https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662687 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2310 on: October 29, 2013, 08:29:02 PM »
lol this game is fun.. although I can feel my wrists getting a bit tired out already - lol - I mean by playing the game of course.. topped the global leaderboards on a few levels already - although I imagine as more people play I'll be knocked down a peg or two.. but goes to show.. I'm an awesome typist!

Offline harv

« Reply #2311 on: October 29, 2013, 08:58:03 PM »
Has it got the same story as House Of The Dead Overkill..? If you haven't played Overkill it's really funny in places lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2312 on: October 29, 2013, 09:11:32 PM »
Yep think so.. oodles of swear words, stupid plot - but funny regardless.. another leaderboard topped.. go me  ;D   I only started it on Agent.. its way too easy.. will finish it first, then swap over to Motherfucker lol

______________________________________________________________________________________

Fuck me, gotta stop playing now, hands are really aching after I tried the mini-games lol... shame there are no leaderboards on them... didn't realise but it has both The Typing of The Dead Overkill & The House of The Dead Overkill - I guess you use your mouse?  Will try it out tomorrow at work  ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:05:58 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2313 on: October 30, 2013, 04:13:54 PM »
Too late for Kieron, but if anyone's interested in that "Typing of the Dead" game it can be had a bit cheaper if you get it from greenmangaming. Using the code GMG20-50Z66-SCTEU brings it down to £5.99.
(Source)

"Planetside 2" (ps4) has been delayed. Was supposed to be a launch title (digital) but is now pushed back until early 2014.
Free to play online MMOFPS with paid content, I believe the game is popular on pc. Not the biggest of the ps4's launch titles, but still annoying for those who were looking forward to it.

New trailers for Sims 4 (doesn't really tell or show you anything), for Command & Conquer (doesn't show much, looks pretty, but I preferred the series when they were more basic), Lords of the Fallen, and Fifa 14.
C&C has been binned.
I used to love the Command & Conquer games back in the day, but haven't been keen on most of their efforts in the last decade or so, so not a massive loss really imo.
I believe it was supposed to be free to play PC - but the beta didn't go down well.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2314 on: October 31, 2013, 03:23:49 PM »
Odd news on Titanfall (which is looking absolutely fantastic).
It was originally announced as a Microsoft timed exclusive - coming to xb1, xb360, and pc.
It was never specifically stated that it'll definitely come to Sony's machine(s) but it was pretty much widely acknowledged.

But yesterday Respawn Entertainment announced that the first Titanfall will never be released on ps4.

Strange that Microsoft seem to have moved up from timed exclusive to full exclusive for the game. That must've cost an absolute fortune, as it's one of the most talked about upcoming games and a later release to ps3 and/or ps4 would've brought in much coin. But the "first" in that statement is also very telling - indicating they're already planning Titanfall 2, and have no exclusivity deal in place for it. Yet.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2315 on: November 01, 2013, 02:24:56 PM »
Finally priced up my games on GAME/CEX/ebay in a spreadsheet.

There's actually only 6 games which I'm not going to sell on ebay, where CEX offers more than GAME - so I'm going to take those 6 games into GAME tomorrow - try and wing the £1 deal on each of them.. but if I can't then its only a fiver I'll lose out on -> should get £23 for them.. then nip to the next GAME shop which is just down the road and sell on the 6 where GAME beats the price of CEX.. should get £24 for that lot - so a shade under £50 for 12 really old games isn't too bad at all.

Had a look at the average price of some of my stuff that has been sold on ebay in the last few days and surprised that I can still get quite a bit for some of it.. used controllers going for £15.. 20gb hard drive for around £10.. my 2 guitars should fetch £10 each too I reckon.

One of my venom controller plug and play leads is fucked too.. so I might as well sell my extra controller.. since I can only really charge one at a time now (that's if I can find the actual battery pack for it)

Offline jman

« Reply #2316 on: November 02, 2013, 01:00:20 PM »
Did alright out of game, not only did I get £1 extra on each price matched game but also 20% extra on top of each of the others as I was trading in more than 3 games at a time and they have a deal on.  God knows why they are doing that as the guy said they have way too much preowned stock at the moment

Offline Late

« Reply #2317 on: November 02, 2013, 01:05:06 PM »
Good result :D

Used £20 of my Game credit yesterday to buy SR4. Wanted something different to play. Forgot I have a games backlog.

Offline harv

« Reply #2318 on: November 02, 2013, 02:20:01 PM »
Did alright out of game, not only did I get £1 extra on each price matched game but also 20% extra on top of each of the others as I was trading in more than 3 games at a time and they have a deal on.  God knows why they are doing that as the guy said they have way too much preowned stock at the moment

There's no such thing as too much stock at Christmas, that's why they're doing the deal.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #2319 on: November 03, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
Well had a hands on with Forza 5 today, and it's absolutely stunning, can't wait to get it now, wandered over to the ps4 stand and drive club in comparison looks awful, couldn't be arsed queuing to play it but I have to say everytime we went over to the gamezone, there looked to be way more people crowded round the Microsoft stands.

