https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 662835 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2385 on: November 25, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »
The Wii U is set to be overtaken by both the xbox One and the ps4 in the UK within the next fortnight.
lolz.

mcv
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2386 on: November 25, 2013, 05:40:11 PM »
Yup, it's been failing hard in the UK for some reason. And in indie retailers the PS4 has been trouncing the One too. The PS4 orders are outnumbering the One by 5:1.

Going to be interesting to see what happens when Christmas shopping starts next month. Super Mario 3D World should give the Wii U a good boost and PS4s and Ones will probably be supply constrained. We should see the Wii U having an installed userbase over 7m before the end of the year, and there are rumours of Reggie dropping a Megaton of some sort at the VGX on the 7th December.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline larry

« Reply #2387 on: November 27, 2013, 09:29:54 AM »
Just finished Dead Space 2, i enjoyed it just as much as the first one! I hate to think how many times i found myself squirming around on the sofa though  :o Having headphones on really add to the atmosphere.

Find myself between games at the mo, ive quite a back log. Infamous 2, Far Cry 3, AC 3, Mafia 2, Battlefield 3, Max Payne, Dues Ex Human Revolution all still to play. Plus ive still a loads of oldies that id like to play before i opt for the next gen!

The Last Of Us
Tomb Raider
Batman: Arkham City
Gran Turismo 6
Skyrim
God Of War: Ascention
Bio Shock: Infinite
Heavy Rain
Dead Space 3
Dishonored
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Bio Shock
Bio Shock 2
Resistance: Fall Of Man
Resident Evil 5
God Of War: Origins Collection
The Walking Dead
Assassins Creed 4 : Black Flag
Batman : Arkham Origins
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Portal 2
The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion

To name a few :o

PS4 will just have to wait!

Offline Late

« Reply #2388 on: November 27, 2013, 10:50:46 AM »
You do right to wait, Larry.
I've got a backlog of games for my 360, including some fantastic ones (and a few bargain bucket ones) - and fully intend to play them at some point. But I feel little inclination to fire up the 360 when the One is sat there! I did start the 360 yesterday at one point but only because I'd picked up the wrong controller by mistake.

I was about a quarter of the way through Arkham Origins when I got the new machine. I'm definitely keen to go back to that - despite it being rather buggy.
And I've got Injustice GOTY preordered from ShopTo for the 360. Haven't paid for it yet, and tbh I'm tempted to cancel it - despite it looking great fun, and me having caught it at a good price. Decisions, decisions. Gotta decide today, really, as the game comes out on Friday.

Enjoying COD Ghosts multiplayer, though I'm doing rather rubbish. So long as it's good fun though I don't care. Know my way around a couple of the maps, now, and consistently get lost on the others! They're generally slightly bigger maps than you usually get on COD, which is handy when you've got 18 people playing.
There's still a little bit of aim assist, but it's been turned right down - which is great because it was ridiculous on Black Ops 2 with people quickscoping.
Haven't tried the Alien subgame yet (I forget it's name, but it looks like it's basically a variation of Nazi Zombies). I'll give that a look some time this week, when my second controller arrives. I think delivery's today but nobody's home so I'll probably have to pick it up from the sorting office tomorrow.
Haven't played Squads either. Don't really know what it is, tbh, but I think it's just multiplayer with bots.
My internet was a bit patchy last night so I started the campaign mode, and am enjoying that. It's much more linear than on Black Ops 2, so is not rated as highly, but I like that they keep it simple. Couldn't get into Blops 2 campaign, so only did the first couple of missions. (That's another thing I need to go back and finish off on the 360!)

Haven't played much Forza. It's good, but I'm much more into FPSs than driving games - so I've only done the six races (the first championship), which I played on the first day or two. Sorry about missing our planned race t'other day, Kieron. We'll get a game soon mate.

Watched a BluRay on the One last night. My old BD player didn't have an internet connection, and I've always wondered what all the fancy BDLive stuff was about. I see now that I wasn't missing much. Seems to mainly be an opportunity for distributors to get extra adverts on your telly. Nice to see the One played the film beautifully, though, and with with no noisy fans so I guess I'll give the old BD player to the kids.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #2389 on: November 28, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »
Microsoft's "Games with Gold" for the 360 in December:

01/12-15/12 - Gears of War. Were you looking for a number, or the word "judgement" at the end, there? Dream on. Yes, this is the original from 2006. Which was a great game in it's day - but if you have a 360 you've either played this or you have zero interest. After all, if you wanted it you'd have bought it long ago. It's probably only about fifty pence for a second hand copy.
16/12-31/12 - Shoot Many Robots. I don't know much about this one, but I'm guessing there's robots. Probably many of them. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say you probably have to shoot them. A quick look indicates it's a side-scrolling shooter that came out on XBLA in summer 2012.

