https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662900 times)

Offline ancelotti

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2250 on: October 13, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »
What's the trick to riding a bike really fast, Late?  >:( ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2251 on: October 13, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »

Stop talking about late's Mum like that, it isn't nice!!! :o :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2252 on: October 14, 2013, 01:20:48 AM »
Did I play online with you Sat night?
I have a vague recollection but was pretty blotto.

I usually stick to cars where possible. In bike races I always pick the Bati because I'm used to the handling, but if I won it'll have been been luck more than skill.

I did the estate agent freak mission where you smash the signs today. Unlocks a few new mini missions (but nothing exciting).
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2253 on: October 14, 2013, 08:06:06 AM »
I played a few races last week, did a few last man standings.. and a few missions.. but think I'm going to put GTA5 on ebay this week.. online mode just isn't for me, plus I can still get £35 for it.. and there are less than 40 days left until the X1 comes out, so it will go nicely towards Dead Rising 3.  Am planning to take the majority of the rest down to GAME this weekend coming.

Started on working my way up to 100k in achievements.. plenty of games to choose from to increase my GS but want a easy, quick one.. so stuck Kinect Adventures in... and got just under 200 in less than an hour.. although I was knackered after that lol.. Just need to get to 99,900 and then I've got plenty of arcade games to choose from to increase it carefully up to 99980.. which at that point.. all bets are off.. no more games will be played and I'm going to stick Lost Odyssey in and play through that one last time  8)

I was thinking of going through Dishonored before you mentioned it on another thread late.. although I just hate the thought of playing a stealthy game.. which is a shame because the game was setting up nicely from what I remember of it and very reminiscent of Bioshock I thought.. and I know the game doesn't always force you to play stealthy, but its always the best approach and you get bonuses for doing so, I just generally hate stealth games.. I find them boring.

Offline jman

« Reply #2254 on: October 14, 2013, 11:39:30 AM »
Looks like I'll be playing the X1 & PS4 in a few weeks.  Been announced they will both be playable at the Gadget Show Live expo which I'm going too.. awesome  ;D  Be interesting to see which queue will be the biggest.. gonna get there quite early and hope we don't have to wait too long to play them  :P

Offline Late

« Reply #2255 on: October 14, 2013, 11:43:15 AM »
I was thinking of going through Dishonored before you mentioned it on another thread late.. although I just hate the thought of playing a stealthy game.. which is a shame because the game was setting up nicely from what I remember of it and very reminiscent of Bioshock I thought.. and I know the game doesn't always force you to play stealthy, but its always the best approach and you get bonuses for doing so, I just generally hate stealth games.. I find them boring.

Go for it - you won't regret it.
In some ways it does encourage stealth, but it certainly doesn't demand it - and it caters perfectly well for those who like to be a bit more gung-ho.
If you want to go all Rambo you'll still get a fantastic game. The story caters for it - so if you kill lots of people than certain things happen throughout the story, and there's different endings depending on how you play (what decisions you make, whether you kill or spare key people, and whether you kill or hide from all the guards etc.).
As you say, there's encouragement (an achievement) for being stealthy. But there's also achievements for killing a massive number of people and bringing maximum death and destruction.

I often say I'd like to replay a game, but then don't actually get 'round to it, but with Dishonored I think I restarted the story immediately upon completing it the first time - and I could happily play it through again another once or twice (had I not sold it).
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2256 on: October 15, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
Aw bollocks, Watch Dogs has been delayed until after 1st April next year >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2257 on: October 16, 2013, 04:25:37 AM »

Offline jman

« Reply #2258 on: October 16, 2013, 08:20:14 AM »
Aw bollocks, Watch Dogs has been delayed until after 1st April next year >:(

Shame.. Watch Dogs was one of the PS4 best launch games available.. plus they had a Watch Dogs bundle too... wonder if it will affect sales at all.

Even worse news (imo) is that they also pushed back The Crew to Q3 2014  :(

Offline harv

« Reply #2259 on: October 17, 2013, 05:52:57 PM »
Looks like Sonic Lost World is going to get mixed reviews tomorrow. It's been available from the eShop since 3pm and going by user feedback so far it's going to take you 45-60 minutes to get the hang of the controls and once you do the game is great...unfortunately reviewers tend to be shite at playing games and don't like anything that involves a bit of skill so you'll have more than a few complaining that the controls are 'broken'. ::) :-\

Offline Late

« Reply #2260 on: October 17, 2013, 10:09:14 PM »
Rumours abound today that Driveclub is delayed until 2014.
If true, and combined with the Watch Dogs news, Sony's launch lineup is taking a hit.

Offline harv

« Reply #2261 on: October 17, 2013, 11:14:20 PM »
Yup, I've seen a good few people saying they're cancelling their pre-orders and getting Wii Us for Christmas instead which has quite surprised me. :o

Offline Late

« Reply #2262 on: October 18, 2013, 01:35:10 AM »

Offline harv

« Reply #2263 on: October 18, 2013, 02:18:54 AM »
That latest trailer for Super Mario 3D World and those screenshots I've posted above combined with those delayed PS4 games has been the turning point for quite a few people. Like I said I was pretty surprised at that myself :o

Offline jman

« Reply #2264 on: October 18, 2013, 07:56:45 AM »