https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 663007 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2190 on: September 25, 2013, 08:23:38 AM »
No probs "Commissoner"  ;).. yeah you've obviously been enjoying the strip clubs a little bit too much!! lol

I finished the story last night.. last mission was a little underwhelming to be honest...now looking forward to mopping up the side missions and stuff.. did try and do a few more nuclear wastes last night.. but wasn't looking where I was going and managed to actually beach the submarine lol

I also tried out the Blimp last night.. which goes pretty high.. thought I'd dive out of it since I've unlocked parachutes.. yeah you don't get a parachute in the Blimp.. spent about a minute just falling to my death lol.

Think I'll try and finish the races, the arms trafficking and the nuclear wastage tonight.. would be a good start in boosting the 100% checklist.  I'll probably sit down at the weekend, with the laptop and go through the letters and spaceship parts.. although the map doesn't show stunt jumps nor bridges..  :-\  Although just realised, apart from the missions, you don't actually have to do every available thing in each section to get 100%  ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:26:03 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2191 on: September 25, 2013, 10:06:18 AM »
Around midnight last night I'm supposed to be finding 3 or 4 of a certain car and modifying them to carry a lot of weight. Around 3am I wake up on the couch to find my character's sat in one of those cars, but he hasn't taken it to where he's supposed to be taking them. Switched the machine off. I'll re-do the mission tonight.
That's another three hours on my stats with zero accomplished! :-[

Has anyone been busted yet? I've died loads of times (about 40-50, rough guess, without checking that stats site), but I've not been arrested once. As a consequence every character is walking around with about 20 guns in their arse pocket, and around 20,000 rounds of ammo.  I'm not complaining, but it's a bit weird.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2192 on: September 25, 2013, 12:05:31 PM »
"Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes HD" is apparently the next free game for xbox gold subscribers.
That should be for the first half of October.
Some sort of "Match three" puzzle game, I believe.
Oh how you spoil us, Microsoft...

I've not downloaded the current free game - Rainbow Six Vegas. Played it about 6 years ago. It was a good game but I've better things to do than replay that one.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2193 on: September 25, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »
I thought Might and Magic was an RPG..? :-\ :o :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2194 on: September 25, 2013, 02:48:38 PM »
So did I. I guess this is some sort of spin-off game.

Offline harv

« Reply #2195 on: September 25, 2013, 03:19:18 PM »
Going to be interesting to see whether they'll up the quality of these shite games once the One launches. They've been beyond pitiful so far. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2196 on: September 25, 2013, 03:48:15 PM »
If memory serves, the plan is to release 2 games a month for the xb360 up until the end of the calendar year.
I don't think they've committed to give away any games on the xb360 after 31 December, nor any games at all on the xb1 (other than what they're giving away in launch bundles etc.)

Not sure what would be best for them in 2014, tbh. They should be pushing the xb1, but they can't really give any old games away on that if there's only a handful of games and they're all new. And I'm not sure how much they want to push the xb360. It's a nice earner for them, still, but they don't want to make it a more enticing buy than the xb1.

Sony are in a similar position, really. Do they continue to give the ps3 fantastic games for free every month, and not give anything to the ps4?

Offline jman

« Reply #2197 on: September 26, 2013, 08:06:32 AM »
Spent about 4 hours playing GTA5 last night.. and managed to move about 3% up on the 100% checklist.. lol.. finished all the trafficking missions, done about half of the nuclear wastes.. until I beached the sub again.. which is really annoying as the sub goes slow enough as it is!!  Finished a few parachute jumps which were quite fun actually, finished a lot of the races, finished the bail missions (without help) and found a few more letters.. just generally fucked around for 4 hours.. it was great fun.