Offline harv

« Reply #2390 on: November 28, 2013, 06:50:49 PM »
Bloody hell, they're getting even worse!!!! :o

What about One titles, haven't they started doing this for the One yet..? You get PS3, Vita and PS4 titles with PlayStation+ when the PS4 launches tomorrow. And if you don't have a PS4 yet you can 'buy' them using a PC browser so that you can have a load of free games waiting for you to download when you do eventually buy one. I really can't believe that Microsoft haven't stepped this up in quality yet. It's a joke tbh :-\ :o :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2391 on: November 28, 2013, 10:41:54 PM »
Games for Gold will be added to the xb One in 2014, but they've not given any further details yet.

Offline harv

« Reply #2392 on: November 28, 2013, 11:02:01 PM »
Amazon are doing a year PlayStation Plus subscription for $29.99 which is around £20 for Black Friday. Might jump on that if we can use US codes in the UK. I have a US account so if I can't use my UK account with it I'll just use my US account when I get my PS4 next year.

Like I said, Microsoft really need to step up their game as far as subscriptions goes. It's really piss poor compared to Sony. :-\

Offline larry

« Reply #2393 on: November 29, 2013, 09:27:21 AM »
Ive had Playstation plus for 9 months now, brilliant value for money. The only problem is getting round to playing them all!

If anyone spots a UK deal for £29.99 let me know, ill snap it up. Mine runs out in Feb next year, so looking to renew.

Hopefully the titles will still rollout on the PS3 now that PS4 is here!?

Started playing Mafia 2 the last few nights, to sum it up..... a poor mans GTA

Offline Late

« Reply #2394 on: November 29, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
Yeah, Mafia 2 was frustrating. I spent a while off-mission at one point making a load of money (selling cars if memory serves) only to discover that when you do the next mission you get all your money wiped out. I was not best pleased!

Sony have confirmed that they'll continue playstation plus's free games thing for the forseeable future on ps3, ps4, and psv.

Offline larry

« Reply #2395 on: November 29, 2013, 11:45:03 AM »
Sony have confirmed that they'll continue playstation plus's free games thing for the forseeable future on ps3, ps4, and psv.

;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2396 on: November 29, 2013, 02:47:53 PM »
Decided to get two, PSN is getting hammered at the moment so can't tell if it's worked okay yet. Can't see it being a problem though. Think I'll register one when the servers stop smoking and one nearer Christmas because they tend to do a register 12 months get 3 months free kind of thing.

Should be set up with plenty of games when I get my PS4 next year, nice 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #2397 on: November 29, 2013, 03:19:24 PM »
Am I missing something here.. pretty sure you need the PS4 hardware to download the PS4 games on PS+ harv..  :o :-\  What are you actually planning to do ?

And with the one (59 rated) indie PS4 game currently on PS+ I don't think Microsoft have anything major to worry about at the moment.. would be nice if Games with Gold had a better quality releases on it.. but I still wouldn't get much use out of it.. its aimed at people who don't buy many games..

Edit : Ooops there seems to be two PS4 PS+ games available.. Contrast being the one I mentioned, Resogun being the other.. not a bad rating on metacritic - but ultimately just an indie game
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:25:04 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2398 on: November 29, 2013, 03:44:41 PM »
Am I missing something here.. pretty sure you need the PS4 hardware to download the PS4 games on PS+ harv..  :o :-\  What are you actually planning to do ?
I believe if you have a ps+ account you can get the games on the interweb without having the ps4, and download to the console later.

Offline harv

« Reply #2399 on: November 29, 2013, 05:01:16 PM »
Yup, what late said ;D

Looks like I haven't lost the knack of breaking software, I broke The Last Of Us twice about an hour ago lol. Crashed it once and managed to lose two NPCs once meaning I had to reload the save lol. Was quite funny because you could hear them speaking but the models disappeared lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D