be nice if it flagged the remainder up on your map once you've got 75%, or something like that.

Favourite characters in the game (so far) by the way - Nigel and Mrs Thornhill. :D

Offline jman

« Reply #2183 on: September 24, 2013, 11:09:09 AM »
Yeah I completely fucked up my savings and the assassination missions.. spunked all my money on property.. not realising that you get paid peanuts from them.. and not very often.. I made a bit of money from the assassination missions.. but doing them early and then doing one after another probably wasn't the wisest decision as I didn't give enough time for the stock to skyrocket or get enough money in on the act ;D 

I don't intend to just give up playing anytime soon though.. so got plenty of time to play the stock market.. although I don't seem to be having much luck so far... some guy at work said that if you steal the various lorries around the city with company logos on them.. and blow them up.. it effected their stock price.. I'm calling bullshit on this though.  I imagine you can make a bit of wonga playing online though.  Is there any way you can transfer money between characters.. would make it quicker playing the stock market without having to change character all the time.

If I cant do the heist missions again.. I might re-start the game.. would of been nice for a new game + in that respect.. don't really want to redo all the side missions I've already done.

Out of the 3 main characters, Franklin is by far and away my favourite... and Trevor would be my least favourite.. he seems a bit detached from reality and his singular missions (especially early on) were a bit too boring for me... although he does comes out with some fantastic dialogue.

Offline Late

« Reply #2184 on: September 24, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
I don't intend to just give up playing anytime soon though.. so got plenty of time to play the stock market.. although I don't seem to be having much luck so far... some guy at work said that if you steal the various lorries around the city with company logos on them.. and blow them up.. it effected their stock price.. I'm calling bullshit on this though.  I imagine you can make a bit of wonga playing online though.
I heard similar, actually. Someone said there's two companies for most industries, and if you damage one of them their stock goes down and their rivals stock goes up. I've noticed there's 2 coffee franchises, 2 fast food places, and 2 airlines, so that has a ring of truth to it.
He said that he makes big money buy buying shares in one of the airlines then blowing up the rival company's planes! I've not bought a hanger yet, so I've not tried this - I'm wanted if I go near the airfield.
It all ties in with the Lester assassination missions, tbh. Most involve damaging a company so you can make money by investing in that company's rivals.
I'm going to have to give this a look at some point, but I've not really noticed a load of coffee or fast food vans all over the city (they're probably there but I ignore them) so the airline variation might be easiest. Just need to save $2m or so, to buy the hangar...

Is there any way you can transfer money between characters.. would make it quicker playing the stock market without having to change character all the time.
I can't help thinking there probably is a way - but it eludes me so far.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2185 on: September 24, 2013, 12:31:12 PM »
I finished the story off a couple of nights ago. On about 65% complete now. Count me in as another who did the assassination missions too early.  ;D They were just so much fun! Now I've no idea how I'm going to make enough money to buy the most expensive properties!

Not sure who my favourite character is. I actually liked playing as all 3, but Franklin's conversations with Lamar began to bore me by the end as they basically consisted of one word.

Offline jman

« Reply #2186 on: September 24, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »
I stole and blew a cluckin' bell lorry up to test the theory a few days ago.. I checked the stock price straight after I lost the cops and it hadn't moved.. maybe you need to wait longer then or maybe you need to blow quite a few up.. I think I saw loads of different haulage trucks hanging round the industrial estates near the airport.

I've robbed one store although didn't even think about checking to see if they were on the stock market.. I cant remember what it was.. some stores you cant rob (like hairdressers).. I might try robbing an ammunation tonight (if possible) and seeing what happens to their stock price.

Offline Late

« Reply #2187 on: September 24, 2013, 02:49:24 PM »
Have just signed up to the rockstargames social club and the website looks bloody good.

Gives you loads of data about each of your characters, analysis of your performance on each of the missions you've done, etc.

Also has a scrollable/zoomable map that appears to show the location of events, missions, ufo parts, letter fragments, etc - marked in yellow if you've done them and white if you haven't.
You lads should sign up (if you haven't already). It's going to be an absolute godsend when I've finished the story and want to mop some of the other stuff up.

I'm also told Franklin's dog, Chop, is handy when looking for collectibles.

Edit - if you do sign up to the social club add me. I'm Late5555
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:51:57 PM by Late »

Offline jman

« Reply #2188 on: September 24, 2013, 03:35:52 PM »
Nice find!!

Started a SundayLeague Posse crew lol.. its not exactly going to be big with seemingly only 3 regular players on here but if anyone wants to join, let me know, my username is -BR4DY-  you can join multiple crews for info!

Lol.. I thought I had been bad.. you've done over 8 hours more than me late!  Although I'm in the lead with 75% completed  :P

Offline Late

« Reply #2189 on: September 24, 2013, 04:30:46 PM »
Yeah, I keep falling asleep with the game on, lol.
Example - last mission I did had a target of 9 minutes (for gold). I took 26 minutes, as I fell asleep on the way back.  ;D :-[

Have joined the SL posse. (Promotion please boss!)
LOL! @ the crew motto :D

The side-by-side comparison is handy - but a bit worrying. Now the whole world can see how frequently I'm paying for lap-dances!
That site's addictive. I can spend ages looking around at the stats.