After I have the 100% checklist done.. think I'm going to start replaying some of the missions to get gold medals on them (for the related achievement).. really handy that the website tells you exactly what you need to do for some of them as some of the in-game descriptions could mean anything.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit : Was just comparing missions late.. looks like we've done completely the opposite mission on every single multiple-choice heist  ;D 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:24:17 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2198 on: September 27, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »

Offline harv

« Reply #2199 on: September 27, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »
An updated trailer for Bayonetta 2 here. Looks like they've updated the textures. I wonder if Platinum are using tessellation on the Gomorrah model, either that or it's a ridiculous amount of polys :o 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #2200 on: September 29, 2013, 01:58:45 PM »
Woah! 60fps footage of Sonic Lost World here, looking stunning. What's likely to be 720p native with v-synch enabled, if this is locked at 60fps without any dips that certainly says something positive about what's under the hood. Very impressive. :o

Offline jman

« Reply #2201 on: October 01, 2013, 07:59:45 AM »
97.5% done on GTA 5.. the collectibles are starting to drag on now though.. only have two bits left to finish off the 100% checklist - 25 stunt jumps and 8 knife flights (which I haven't even unlocked yet).

I started work on the 50 stunt jumps last night but wasn't making much progress.. some of them are really tough!!  There is one where you have to jump from the mainland and land next to the lighthouse that got me stuck for ages.. the problem being that the area doesn't spawn many fast vehicles or motorbikes.. so having to go inland again to pick up the right vehicle to go back and still fuck up the jump was very frustrating.

I gave up in the end and started work on the Under The Bridge.. and I did about 30 in about an hour, so will probably complete those tonight (which unlocks the knife flights).  Again, the frustrating part of it is having to go all the way back to the airport to pick up another plane when you crash, I think I'm pretty good at flying, and some of the bridges are a real squeeze.. I did start following the in-game map (type in junk into the search engine, go-to the energy drink website, confirm your 21, then click the link in the top right hand corner)... but following it is tough because there are so many in the south area, its easy to lose track of which ones you've actually done.

Hopefully though, the online portion is supposed to be released today so will give that a shot I think.

Offline Late

« Reply #2202 on: October 01, 2013, 11:12:44 AM »
Still a way behind you. I'm currently at about 88%. I keep getting distracted and going off exploring.

Spent a pleasant evening at the Playboy Mansion last night.

Finished the ufo parts on Sunday. The one balanced on the bridge was a ball-acher. Tried parachuting onto it; eventually parked my heli on it.

Then finished the letter parts, and avenged Lenora or whatever she'd called - before tracking down her ghost.
That's some creepy shit right there.

That photo's not mine. I did get a pic, but I was too far away and she disappeared when I got closer, so I've used someone else pic there.

I did start following the in-game map (type in junk into the search engine, go-to the energy drink website, confirm your 21, then click the link in the top right hand corner)...
Oooh, nice - ta. Will give that a look.

I'm currently working on getting Michael into the Scientologist cult.

Am up for online, if I get the chance.
Will have to dig out my headset. I know I have one somewhere, but it's about 3 or 4 years since I last used it.

Offline jman

« Reply #2203 on: October 01, 2013, 01:09:54 PM »
Yeah I'm halfway through the Kifflom achievement myself.. am on the hunt for vehicles.. some of them you can buy but haven't got a clue where to look for the ones you can't, might have to do a bit of research on that one...

That bridge ufo part was a bugger.. I did do it on my 2nd attempt (I parachuted onto it).. I tried to park a chopper there the first time and blew up lol.  Its so handy putting waypoints on your map (with Y).. although I didn't realise you could only put 10 on it at one go.. and as a result, lost 40 of them when I tried to 50 points on for the ufo parts lol.

I actually might leave online for another day.. rockstar have said the servers will probably be temperamental for the first couple of days.. if I get a good run on the stunt jumps and bridge challenges tonight.. I might go all the way and finish those off before venturing online... apparently the lighthouse is one of the hardest ones.. but seen a video showing you can do it in a taxi.. and autosaving before the jump can save valuable time if you fuck it up.

Offline Late

« Reply #2204 on: October 01, 2013, 02:48:06 PM »
Yeah I'm halfway through the Kifflom achievement myself.. am on the hunt for vehicles.. some of them you can buy but haven't got a clue where to look for the ones you can't, might have to do a bit of research on that one...

Try the Lifeinvader offices. Several of them randomly spawn in the parking bay there.
I found 3 in total, and paid for the other two.
(Of course, both the ones I paid for were all over the bloody place just afterward.)