https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662886 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2235 on: October 08, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »
GTA V missions:
23/77 main
12/43 strangers.
So still a way behind you, Kieron.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2236 on: October 08, 2013, 07:51:53 PM »
Nope, that's the Ouya or Amazon one you're thinking of. This news from Mad Catz is new.

So this gen we're going to see the following consoles:

Wii U
PS4
One
Ouya
Amazon box
Apple box
Mad Catz box
Steam box

What could possibly go wrong...? :o :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #2237 on: October 08, 2013, 07:54:13 PM »
Have just seen this on Gaf. And no, it isn't a parody, it's a serious article lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2238 on: October 08, 2013, 08:27:59 PM »
What's this madcatz console called?
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2239 on: October 08, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »
Mad Catz Mojo

Its android based.. so it's not a real console, out on 10th December - RRP = £219.99 - I've got a feeling they ain't gonna sell many with a price like that lol

Done with GTA5 for tonight now:
17/72 main
35/43 strangers.

18 to go.. although I'm really running out of easy missions now lol.. weird that a Sasquatch stranger mission popped up recently for no apparent reason.. I still haven't done Trevor's stranger mission where you have to smash all the for sale signs down.. don't think that would have a medal towards it.  I noticed some missions, if you kill yourself to reset your mission, any counters you have (like the collision counter on Franklins Shift Work mission) accumulate... meaning you have to do that checkpoint first time!  There's a heist mission called Carbine Rifles where you have to lose a 3 star wanted level in 2 minutes... I spent about 10 minutes trying to do that, killing myself if I felt the 2 minutes had passed.... eventually did it and finished the mission only to be clocked in at about 10 bloody minutes accumulative.. d'oh  :o
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:47:21 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #2240 on: October 08, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »
What's this madcatz console called?

M.O.J.O., bit of a shite name too lol. Has a Tegra 4 and is going to be $250 when it launches. :o

Offline Late

« Reply #2241 on: October 08, 2013, 08:59:35 PM »
Android device, and it was announced months ago at e3.  ::)
Definitely not a contender. Was semi-tempted by the £100 ouya but decided against it in the end. Definitely wouldn't fancy paying more than double that for a slightly more powerful version of the same thing.

Offline harv

« Reply #2242 on: October 08, 2013, 09:13:19 PM »
Was it..? Oops, my bad. There's so many of the things it's easy to get confused lol.

Offline jman

« Reply #2243 on: October 09, 2013, 09:05:52 PM »
Solid gold baby  ;D

Played an hour online, bit disappointed with it tbh, I was hoping for more of a MMO experience.  Some fucker was waiting outside a store whilst I was doing the tutorial and shot the shit out of me when I came out and stole my new car, so I traversed the map and found he had totally trashed it, he got away in a different car just as I was getting up to him, spent another 10 minutes hunting him down for my revenge, which I did eventually get  8)

Also won the first race too by a mile  :P

Don't know why but thought there would be plenty of people wanting to do missions online but seemed like everyone was more interested in just killing you
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:07:35 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2244 on: October 10, 2013, 12:55:07 PM »
When I've been online I've spent most of my time just doing races (and the occasional deathmatch or mission).
Start or join a race, and when it's finished it asks everyone in your lobby to choose between doing the same one again, pick one of six new ones, or refresh the list.
Pop out of the game from time to time to bank your cash and have a bit of fun in the open world, then back into the races/matches.

Offline jman

« Reply #2245 on: October 10, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »
Meh, the races don't really appeal to me.. mainly because they are bound to be uneven, in terms of people who have pimped their cars to shit and people like me who are just starting out.. also its racing.. its not that much fun in the context of the other stuff anyway.

Deathmatches also don't appeal to me that much either.. again, you have more money, you can afford better guns - and with everyone having the auto-aim.. its pretty much a given that the player with the best guns wins..

Money = success in all types of vs. modes.. I'm not sure I can be arsed with that.. especially since players can just pay for quick success.. I hate systems that work like that.

I didn't get chance to try a mission out after the tutorial one.. mainly because everyone pissed off and there was literally about 2 or 3 players left... I guess I needed to change server.. but wasn't sure how... but even with the first mission where I was paired with 3 other people, I was driving to the mission and they all bailed out of the car straight away.. I found them later trying to run me over mid mission ::) and when I finally spotted someone actually doing the mission, he was doing exactly what I was doing.. at the same time., I could of just let him do it all... I actually thought they were on a completely separate mission to me at first... it just seemed so unorganized, if the option was there for me to tackle smaller missions on my own (if I wanted too) and then bigger missions like heists required a group of people.. I would probably be able to live with that.. but not sure how much play I'll get out of online.. its just not as good (or rather, its not as suitable to me) as I was expecting.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:59:58 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2246 on: October 10, 2013, 06:04:32 PM »
I think the host has the option to allow customised loadouts and vehicles - but in pretty much every race and death match everyone has started with the same. I think you've just been really unlucky there.
I only did one mission, and there were three random guys with me. I died, the other three completed it without me, I got mission success. Again, you've just been unlucky (or I was just very lucky).
I've not done much open play but it's been fine - I got killed one or twice randomly, and I killed one or twice randomly (mainly revenge). At one point I jumped in a random player's car, we went to a convenience store and both pulled out guns on the cashier. My accomplice in crime then shot me and made good his escape. I could be annoyed at that but tbh I just found it funny.

Offline Late

« Reply #2247 on: October 10, 2013, 06:30:40 PM »
Solid gold baby  ;D
Call it a draw?
I'm on 26/77 main and 27/43 freaks. 53 is pretty much the same as 70...

Offline jman

« Reply #2248 on: October 11, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »
 :P  The last 10 did take a while..

I swear.. if I ever have to do Dom's mountain bike race challenge again though, I'm likely to throw the controller out the window.. lost count on the amount of times I had to restart from the top of the mountain checkpoint because I rode off the track by accident  >:(

Offline Late

« Reply #2249 on: October 12, 2013, 11:35:11 AM »
I think I aced that one on my initial playthrough ;)
I'm close now - think I'm on about 65, but haven't played much in the last couple of days.
Rockstar have announced they're giving everyone $500k on gtao, to apologize for the server problems - which are now mostly solved. Your bank balance should go up by $250k on each of the next two updates so long as you've been online at some point in October.

I was tempted by "Injustice - Gods Among Us" but as a fighting game it's one of those games where you know they'll milk everyone as much as possible with loads of extra characters by dlc - and boy did they. The "complete edition" has now been announced, and is pretty cheap. Available for £22.85 to preorder at ShopTo. Have gone for it.

ShopTo
hukd

Edit - autocorrect
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:38:12 AM by Late »