Also played battlefield 4 which just looked exactly like bf3, wasn't too impressed

Offline harv

« Reply #2320 on: November 03, 2013, 06:34:40 PM »
Yup, and Battlefield 4 is your usual DICE mess too apparently. It's buggy beyond belief and the online is pretty much broken. Sony and Microsoft shouldn't allow publishers to release games in that state, it couldn't have passed Functional Testing let alone Standards Testing. I don't know how EA get away with it tbh. I've seen nothing but gamers complaining about it since it launched. :-\

If you're going to get it then you're better off waiting for another month or so for a patch or two.

Offline jman

« Reply #2321 on: November 04, 2013, 07:54:58 AM »
The reason I was unimpressed was to do with the fact that it just felt exactly like Bf3 and there was nothing new there. we did only play it for 10 minutes because we wanted to get round the other stuff.

On disc 3 on lost odyssey now.. the weakest disc imo as all your party get split up for the majority of the disc.. should be onto disc 4 by tomorrow I reckon - should experience some real difficultly spikes then.. its been plain sailing so far.. but then I have already played it through twice  :P  Not looking forward to traversing the Temple of Enlightenment to get all the treasures in there  :-\

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2322 on: November 04, 2013, 08:16:38 AM »
I don't know if I've played a better JRPG than Lost Odyssey this gen. Probably not... most were a letdown. I even read all the dream sequences... they were so good. Would love a sequel.

Offline Late

« Reply #2323 on: November 04, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »
Couldn't be arsed with the dream sequences, but thoroughly enjoyed Lost Odyssey.

Been playing Saints Row 4 over the weekend. It's an odd one. The story's completely batty, but I'm comfortable with that. The city layout is decent, but familiar - being largely the same as previous instalments. Running and jumping around the city is fantastic fun. Combat is okay. Definitely not it's strongest point, but workable.
But the missions are so bloody repetitive. I swear there's about 100 missions but it's just the same ten missions played over and over but with tiny inconsequential differences.

Will get another couple of days out of it, then I imagine I'll move on to COD. I've not preordered it yet, and am not sure where I'll get it, but I'll probably pick it up in the next day or two from whichever place has the best deal (probably a supermarket).
Speaking of COD, I never did get the single player campaign mode finished on the last instalment (Black Ops 2). In fact I barely started it. Did an hour or two when my internet was down one day, and that was my lot. First time I've ever skipped the story in a COD (and I hear it was actually decent).

Was going to get COD from Game, and then use their guaranteed £40 trade-in to upgrade to the xb1 version in two and a half weeks, but it's £45 for the xb360 version and £50 for the xb1 version so I'd end up paying £55 total.
If I can get the xb360 version for about £35 elsewhere, then find a way to trade it up to the xb1 version for a tenner* then it's £10 saved.

*I know there's some sort of initiative by Activision to allow people to trade up for £10, but I've no idea how it works - i.e. which retailers are doing it.
Just looked it up. Looks like the upgrade program for Sony is a lot better than the Microsoft one. Way to go yet again Microsoft.
ps3 copies of the game all include a code in the box. The code allows you to download a digital copy of the game for ps4 for $9.99. (Apparently you'll need to keep your ps3 physical disk to play your ps4 digital version. I'm not sure how that works.)
xb360 copies don't come with a code in the box. With xbox if you download the digital version to your 360 you can later buy the digital version on your One for $9.99. The only options for upgrade of they physical game are Game's offer, or the old "buy it, play it a while, and sell it when you get your new console"...
Might be best to go with Game's offer after all. On the bright side it means you get a bonus map.
Ridiculous that I'll be paying £55 and at the end of the day I'll have the game on the xb1, whereas Playstation owners will probably pay around £45 (assuming there's a £35 launch day deal) and will have the game on both ps3 and ps4.

Offline jman

« Reply #2324 on: November 04, 2013, 02:27:49 PM »
I'd definitely recommend playing Lost Odyssey again (if you still have it).. the dream sequences are a bit long winded.. but do add to the story, in fact some major story elements come from them.. unfortunately my game has crashed a few times trying to load some dream sequences up so I am skipping pretty much all of them.. I had read them before though.. if you do fancy giving it another shot - there's some great websites here and here which are helping me out... I have transferred the x360a guide all to Word in an easy "mark off" sheet - reduced the font size and put them altogether in a nice format - and it still spans 17 pages lol.

Whilst I agree its probably the best JRPG this gen.. this gen has been woeful in terms of quality JRPGs.. Lost Odyssey, Resonance of Fate and Blue Dragon were the only 3 I really enjoyed.. and I pretty much owned 90% of all of the ones released in Europe.  I hope they make a sequel - there is so much scope for it.. but I wouldn't hold out for one...