https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662803 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2370 on: November 15, 2013, 09:21:06 PM »
Aye, I did enjoy replaying Lost Odyssey - clocked in at 46:50 minutes in the end.. I still have 2 achievements to get in the game, so I intend to completely finish it still - but not touching another 360 game now for the foreseeable future.. although I know I want to replay and 100% all the Half Life games in The Orange Box sometime in the future as well..

I tracked down that erroneous 20GS on my account.. its an achievement I got in an arcade game called Catan which hasn't linked up to xbox live for some reason - so my true score is actually 100020GS -  :( lol.. I'm hazarding a guess here, but I think it was around the time I got my last new console and obviously recovered my profile on it, at that time, the profile might of had an achievement on it that hadn't synched up.. that's my best guess.. how I get that achievement back - I don't know.. nor do I want to know.. for the next week  :P   (It might actually synch up again when I get my X1 and add my profile onto that.. or it might synch up if I go back into the game.. and get another achievement on it)

Offline Late

« Reply #2371 on: November 15, 2013, 09:40:55 PM »
Shake about having 4987 achievements complete, mind. So close to 5k... ;)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2372 on: November 16, 2013, 07:42:31 AM »
lol.. stop trying to wind me up  :P

Offline harv

« Reply #2373 on: November 16, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
Bollocks, I'm more out of practice than I thought I'd be with Tennis and Bowling lol :-[ ;D

Had 4 games of Tennis online won 2 and lost 2.

Had 1 game of Bowling online and ended up in last place out of 4 lol :-[ :-[ :-[ ;D

There was only 2 points between 3rd and 4th though so not a complete disaster. Namco Bandai haven't done a bad job as it goes,aalthough the animation with the Bowling doesn't look quite right. Still, a very smooth online experience and I can see myself playing Bowling and Golf (assuming they don't fuck it up) for years. Like I said before I'd still be playing the original Wii Sports games today if it had online play.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2374 on: November 18, 2013, 05:08:06 PM »
Ah bollocks to staying on 100k till Friday, itching to play the xbox tonight lol.. wanna either finish Lost Odyssey or try out Iron Brigade.. the free game on Games With Gold.. you might want to check it out late if you haven't already played it.. its tower defense.. and pretty good going by reviews... personally I've never heard of it.. I'm downloading at the moment.. it could be rubbish.

Offline Late

« Reply #2375 on: November 18, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »
Will be sure to check that out - cheers bud.

Tried one of the games with gold offerings from a month or two back over the weekend. Some shite card game. Absolute bollocks.

Finished SR4. Got round the bug by sticking to only using Earth weapons - turns out the alien tech somehow screws that level up.

Played something called Blacksite. Got it for a quid or so s/h a long while back. Pretty short campaign, and got mediocre scores when released way back in Nov 07 but it was okay as a mild diversion for a few hours. Played it on easy as I just wanted to blast through it.

Ordered Arkham Origins (xb360) last night.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2376 on: November 19, 2013, 08:01:21 AM »
Maybe Iron Brigade isn't an tower defense game after all.. I didn't get very far before I had to turn it off.. its not bad though.

Seeing as I got 3 more achievements last night - I think I'll be aiming to land on 5000 achievements for friday instead of finishing on 100k  :P

Offline Late

« Reply #2377 on: November 19, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »
Yeah, it's a hybrid 3rd-person-shooter/tower-defence.
I prefer out-and-out tower defence, but it's still pretty good. Did the first three levels a couple of times each (to level up my basic guns and towers a little bit).

Offline jman

« Reply #2378 on: November 19, 2013, 06:59:56 PM »
Fuck Lost Odyssey's DLC boss.. I just have to beat this guy for the last chievo in the game and it was my first attempt ever tonight - he's just insanely difficult... there is literally only one way to beat him.. I feel like I've cheated the game in some way having looked it up - but the chance of actually preparing your group correctly and knowing how to beat him without doing so is precisely zero. 

He has over 100k health, physical hits do 1 or 2 damage and he always casts reflect on his 2nd turn - meaning spells are pointless thereafter (you cant remove reflect off an enemy - you have to wait till it dissipates) .. oh and he casts generatus on his first turn as well which heals him for 20k each go.. and his other spells - annihilation and kelo-cannon are capable of wiping your whole party in one go (regardless of any buffs you have)

The most annoying part - is the 20-30 minute trek you have to take to get to him everytime you want to retry (as there are no save points).  I might try and beat him tomorrow (using a guide) - just the once - if I fail, then the game can get fucked lol  >:(

Offline Late

« Reply #2379 on: November 20, 2013, 11:19:18 AM »
Ordered Arkham Origins (xb360) last night.
So Arkham Origins arrived yesterday. (Ordered on the 18th, received on the 19th - not bad at all.)
After about half an hour I finally managed to get past the title screen and actually start playing the game...

TBH that's soured the game for me. It seems decent enough once you get into it, but the problems getting the game to actually play are almost enough to make you not want to bother.
PC users might be accustomed to bugs, glitches, and a certain degree of faffing around before playing games, but I'm a console gamer and AAA titles definitely should not have these problems. (Looks like it's a problem with the online servers. Despite the fact I'm not playing online. Disabling xbox live seems to work. Now I just need to find a quick and easy way to disable xbox live without powering down the router or deleting my network from the xbox. I'm sure there's a way...)

Can't comment too much on the story or acting etc. at this point, as I'm not very far through it.
I can say, though, that Tracey's voice is bloody annoying.

One a side note, I'm on a bad run. You go years without seeing a buggy game, especially a AAA one, but the last two I've bought have been horrendously bug-ridden, virtually to the point of unplayable. (Arkham Origins and Saints Row IV.)

Offline harv

« Reply #2380 on: November 20, 2013, 01:22:35 PM »
Had another go on Wii Sports Club again last night and lost more matches. The problem is that the 1:1 controls for the Tennis makes the game less accessible, I'm playing it the way I played the original out of habit so a lot of my shots aren't working out lol :-[ ;D

I'm better with the Bowling because Resorts used 1:1 motion tracking, got 4 strikes in a row last night 8)

Definitely worth the £8.99 each I paid for them because whilst the games are less accessible the gameplay is much deeper as a result. Can't wait until Golf and Boxing are released, they're going to be a blast lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2381 on: November 25, 2013, 02:42:40 AM »
Some of you may be interested in browsing through the Gaf next-generation screenshots thread.

Killzone is looking amazing, and the Wii U screenshots certainly don't look too out of place there, particularly Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3.

Offline Late

« Reply #2382 on: November 25, 2013, 03:16:13 AM »

Offline Late

« Reply #2383 on: November 25, 2013, 10:05:39 AM »
Ugh. How did I miss this major fuckup by Currys...

Some of their customers didn't get their Day One xboxes on Friday, so Currys compensated them with a code for £20 off any xbox one game. Fair enough, except they didn't generate a load of one-use codes for them - they used a generic code which anyone could use, as many times as they wanted. Also turns out you could use it on anything they sell.
The code went viral very quickly. But eluded my radar :(
Unlikely to be honoured, but always worth a try.

Code was posted on hukd at around 11.30 Friday night. Currys killed it at around 8.45am Saturday morning.

Some folk are now reporting they've had their orders dispatched or delivered...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:11:12 AM by Late »

Offline jman

« Reply #2384 on: November 25, 2013, 11:01:28 AM »
I must of just missed it then.. I thought I had logged in to HUKD around 8:00-8:15 on Saturday morning.. signed up for a currys account, put Ryse in my basket, and the code didn't work.  Not that I can actually afford any more games now - but it was worth a try  ;D